Profile for Vanessa Ions > Reviews

45 Large Gold Foil Cupcake Cases ***Plus FREE Gold Glitter***
Offered by Cakes n Shakes
Price: 3.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Gold, 24 July 2014
Excellent quality and a lovely colour. These cases were for a cupcake wedding tower and I had bought two previous sets of cases but the gold colour was too brassy. These cases however were perfect pale gold which was perfect for the look I wanted. A tiny sprinkle of the free gold glitter made for a very classy look. Everyone loved them. Very quick delivery and I will definitely use the same firm again.

The Pumpkin Eater [DVD] [2010]
The Pumpkin Eater [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Anne Bancroft
Price: 4.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Depressing Film., 12 Mar 2014
Whilst I have given this review the headline "deprpessing" I still have to say that the acting in this film is second to none as it would be of course with Anne Bancroft and Peter Finch who are excellent, The film for me was not enjoyable to watch as it was miserable but if you are a an of Anne Bancroft and Peter Finch it is worth a watch.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2014 9:46 AM BST

Pasha - My Story: The Autobiography of TV's Hottest Dance Star
Pasha - My Story: The Autobiography of TV's Hottest Dance Star
Price: 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Enjoyable Read, 12 Mar 2014
This was a very surprising read as I didn't expect Pasha to give so may secrets away as he has always appeared to be a very private person. I had my suspicions about Anya Garnis being his ex-girlfriend and I wish they would get back together because they made a beautiful couple. I really enjoyed the information about Russia and found it very sad how he left home at the age of 14 to pursue his dreams, which ultimately became reality and was so glad to read that he has taken his mother on holidays and sees her more often now. This is a very enjoyable read if you are a Strictly Come Dancing fan, albeit there is only a little information about that particular show, I just think Pasha is the most wonderful dancer and through this book you realise what a lovely person his is.

BBTradesales Man Apron
BBTradesales Man Apron
Price: 13.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for Barbecuing., 16 Oct 2013
Quite a novelty really, just love the pockets and place to hang the cooking utensil, but most of all love the bottle opener on the bottom corner of the apron. Well worth the money, gets lots of comments when we have a barbecue.

The Brontes of Haworth - The Complete Series [DVD]
The Brontes of Haworth - The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alfred Burke
Price: 7.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth seeing., 16 Oct 2013
I only gave this three stars because I thought it was too long winded, there is too much about the life of Branwell and lots before the sisters ever wrote anything. Having said that, I had visited Haworth for about the 5th time just before I bought the DVD and noticed how run down the parsonage had become and the shop attached to the house selling souvenirs was really expense. I sort of fell out with the place in a way and I may have carried those feelings over into my viewing of the DVD. On the plus side it seems to be a very authentic version of the lives of the Brontes as I can see from reading books about the same, and would most probably be of more interest to those who don't already know the life story of the family. I would recommend it as it was half the price it was in the shop at Haworth and it is worth it to see a young Michael Kitchen who plays Branwell who is in my view a brilliant actor.

Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf? [DVD] [1966]
Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf? [DVD] [1966]
Dvd ~ Elizabeth Taylor
Price: 3.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant film, 28 May 2013
This is a classic and if you like Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor this is the film for you. Taylor is brilliant in this, and she did sin an Oscar for it which was more than deserved. Richard Burton is my favourite actor of all time but I have never really rated Taylor, However, she is beautiful and she really shines in this. Burton always said she was a brilliant actress and I thought that was because he was obsessed with her but if you watch these film you can see where he is coming from.

The Ultimate Biography Of The Bee Gees: Tales Of The Brothers Gibb
The Ultimate Biography Of The Bee Gees: Tales Of The Brothers Gibb

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the Bee Gees., 28 May 2013
This book would be brilliant for any Bee Gees fans who have followed them from day one. It is very concise and you get a lot of information about their family life, their marriages and their weaknesses. However, the book centres mostly on their recordings and the people involved int he music side of things which can be a bit boring at times. However it is worth the money.

Jon Secada
Jon Secada
Price: 5.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Jon Secada has a wonderful voice, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Jon Secada (Audio CD)
Love the CD. I had it on cassette tape so I've been playing this for years and never get tired of it. Very good value and quick dk delivery. Thank you.

Angel Malone 1 X Rock Black Rock Skull Shamballa Style Bracelet Unisex 8" Strand
Offered by Angel Malone
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Quality for price, 15 May 2013
I was amazed at the quality for the price paid for this item. I have seen much lesser quality Shamballa bracelets for a much higher price. Thank you very much, ultra quick delivery. Absolute A plus seller.

Once Upon a Crime - I Grew Up in Britain's Hardest City, Where the Only Way to Survive Was on Your Wits
Price: 3.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Three star read., 15 May 2013
Not a bad read. Didn't like the violent bits but it seemed very true to life as I had worked within the legal profession on the criminal law side and have seen men like James Cryans many times. Not bad at all.

Page: 1 | 2