Profile for FordPrefect > Reviews

FordPrefect

Trangia 2.5L Billy Can With Lid
Trangia 2.5L Billy Can With Lid

5.0 out of 5 stars Too handy to not have, 11 Nov 2014
Does what it says on the tin and more. Your stove will fit inside for easy carrying and using some tinfoil and a rock/weight you can turn it into a small Dutch oven to bake yourself a damper to go with your soup etc.

Palladium Unisex - Adult PALLABROUSE BAGGY~NAVY/METAL~M Casual Blue Blau (NAVY/METAL 413) Size: 44.5 EU (10 Herren UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amongst the best foot ware I've ever had!, 11 Nov 2014
Very comfortable, hardwearing too, yet soft enough to feel the pedals when driving. Excellent for whether you're walking or driving and they look great as well. I'd buy them again over the other alternatives.

Neoprene Motorcycle Full Face Skull Mask Balaclava Reversible
Neoprene Motorcycle Full Face Skull Mask Balaclava Reversible

1.0 out of 5 stars don't waste your money!, 12 Feb 2013
It won't fit you unless your head is absolutely immense and an odd shape, I take an extra large helmet and it's still so loose and poorly fitted that putting my helmet on results in the mask ending up around my neck. To cap it off all the ventilation holes are blocked up, the hole at the end of the 'nose' doesn't come near where it should and the teeth on the skull pretty much vanish under the chin so rather than resembling a skull it looks like you've been in an accident at a paint factory!

Jesse Fuller's Favorites
Jesse Fuller's Favorites

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent listening!, 31 Jan 2013
I got into listening to Jesse Fuller after discovering Sea Sick Steve some years ago, the styles are somewhat different, but both are good honest blues. This album can't fail to get you foot tapping and your head nodding, I've had my friends listening to it as well and they're quite taken with it too. Thoroughly recommended!

SAMSUNG GALAXY Y S5360 SMOKE BLACK TPU GEL SKIN / CASE / COVER + SCREEN PROTECTOR PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE

4.0 out of 5 stars Only one niggle, 26 July 2012
The gel case is quite smart and fits well with no problems. It should give a decent level of protection to the phone. My only issue is with the screen protector, it doesn't fit correctly around the home button on the phone and required trimming. I believe they have changed the shape of the home button on the latest model of the Galaxy Y from being square to rectangular, meaning it is wider and the screen protector overlaps slightly. Otherwise the protector fits very well and doesn't change the responsiveness of the touch screen at all.

In Time To Voices [VINYL]
In Time To Voices [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely excellent!, 22 July 2012
This review is from: In Time To Voices [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Whether you're a new or old fan of Blood Red Shoes I can thoroughly recommend this album, particularly in this format! The vinyl version comes with the CD version and I have carefully listened to both and have to say the vinyl version sound so much richer and my friends agree. Not only that but the album art and quality of the sleeves really shine compared to those awful plastic jewel cases with flimsy hinges. This album has become a proud part of my vinyl collection and gets played often.

Biker Wallet - Truckers
Biker Wallet - Truckers
Offered by Hardstuff Mailorder GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars sturdy wallet, 22 July 2012
This review is from: Biker Wallet - Truckers (Apparel)
My old trucker's wallet was getting worn out so I was looking for a new one, this one being made of real leather, unlike the last, seemed like the best bet. It's well constructed from thick leather with two press studs to keep it firmly closed. Inside there's 2 open pockets, a pocket with a zip and a slot at the front suitable for a single card. If you've got lots of cards this may not be the wallet for you but if you've only a few you can keep your most used one in the slot and other's in the zip pocket quite easily and the thick leather construction ensured the cards don't get bent and broken as they do in some wallets. Over all I'm happy, the wallet should last me for many years to come, my only grumble would be that the chain and clip are a little on the light side so I've replaced it with my heavier original wallet chain and clip.

Sandisk 32GB MicroSDHC (MicroSD) Memory Card For Samsung Galaxy S II S2 4G | Galaxy i9103 R | Conquer 4G | Exhibit 4G | Dart Mobile Phone
Offered by UkMobileAccessories

5.0 out of 5 stars So much in something so small, 22 July 2012
I wanted a large capacity micro SD card for my Galaxy Y and 32gb is the biggest it can support. This was the best price I could find online and so far the card works excellently. Certainly recommended.

Kitchen Craft Enamelled Cast Iron 23cm Square Grill Pan
Kitchen Craft Enamelled Cast Iron 23cm Square Grill Pan

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !, 8 Feb 2012
I recently bought one of these to compliment my plain round cast iron skillet and I've found that it's likewise a great investment. It's a little more fiddly to season due to the ridges, but not impossibly so. I've done quite a few things in it since I got it, I've not had anything stick and it's always done the food wonderfully. I would recommend it to anyone and unlike the round kitchen craft skillet I have this one would be suitable for use on a ceramic hob as the base is entirely flat, lacking the ridge around the edge the round version has. If you look after the pan it will last you a lifetime and beyond so considering the asking price they're virtually giving them away!

Kitchen Craft Deluxe Cast Iron 24cm Round Plain Grill Pan
Kitchen Craft Deluxe Cast Iron 24cm Round Plain Grill Pan

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 6 Jan 2012
I bought this pan as I was sick of having to buy new non-stick pans only to have them wear out in a year or two. I knew with this that it would last me a life time, but I didn't count on just how much better it would be! It comes unseasoned but seasoning the pan is the most basic thing in the world and only an idiot could mess it up, once that natural non-stick is in place and the pan gets it's proper black colour then you're in business. Because it's one piece cast without plastic handles I've found it handy for use in the oven as well as on the hob tob, it makes excellent pan cakes and fantastic toad in the hole or full size yorkshire puddings.
It's very hard to get food to stick to the pan and simple warm water and sponge can lift it off. I use it so regularly that it doesn't get chance to go back into the cupboard!
I have to say that it's probably the best thing I've ever bought for the kitchen, it's converted me and I intend to get more cast iron cookware as and when I can afford it. I would recommend this pan to anyone who cooks on a gas hob or the older electric hobs with the coiled elements, it isn't suitable for newer electric hobs thanks to the ridge around the edge of the base that would prevent contact with a ceramic hob.