Profile for Muso > Reviews

Content by Muso

Muso (UK)

Three Mobile Broadband Ready to Go 3GB Preloaded Data Standard SIM for 3G Tablets

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good value for money any more, 8 Jan 2014
I've bought 4 of these over the last year to use with my Nexus 7 and they've been brilliant, but I was horrified by the price hike recently and certainly won't be buying one at a nearly 100% markup. Is the price increase Amazon or 3?

Somebody suggested just topping up the sim - unfortunately by the looks of the 3 website the £15 3GB topup only lasts a month which is pretty useless if like me you don't get through the data in that time. The 1 month £10 top up ends up being £30 over 3 months.

The only solution I can see is tethering to my contract phone...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2014 12:35 PM GMT

Anker® Astro E4 13000mAh Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery USB Charger for iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S 4 3GS, iPad 5 4 3 2, Air, mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3 2, Nexus 4 5 7 10, HTC One, Motorola Droid DNA, MOTO X G, LG Optimus, most other Phones and Tablets - Black
Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit so far - fussy about how it's charged though., 7 Sep 2013
Seems to do everything I want of it, smallish and lightish, keep in a bag or the car. Looks good, feels well built, charged my Nexus 7 and HTC Sensation out of the box with plenty of charge left. I find the idea of 1A and 2A sockets a little odd - I am no electronics expert but I seem to recall that a device pulls what it requires so a phone plugged into the 2A port will not be a problem. It was a long time ago so I could be mistaken though!

The odd thing, though, is how it charges.

Initially I plugged it into my old HTC Hero Mains USB charger and used the lead supplied with the Anker E4. Had a very weird LED flashing pattern: First the left green LED lit, then the leftmost 2 LEDs, then back to the left LED, then the leftmost 3 (or 4, seems to relate to the current state of charge) LEDs lit, then they got brighter, then all off, before the cycle repeated. Odd, and certainly not documented in the manual! Not sure if it is charging but was plugged in for a while and didn't add any segments to the charge level.

Notice after a bit of fiddling that it was doing the same thing but instead of the 3 LEDs getting brighter just before going out, the torch LED would flash brefly!

Well, I was convinced it was knackered and was about to package it up and send back to Amazon when I tried it plugged into my Netbook, hey presto, it worked!

So I had a little experiment. Here are the results:

HTC Sensation charger (1A), E4 charging lead: just lights one (left) LED
HTC Sensation charger (1A), Sensation charging lead: seems to work
Nexus 7 charger (2A), E4 charging lead: seems to work
Nexus 7 charger (2A), Nexus 7 charging lead: seems to work

So, it seems mine is either very sensitive to how it is charged, the lead isn't great, or it's knackered.

I would be curious to know if anybody else has tried this or had a similar problem. I am going to post my findings to Anker and see if there is a problem with my unit...

Feel Euphoria
Feel Euphoria
Offered by skyvo-direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a grower, 18 Dec 2008
This review is from: Feel Euphoria (Audio CD)
First album after Neal Morse left, AND followup to the amazing Snow, this album has a lot to live up to. I don't mind admitting I was a bit disappointed to begin with. It doesn't grab as instantly as the likes of V and Snow, but it does improve on repeated listening. There's some catchy stuff on there, and although some of it doesn't sound like traditional Beard, think of it as the band finding their feet after Neal's departure - listening to Octane and their self-titled album released since this will show you that they are certainly back to the top of their game without Neal. Shining Star is a particular favourite of mine.