Profile for Rachel H > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Inside-Out House
The Inside-Out House

5.0 out of 5 stars hard to put down!, 1 Jan. 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed this; engaging characters and a really good read! I can see it would especially appeal to teens, but a good story and good writing for us grown ups too.

Learning Resources Child's Stethoscope
Learning Resources Child's Stethoscope

5.0 out of 5 stars it works!, 29 Dec. 2013
We've listened to heartbeats and gurgling tummies, even a dog's! And it seems to fit even grown ups ears, but not dogs'. Very pleased, dog less so.

Rapesco A4+ Zippi Bags - Assorted Transparent Colours with metal Zip Strips, Pack of 25

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, not enough colours!, 11 Dec. 2013
Very nice quality plastic folders, good size, thick plastic, LOVELY colours, but only 2 colours (blue and purple) which isn't ideal for colour co-ordinating. Wish there were more colours, otherwise perfect.

Foam Animal Shapes (Pack of 100)
Foam Animal Shapes (Pack of 100)
Offered by Choose4less

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful animals, 4 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Foam Animal Shapes (Pack of 100)
My little girl was very excited when she found these in the craft drawer. I expected them to be sticky (my mistake) but they are not, just foam stickers as in the description. For a glue-loving pre-schooler this is actually a bonus!

SICHERE LERN SCHERE - KIDI CUT
SICHERE LERN SCHERE - KIDI CUT
Offered by Quickdraw Stationery UK

5.0 out of 5 stars fab safe scissors, 18 Jan. 2013
Sharp enough for paper and thin card and very safe. My 3 year old is delighted with them and I'm happy knowing she can use them completely safely.

Alphabet: Alison Jay's ABC
Alphabet: Alison Jay's ABC
by Alison Jay
Edition: Board book

3.0 out of 5 stars not good for learning the alphabet, 18 Jan. 2013
I think this is a book for adults to enjoy with (or without) babies and toddlers, not a book for learning the alphabet. Lovely pictures and all lower case but not phonics based - g is for giraffe, o is for owl - confusing for a small child.

Little Miss Muffet Counts to Ten
Little Miss Muffet Counts to Ten
by Emma Chichester Clark

4.0 out of 5 stars Imaginative counting book, 24 Sept. 2011
Lovely book for little ones based on the story of Miss Muffet, but the spider stays and is joined by lots of other animals bringing cakes, bunting and playing trumpets. Would make a really great birthday present. Lots of opportunities for counting to 10 and searching for the animals.

Amazing Mr Zooty!
Amazing Mr Zooty!
by Emma Chichester Clark

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit strange, bit annoying!, 11 April 2011
This review is from: Amazing Mr Zooty! (Paperback)
A strange story about some nice poor people being given 3 wishes and getting rich, I find it quite annoying. But my cat mad 20 month old loves it.

Sewing Clothes Kids Love
Sewing Clothes Kids Love
by Nancy J. S. Langdon
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Where is the skirt on page 13?, 27 July 2010
It's a beautiful book with inspiring pictures, ideas, fabrics. But I'm a tad disappointed as I bought it as soon as I saw the skirt on page 13 in the 'Look Inside' pages, and there isn't a pattern for it. I really really wanted to make this skirt. Hmmmph. Just the same, it's a gorgeous book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2013 11:49 PM BST

Comments Of The Inner Chorus
Comments Of The Inner Chorus

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 31 July 2008
I expected to really love this CD, I'm mad about Psapp and Hanne Hukkelberg who also use little noises and bleeps and things in an interesting way. But Tunng doesn't have the same soul, it's dry and studied and deliberate. And the girl and boy singing along together all the time really gets on my nerves. I do however like 'Jenny Again', I'd like to hear a good cover version.

Page: 1 | 2