Profile for Peter > Reviews

Peter

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact UK SIM-Free Smartphone - White
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact UK SIM-Free Smartphone - White

1.0 out of 5 stars Great phone hindered by structural errors, 25 Oct. 2014
I bought this phone due to its advanced specification compared to other models on the same price range. In many respects, the phone works great. The screen is fantastic, the battery life is unbeatable (easily lasting 2 days at a time), and there are no hiccups in terms of performance.

However, it suffers from an issue with the waterproof covers. The covers spontaneously pop off within 5 seconds of being put back on. This was an issue that the phone came with, and on returning it to the network provider, they said they could not accept a return/exchange as Sony had told them that this was a wear and tear issue, and the phone would need to be sent for Sony for repair. This repair process took 2.5 weeks, with no communication from Sony about what was going on throughout the whole thing. I received the phone back, and it still has the same problem. So I'm now being told to send the phone in for repair again, which is likely to take another 2-3 weeks. Furthermore, when they sent the phone back, they failed to send back some of the items they requested were sent with the phone, such as the power adapter and charging cable.

I'm not the only one that has had these issues, and know of others that have had the phone completely broken when a cover has popped off underwater. Coupled with the poor customer service I've received, I would suggest avoiding Sony phones until they sort these issues out.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2015 10:03 PM GMT

Philips O'Neill SHO9561/10  The Stretch  Headband Headphones
Philips O'Neill SHO9561/10 The Stretch Headband Headphones
Offered by Oxid7

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, though a tad too small?, 8 April 2012
I bought these back in December and to begin with I thought they were shocking - as I eventually worked out, the lead needs to be plugged into the headphones with a fair bit of force. Since, I've been very impressed - they are comfortable and the sound quality is excellent. I must admit, I haven't tried them for sport yet, I mainly use them when seated (mainly while working). The only complaint I would have is that they are a touch on the small side - I know I have quite a big head, but they only just make it! Great headphones though, especially at the price (£50) I bought them at!