Profile for Jules 77 > Reviews

Content by Jules 77

Jules 77 "Jules" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Philip Men's Wales Chronograph Watch R8241693015 with Automatic Movement, White Dial and Stainless Steel Case
Offered by silvestro coppola

5.0 out of 5 stars looks great and well made, 26 Oct. 2014
Lovely watch, looks great and well made.

Timex Ironman Men's Digital Watch with LCD Dial Digital Display and Black Resin Strap T5K341

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, 3 Mar. 2013
Definately not worth the RRP, I had to take the watch apart after delivery as the display wasn't lining up with the case properly, the printed Ironman logo on the face also is a couple of degrees off. I doubt the watch was really water resistant to 200m as the construction is not very precise. Finish looks a lot cheaper than the main picture suggests.

Funland
Funland
by Richard Laymon

2.0 out of 5 stars First Laymon book I've read..., 15 July 2012
This review is from: Funland (Paperback)
I decided to give this book a go to introduce me to Laymon, I chose this book as I liked the ingredients the story was offering. A spooky funhouse / amusement arcade, derelicts, a new boy in the area, etc. *SPOILERS.* I found the story very slow moving and confusing with a large number of characters but decided to persevere with the book even though there was actually no horror or suspense in the story. The characters are paper thin and the main character "Duke" (among others) seems to have an unbelievable lack of personal motivation and just does whatever the writer requires at any point in time. It does pick up at the end horror wise but by then it's unnecessary and it becomes very surreal in the process. The main plot point is never resolved as we don't find out why the derelicts (bums, trolls, whatever you call them) were cannibalistic sexual assailants, instead we have the funhouse owner riding a giant spider while firing guns... I don't think I'll be wasting my time with another Laymon book for a while.

Yardley London Citrus and Wood Eau De Toilette Spray for Men 50ml
Yardley London Citrus and Wood Eau De Toilette Spray for Men 50ml
Offered by Perfume-Click

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm not sure..., 25 Jan. 2012
I bought this because I have heard it likened to Terre D'Hermes which I love in both it's EDT and Parfum incarnations. There is more than a little resemblance but this is definately a different perfume, after the initial citrus attack it concentrates more on a smokey woodsy smell which is nowhere near the cedar which features prominately in Terre.

Like another reviewer I have a recollection of having smelt this before somewhere but I can't place it and I'm not sure I like it.

Zippo Venetian Lighter - High Polished Brass
Zippo Venetian Lighter - High Polished Brass

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok., 11 May 2011
This is my first Zippo and, to be honest, I was expecting the quality to be higher. In particular the hinge is very loose and the method used to attach the hinge to the case doesn't look like it will last.

Playboy Hollywood for Men Eau de Toilette - 100 ml
Playboy Hollywood for Men Eau de Toilette - 100 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells great!, 1 May 2011
Reviews on this type of product are always gong to be extremely subjective but I think this smells really nice. To my nose it's very similar to Armani Code but with a slightly more warm / woody base which becomes apparent after around 30 minutes. I would not hesitate to recommend this as it's unlikely to be disagreeable to anyone.

Detomaso Gents Watch Genova Chronograph Gold-Plated/White SL1592C-CH-G
Detomaso Gents Watch Genova Chronograph Gold-Plated/White SL1592C-CH-G

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking watch., 9 Mar. 2011
I recently bought this watch and it appears to be well made for the price. One bad point is that I don't think the Chronograph is particularly useable as it uses the small 6 o'clock sub dial for the seconds (the large seconds hand is for the actual time) but think this will look very nice to wear for work.

Jack Parow [Explicit]
Jack Parow [Explicit]

4.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up!, 11 Jan. 2011
Unfortunately I don't understand Afrikaans, although I have now learnt a few words, but this album is still really good. I love "Cooler as ekke" and the English friendly "I miss."

Colloquial Italian (Paperback & CDs Pack)
Colloquial Italian (Paperback & CDs Pack)
by Sylvia Lymbery

2.0 out of 5 stars Flawed learning., 8 Jan. 2011
Unfortunately I have noticed a large number of small errors when working through the book (I am only up to Unit 4 so far) which disappoints me a lot as I then start to doubt whether what I am learning is correct when I do not notice an error. I have spoken to some genuine Italians who confirmed the book is wrong with regards to accents in some of the early exercises.

A lot of the mistakes are silly and what is prompting me to write this review is this, I am doing exercise 3 of unit 4 and when I turn to the back to check my answers it becomes apparent that the person who wrote / revised the book doesn't know how to tell the time in English, let alone Italian. 10 past 6 has become 2.30 which is not possible as the long hand is pointing directly at the 2. Quarter to 1 has become Quarter to 2, even though the short (hour) hand is between the 12 and 1...

The book just reads incredibly sloppily and I find the English accents on the CD fairly unrepresentative of English spoken by anyone naturally.

I would not recommend this to anyone.

Givenchy Very Irresistible Eau de Toilette - 100 ml
Givenchy Very Irresistible Eau de Toilette - 100 ml

1.0 out of 5 stars Very horrible!, 4 Jan. 2011
I bought this in Amazon's boxing day sale, smell unknown. I like a wide range of smells (for different occaisons and mood) so didn't see this as too much of a risk. However, I have to say, this is one of the most horrible (in my opinion) frangrance's I have ever smelt. It's a really strong smell of gone off chocolate with a top bouquet of rancid flowers to my nose.

Anyway, your mileage may vary but I wouldn't buy this for a man unless he, and those around him, already like it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3