Profile for K F > Reviews

Dvd ~ Claire Richards
Offered by Jasuli
Price: 6.45

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely uninspiring, 21 Feb 2013
I bought this DVD thinking "Look how much weight she's lost, what's her secret". It definitely wasn't this DVD. It's a bit of tacky fun with men in army uniform with rock hard behinds doing all the real work while Ms Richards stands at the back doing the simplified version. There's obviously no harm in that but it didn't push or inspire me in the slightest. I'm looking to give it away to someone, anyone just so I don't have to look at it on the shelf.

Miss Julie (Dover Thrift Editions)
Miss Julie (Dover Thrift Editions)
by August Strindberg
Price: 1.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Second Handy type feel, 21 Feb 2013
I was really happy with this purchase - I bought it second hand which is how I like my books!

Impro (Performance Books): Improvisation and the Theatre
Impro (Performance Books): Improvisation and the Theatre
by Keith Johnstone
Price: 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Every actor should have this book., 21 Feb 2013
I found out about this book via Ideas Tap and I'm so glad I did. What a fascinating read. It's really opened my mind. I think this book is vaulable to any performer - it's not only about improvisation but about being a truthful and imaginative performer. I'll read it again and again.

The Art of Clowning
The Art of Clowning
by Eli Simon
Price: 16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A great purchase, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Art of Clowning (Paperback)
This is the first book I bought after my interest in clowning had been ignited. It's really great - an interesting read with lots of good advice which I will read again and again. However I found myself beginning to skip over the exercise sections which I think are most effective being used with a group of people. On my own, I'll miss those parts out but it would be a brilliant tool for a workshop of any kind really - clowning or drama games.

Roald Dahls Matilda The Musical PVG
Roald Dahls Matilda The Musical PVG
by Tim Minchin
Price: 11.87

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but simple, 21 Feb 2013
The book is lovely. there's a good foreword by Tim Minchin explaining that he's designed the book for both reading and non-reading musicians. The tunes are great, as you'd expect although doesn't contain the harmonies - it's just a single vocal line and this is what I was looking forward to most.