Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Emma Jane Nursing Bra with Pads (38B-F, White)
Emma Jane Nursing Bra with Pads (38B-F, White)
Offered by Mothersbliss

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, easy to wear nursing bra, 7 May 2013
I bought these in a 2 pack (one black, one white) when pregnant with my daughter. I knew I wanted to breastfeed but had no idea what size I would end up being after my milk supply was established. These seemed like the perfect solution as you don't need to worry about cup sizes, just the band size. I have been using them now for over 6 months and they are still going strong. They are easy to open one handed and have coped with the changes in my size over the last 6 months really well. The only downsides are that they are less supportive than cup-sized bras if you are on the larger size and I find that the clasp at the back comes undone while wearing them some times.

Gumigem Espresso Miller Hearts Necklace
Gumigem Espresso Miller Hearts Necklace
Offered by The Tech Lodge

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy teether for your little one, pretty necklace for you, 7 May 2013
I ordered this when my daughter started teething and wanted something to chew ALL THE TIME! This was the perfect solution as I can take it anywhere without needing to remember it, it looks pretty on and it's perfectly safe and non-toxic for my little girl to put in her mouth. It also solves the problem of what she can do with her hands when I'm nursing her and means that my hair doesn't get pulled any more! Just the right size for little hands to hold and with different shaped bits to chew on when different teeth start coming through.

Braun Thermoscan lens filters , covers x 20 (PC20)
Braun Thermoscan lens filters , covers x 20 (PC20)
Offered by Nightingale Nursing Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect refill, 7 May 2013
We have (and regularly use) a Braun Thermoscan digital thermometer and needed more lens filters. These were perfect and at a great price.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my baby monitor, 6 May 2013
I bought this to use with my AngelCare video baby monitor. Fixes to the bottom with the standard tripod screw, then the flexible grippy legs allow me to attach the baby monitor to something wherever we are - so the side of the cot, a bed headboard, a chair, a curtain rail - the possibilities are endless. I always get a good view of the baby and the gorilla pod was an excellent price for such a versatile and useful product.

The Baby-led Weaning Cookbook: Over 130 delicious recipes for the whole family to enjoy
by Gill Rapley

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 6 May 2013
We bought this as a follow on from the 'Baby Led Weaning' book as we are currently doing BLW with our 6 month old daughter. This recipe book is fantastic and is already very well used!

I love the way that the book is divided into sections such as 'breakfasts', 'light lunches', 'salads', 'soups', 'mains - poultry' etc. It makes it very easy to find a recipe that will be appropriate and the recipes are all very simple and quick - perfect when you have a young baby on your hands at the same time!

At first I didn't think this book would be necessary - afterall the whole point of BLW is that baby can eat the same as you, right? However it can be hard at times to think of interesting, varied meals (we all cook the same 5 or 6 recipes over and over, don't we?) and this is really useful for ideas like how to get flavour without adding salt and how to prepare quick, non-messy breakfasts and how to make desserts healthy and nutritious.

There's also some really good general info on BLW, nutrition and the technical side of cooking (weights and measures etc) at the beginning.

Overall totally worth the money and a book I know I will use time and time again!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2014 1:30 PM BST

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok as a wearable blanket - not much of a swaddle though, 6 May 2013
We bought this as our daughter was outgrowing her Summer swaddle blankets and, as she was coming up to 5 months, we thought it would help ease the transition out of the swaddle. We hoped to be able to swaddle in it to begin with, then leave one arm out, then both and use as a sleeping bag.

When the product arrived I was impressed by the soft feel of the material and the generous size of the sleeping bag. The colour is a very shocking pink, but that was fine too. I washed the bag and looked forward to using it on our daughter. However, once she was in it it became clear very quickly that this wouldn't cut it as a swaddle at all. The 'wing' wraps around the body and velcros along the back. Even on the tightest setting it was very easy for my daughter to get her arms out of the wing - so in effect she was not swaddled at all. As she was still unable to sleep swaddled this meant that the product was no good to us as a swaddle. Now that we have weaned her off the swaddle in other (very expensive) ways (check out the American 'Zipadeezip') we could potentially use this is a regular sleeping bag - however we find the material is too hot.

This would be fine if your baby is not much of a wriggler or doesn't try to break out of their swaddle at all. If, however, your baby is like ours (needs to be swaddled but wriggles and 'fights' it a lot) then don't bother - this is not the product for you.