Profile for G7LFC > Reviews

Content by G7LFC

G7LFC

Netatmo Weather Station for Smartphones
Netatmo Weather Station for Smartphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Not so cheap, but style and quality in abundance, 19 Feb 2014
I have dabbled with several cheaper weather stations and weather stations that measured more parameters (wind and rain for example) that cost the same. They were cheaply built (one leaked and self destructed), communicated poorly (one was susceptible to interference from nearby WiFi routers, wireless surveillance cameras) and all took ages to install and setup properly. Getting them to report the results from my weather station on the Internet was cumbersome in all cases.

The Natatmo arrived and was installed, up-and-running, and reporting my weather data to world within thirty minutes. Tracking its reports against our nearby Coastguard weather station at Crosby shows that it is more accurate than the cheaper all-singing all dancing weather stations so far.

The build quality is excellent. The battery compartment of the outdoor unit is secured with two quite elaborate screws that must have cost a lot to manufacture and a good rubber seal, much better than the other stations I've had.

Getting the weather station reporting my data to the world was so simple. Their world map is very clear and informative and the personal control panel for the station is really well designed, though the menu structure could be a little better.

Finally, the big plus is that I don't need to have a PC on collecting my data 24 hours a day. The weather station communicates with the Netatmo servers and uploads all my data there over the Internet. Power consumption will be a lot lower over the period of a year.

Yes, it's a bit more expensive than a WH/WS-3080 that measures wind speed and rain, but it's nowhere near as accurate, or well built.

I fully recommend my Netatmo.

You can view my weather station reports at [...]

Xpose by Sekonda Ladies Watch 3717.05 with Blue Velcro Strap
Xpose by Sekonda Ladies Watch 3717.05 with Blue Velcro Strap

4.0 out of 5 stars Strap's fine on small wrists when you use a bit of logic, 4 May 2011
Bought it for my wife - she's a teacher and goes through watches like there's no tomorrow. She loves the watch, but complained about the strap like everyone else who's got small wrists. Then I explained to her that the strap was designed to be cut to fit the wearer's wrists. So, quick snip of the strap later, followed by some rounding off of the corners, and she's got a watch that fits perfectly on her thin wrist.