Profile for jamsari > Reviews

Content by jamsari

jamsari

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro3 12000mAh (4A Output) Triple Port Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery USB Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3, Galaxy Tab 4 3 2, Pro, Nexus 4 5 7 10, HTC One, One 2 (M8), PS Vita, Gopro, most other Phones and Tablets
Offered by AnkerDirect

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect!, 27 Jan 2010
I have had this amazingly nice lens for a few months now and for macro works and the new hybrid stabilisation system it truly delivers. I can now take macro shots mostly hand-held (dependent and lights f-stop etc) which is a lot better than carrying a tripod everywhere you go. Mind you, if you are serious about macro photography you do need a good tripod. Nuff said!

Where is baby also shines is where need to do a bit of portraiture work. The focal length is perfect (on a full frame) the max aperture at 2.8 is good enough in my honest opinion. Hardly any image distortion taken at its widest aperture. This is good! The colour rendition is accurate. It is almost as good as my 85mm 1.2L ii which I adore.

The thing is, if you are looking to do macro works. Look no further this is it! Great bang for your bucks. A lot of fun will be gained with this. Bad weather outside? No problem! Plenty of stuff indoors to take pics of. You get the idea. Another serious advantage with this is the already mentioned portrait work. I know its not a f1.2 or evem 1.8 but wait.. don't knock it until you try it yourself. The HIS (hybrid stabilisation system)will ensure perfect focus and who doesn't want that. You can easily take images at 1/30s handheld with the HIS on. Big bonus there in dark places.

The only problem, not sure if you can call it a problem is that it drains the battery. Kinda painful if you are not prepared.

One last note. This baby focuses like lightning especially if you don't put it on the near to infinity mode. Long shots for long and near shots for near etc.. Its as fast as the 135mm f2 and that is saying alot!

With is versatility you can safely bring it with you (its light weight) to compliment you other lenses. I usually carry this and my 17-40mm f4L and would get most things with it. My 85mm 1.2L stay indoor unfortunately. Its a bit on the heavy side but heck that is a specialised lens and this baby can do macro and more!

Enjoy.

Canon EF 17-40 mm f/4.0 L USM Lens
Canon EF 17-40 mm f/4.0 L USM Lens
Offered by WI Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly my most used L lens!, 25 Jan 2010
If you are reading this then you know that this is one of the most useful zoom L lens and probably one of the cheapest L quality lens out there. If you have a crop body (which I did start with) it is a truly remarkable walk-around lens which would occupy serious time on my 450D. Its that good!

It has plenty of uses. Landscape and street photography is where this baby truly shines (on a fullframe 5d mk ii) I would normally stop this down to f8-f11 (sweet spot) and just shoot away. It is sharp! You'd be surprised in terms of sharpness even comparing with few of my primes (85mm 1.2L mkii and 100mm 2.8L IS)

There are times I wished that this is slightly faster for indoor photography (a bit slow at f4 aperture) but then again it can do preety much everything else. Grab the flash and problems solved.

The focusing speed is blindingly fast. Accurate without need for micro adjustment. Built like a tank and can take few serious knocks. Mine has! Phew! It is something I can't say about the 85mm 1.2L ii which would give me palpitations everytime it gets some time on the 5D (amazing lens though).

Its a great beginner lens too especially if you are like me, start small and then get sucked in into the world of photography. In no time at all you'll have a FF (full frame) with few quality L lenses. Not to mention down by few thousands euros! Ouch!

Enjoy snapping and don't tell me I didn't warn you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2013 9:19 AM GMT

Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Lens
Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Lens
Price: £1,549.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality in abundance!, 25 Jan 2010
I have had this lens for over a year now. Initially on a 450D (what?? you might say) which performed very well but on a full frame 5D mk ii this baby truly shines! The images are sharp the colour rendition is amazing. The focal lenght is just perfect.

I have few Canon L lenses: 17-40mm f4, 100mm f2.8 IS and the 135mm f2. They all have their strengths but this is my favourite. Not quite my work horse (that would be my 17-40) but it never fail to wow me everytime I give it a bit of air-time.

It is hard to learn initially. The focusing is a bit slow compared to my fast performers but then again you know that already if you are considering this.

It is great at 1.2 even better stopped down to 1.6 or even 1.8, dependent on what you want of course.

With the 5D you might want to MA (micro-adjust) did that few times but but I always ended up going to 0 adjustment. I realised then it was my technique that needed improving rather than this wonder of a lens.

My advice is not to rent it because you'll want it even more. Sure it's not as versatile as a 70-200 2.8 for wedding portraiture but stunning images at shallow DOF is something else.

The L lens craving is an addiction (curse you Canon!) but secretly I pray that they keep giving us wonderful products.

My next target is the 24mm 1.4L mk ii. Should be great for indoor/night-time shots.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2010 2:52 PM BST