Profile for Joel Corbett > Reviews

Dvd ~ Mandy Moore
Offered by Emjays Webstore LTD
Price: 23.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Magical Disney Classic, 23 May 2011
What a film! As a family we sat down to watch this on blu-ray over the weekend with our 5 year old daughter and none of us could take our eyes from the screen.
My daughter is princess mad (sleeping beauty being her favourite) but after watching this Rapunzel is now her favourite,
The story is very simple as our most disney classics (prince, princess, villain - im sure you can guess what happens) but somehow disney manages to make simple storys into magical musical masterpieces and long may it continue.
Its got everything comedy, action, adventure, unforgettable characters and some of the most beautiful songs disney has ever created. My wife and daughter could not help but shed a tear at the ending due to how fantastic the whole experience was (OK, maybe i nearly did too).
This is such a fitting film to mark disney's 50th classic release and hopefully there will be many more for years to come - although they have set the bar very high with this.
If your kids have any interest in disney films then do not hesistate to add this to your collection. I promise you the whole family will enjoy whatever their age.

L.A. Noire (PS3)
L.A. Noire (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 14.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Shallow game with Unbelievable graphics, 22 May 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: L.A. Noire (PS3) (Video Game)
Let me start by saying i was so excited about the release of this game, and after getting it on launch day and playing for a few hours i was amazed how good the game was.
However after 8 or 9 cases i began to get very bored very quickily, you seem to be doing the same thing over and over again and no amount of graphical prowess can disguise what in my opinion is a very basic game underneath.
The questioning side is interesting to start with but as soon as you realise whatever you choose Lie/Truth/Doubt doesnt really matter it became very de-motivating for me to continue. The fact that you can get every choose of questioning completely incorrect and still solve the case is ridiculous.
The investigation side AGAIN is very similar every-time and before long just became an inconvienince in getting to the semi-interesting (for a short-time anyway) questioning side of the investigation.
The shoot-outs, chase scenes etc are poorly done and are not even as well done as in games like GTA and RDR which are old games now. They feel like they were tagged on at the last minute to me, as they realised the main game might become a bit tiresome alone. I cannot see many people tracking down all 40 street crimes (i have by the way) as there is probably only about 3 or 4 different type of scenario in them all even though the setting in each will be different.
I cannot fault the presentation and graphics of this game as it is top-notch but the shallow gameplay was not for me. I have completed the game but that was only to find out what happened at the end, as the story is amazing throughout.
I realise this will probably not be a popular review as many of you seem to be enjoying the game, but it was not for me im afraid.

Nintendo 3DS Handheld Console - Cosmos Black
Nintendo 3DS Handheld Console - Cosmos Black
Price: 151.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece of gaming technology, 18 May 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have been debating since launch day on getting a 3DS, reading both good and not so good reviews from numerous websites and forums.
I want to thank each and every good review i read regarding the 3DS, as in listening to you i have purchased the most outstanding handheld console currently on the market.
The 3D effects are out of this world and i challenge anyone to not be amazed by just watching the 3D movie clip that comes pre-installed on the system (p.s i feel very sorry for anyone who cannot quite see the 3D effects as nintendo intended because you are missing out). I have currently played both streetfighter and lego pirates on my system and both games even though have been done before and are nothing new, the 3D effects really enhance them to a new level making them seem like original and fresh games because of it.
If like me you have a should i? shouldn't i? debate going on in your head about buying the 3DS, stop now and go out and buy one. I guarantee you will not regret it. Thank you Nintendo - Bring on Zelda:OOT.

Page: 1 | 2