Profile for Dr. J. E. F. Fitzgerald > Reviews

Content by Dr. J. E. F. F...

Dr. J. E. F. Fitzgerald (Oxford, England)

atFoliX Screen Protector for HTC HD2 (T8585) Non-Reflective High quality: Made in Germany.

5.0 out of 5 stars No probs, does the job well, 5 Feb 2010
I was cautious buying this having read the other comments, but had no probs at all myself. Perfect fit for the HTC HD2 screen, with cut-outs for the speaker and buttons.

I agree the film is a bit of a dust magnet, but you just need to be careful and make as sure as you can there is none on the screen. The film isn't particularly sticky, so if something gets caught you can peel it back up and re-apply it without any difficulty. Being careful not to touch it, I used a pin to pluck off one or two larger bits of dust that trapped as I was applying it. After that is was fine.

The instructions say that any small bubbles left after application (without bits of dust causing them) will disappear over the 24-48 hours after application. I was very doubtful of this, but they did.

It does the anti-reflective job well, which works for me as I found the shiny HD2 screen tricky in sunlight, particularly with the screen light on lower settings to conserve the battery. It's also pretty tough and wipe-clean, so definitely good at protecting the touch-screen.

I'm very happy with it, and would recommend it.