Profile for Mr. Clayton D. Jones > Reviews

Content by Mr. Clayton D....

Mr. Clayton D. Jones "The Listerman" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Touch Wood - The Autobiography of the 1953 Le Mans Winner
Touch Wood - The Autobiography of the 1953 Le Mans Winner

5.0 out of 5 stars very good indeed, 15 Mar. 2015
I downloaded this book prior to my holiday and now sat on my balcony in Grenada as I write. Possibly the best book I have ever read and what an inspiration he was. It certainly was an era that we will never see again and only hints can be gained at such wonderful places as Goodwood and Silverstone historics etc. Ironically I have just seen on line that Hamilton has just won the Australian GP, although very pleased for him I had a wry smile and a desire to step in a time machine and go back 65 years! Interestingly though I searched Tony Rolt and came across an article where he strongly disputed the drinking story pre 53 LeMans, perhaps a touch of artistic licence has been used but none the less....Mr Hamilton.....I salute you sir and know your up there having one big party with the boys!

Jaguar Sports Racing and Works Competition Cars to 1953: 001 (A Foulis motoring book)
by Andrew Whyte

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Oct. 2014
Very good book for jag racing buffs!

MGB Uprating and Bodyshell Rebuild (Practical Classics)
MGB Uprating and Bodyshell Rebuild (Practical Classics)
by Practical Classics & Car Restorer

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Oct. 2014
Very pleased indeed

John Chatham - Mr Big Healey: The Official Biography
John Chatham - Mr Big Healey: The Official Biography
by Norman Burr

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 21 Feb. 2013
Only just bought my first Healey 3000 and bumped into John Chatham recently. It's plain to see as soon as you meet him he is a one off!! Wish I was around in the hay day...well written book and doubt Healeys will ever be driven again by such a colourful character.

Draper 61023 Digital Automotive Analyser
Draper 61023 Digital Automotive Analyser

5.0 out of 5 stars Multimeter, 30 Oct. 2011
Fantastic item and relatively easy to get to grips with for the average home mechanic. Tough casing and clear instructions. Definitely recommend.

Speedliter's Handbook: Learning to Craft Light with Canon Speedlites
Speedliter's Handbook: Learning to Craft Light with Canon Speedlites
by Syl Arena

5.0 out of 5 stars Talent to the highest Order, 16 Jun. 2011
Thought I was on the way to being fairly good with my speedlite....try 5% of this guy....Well written to an aspiring level and a great pick up put down book. No regrets.

Lowepro S&F Vest Harness
Lowepro S&F Vest Harness

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy a photographers vest not this, 14 May 2010
Oh how I wish I had not bought this..........it may carry a bit of kit but what ever you do only put it on if you are in the centre of the Sahara desert or on the moon....or you will look a total anorak!!!

Orange County Choppers: The Tale of the Teutuls
Orange County Choppers: The Tale of the Teutuls
by Paul Teutul

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok but, 25 Mar. 2010
I'm afraid I got caught up in the hype.............a few months on and its still some where upstairs!!!! Go to the library flick through it and then put it back. Lie most OCC items its overpriced, which was ok when the series was at the top of its game, but sadly is no longer!

Boesinghe (Battleground Europe)
Boesinghe (Battleground Europe)
by Stephen McGreal

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 25 Mar. 2010
I visit this area about 4 or 5 times a year and thought I new a lot about the area....how wrong I was. I have all the Pen and Sword guides to date and this in my view is without doubt the most informative and well written. No hesitation in recomending.

Canon EOS Digital Photography: Photo Workshop
Canon EOS Digital Photography: Photo Workshop
by Serge Timacheff

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable referance guide for most, 25 Mar. 2010
I can only rate this book from a view point of some one who within 1 year has become obsessed with my Canon DSLR. Its no reference guide you would return to time and time again but it does instill a need for more knowledge. Well worth the money if like me you are just starting out with the Canon route, but I doubt would receive such rave reviews from a more seasoned veteran. No regrets my end!

Page: 1 | 2