Profile for Emmy S > Reviews

Content by Emmy S

Emmy S

The Sacred Ark (A Mike Travis Paranormal Investigation Book 3)
The Sacred Ark (A Mike Travis Paranormal Investigation Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific read, 26 April 2015
Jan McDonald just keeps producing terrific stories. The Mike Travis stories keep me completely entertained and wanting more, can't wait to read the next book.

Fire HD 6 Case - Exact Amazon Fire HD 6 Case [SLENDER Series] - Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-Shell Stand Case for Amazon Kindle Fire HD 6 (2014) Light Blue
Offered by Smart Shop Online

1.0 out of 5 stars It fits the back well enough and I liked the colour, 29 Nov. 2014
I bought this product for my Kindle Fire hd 6. It fits the back well enough and I liked the colour. However, the front is next to useless. It's so flimsy. It doesn't fit flush against the screen so there's a huge gap and the magnetic strips barely hold the front in place. It also doesn't stand up properly because the front cover is so thin. Interestingly, although it's billed as being for Fire HD 6, on the product description said it was actually for a Nexus phone.
I have now gone and bought the proper Amazon Kindle covers - as I should have done in the first place.
If you're looking for a simple cover i.e. to change the colour of your Kindle, then it does the job, but for protection, it's next to useless.

CaseGuru Knitted Socks Case For iPod Nano 7G, Nano 6G, Nano 5G, Nano 4G and Nano 2G (Cherry Red)
Offered by Case Guru

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Nov. 2014
Fits my iPod Nano brilliantly. Perfect for what I want.

Apple iPod nano 16GB, 7th Generation - Pink
Apple iPod nano 16GB, 7th Generation - Pink
Offered by The Tech Group

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a good replacement, even though it doesn't have the handy ..., 22 Nov. 2014
Bought this as a replacement for my old Apple iPod Nano. I used my old iPod when running around work.
This is a good replacement, even though it doesn't have the handy belt clip on the back and had to buy one separately. The touch screen is clear and very sensitive. The sound is brilliant. Although I wasn't sure about the new ear pods, I actually really like them. Also love the new addition of the play/pause button on the side so you don't have to activate the touch screen every time you want to pause your music.
Despite the fact I already had an iPod so already had iTunes installed, it took an age to get this one set up and transfer all my music onto it. However, once it was on there everything plays perfectly.
The main annoyance, however, is the new lightning connection, meaning that all my old accessories are useless without an adaptor. No charger included either, which is another major nuisence.
Overall though, really happy with my new iPod!

Fire HD 6, 6" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (White) - Includes Special Offers
Fire HD 6, 6" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (White) - Includes Special Offers

3.0 out of 5 stars and the smaller size is actually better to hold in your hand, 22 Nov. 2014
I bought this to replace my old Kindle Fire, which suddenly stopped working for no apparent reason. I bought this as a cheaper alternative. It has all the same features as my old Fire, and the smaller size is actually better to hold in your hand. It was super easy to set up, literally took me two minutes and connected easily to the Cloud so I had all my old content on my new device. I love the front and rear facing cameras. The screen is crystal clear and brilliantly sharp.
Down points: somehow it doesn't feel as solid as my old Fire. The plastic backing somehow makes it feel like a bit of a cheap product. Niggling little differences are annoying as well. For example, the 'sleep' is tempermental. Sometimes it turns itself off completely when you've just pressed the on/off button for a second.
I'm sure it'll just take a little getting used to. But I do miss my old Fire HD.

Angelbound (Angelbound Origins Book 1)
Angelbound (Angelbound Origins Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars ... free when it was on Kindle offers and I loved it so much I immediately went out to buy ..., 18 Nov. 2014
I got this for free when it was on Kindle offers and I loved it so much I immediately went out to buy the others in the series. A really terrific read!

2M X 2M 250G CLEAR HEAVY DUTY POLYTHENE PLASTIC SHEETING GARDEN DIY MATERIAL
2M X 2M 250G CLEAR HEAVY DUTY POLYTHENE PLASTIC SHEETING GARDEN DIY MATERIAL
Offered by Gardener's Dream Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect for my rabbit!, 18 Nov. 2014
I bought this product to cover my rabbit hutches. Provides great protection from the rain and a lot stronger than I was expecting it to be. Not quite as see-through as I would have liked, but it does the job brilliantly. Great value for money and quick delivery.

KG Pet Shampoo 250 ml for mange, fleas, ticks, mites and itchy skin problems. Pesticide & chemical free
Offered by Natural Enzymes

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and quick, 14 Jun. 2014
Bought this product as an alternative to chemical treatment for mites and so far it's worked brilliantly. My dog is no longer scratching and licking quite so much. As an added bonus, we found a tick on him the other day, dabbed a little diluted solution on and within minutes it was dead!
Excellent stuff. We're now going to use it instead of his usual spot on flea treatment.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2015 4:24 PM BST

Roger Ascham and the King's Lost Girl
Roger Ascham and the King's Lost Girl

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great preview, 1 Feb. 2014
After reading this, I am really looking forward to reading Matthew Reilly's new book The Tournament. I wasn't sure I would like this at first but actually really enjoyed the little teaser.

Coca Cola Can Money Box
Coca Cola Can Money Box
Offered by CKONE

1.0 out of 5 stars poor packaging, 12 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Coca Cola Can Money Box (Toy)
Thin tin product + thin plastic bag for packaging + royal mail = dented Xmas present.
The product arrived on time but had so many dents in it its all but useless as the stocking filler I bought it as!