Profile for Rik > Reviews

Content by Rik

Rik (Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom)

Vikuiti ADQC27 SCREEN PROTECTOR by 3M for TomTom GO 5000, crystal-clear, anti-reflective, scratch-resistant, easy mountable, 100% fits
Offered by MEXXTRONICS

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but..., 14 Jun 2014
The product details say:

> High transparency, crystal clear screen protector.
> Anti-reflective.
> Bubble free installation guaranteed! Anyone can manage a bubble free installation.
> Effective scratch protection, very durable.
> Every type is custom made (no uniform sizes).

Every description is true, apart from the 'Anti-reflective' part.

This screen protector is £11.95. One of the dearest that you can get. So, I was thoroughly disappointed, after fixing, to discover that it is NOT anti-reflective at all.
I should have purchased a cheaper one.

Verbatim 43548 16x DVD-R - Spindle 50 Pack
Verbatim 43548 16x DVD-R - Spindle 50 Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product. Trustworth., 22 May 2014
I've used these discs in the past, and I've always had very good results. Therefore purchasing them again was a very easy choice.

Gold 2680MAH High Capacity Business Battery for Samsung I8160 Galaxy Ace 2
Gold 2680MAH High Capacity Business Battery for Samsung I8160 Galaxy Ace 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Feedback about eCell, 9 Nov 2012
I am writing to tell everyone about the sort of service that used to exist in the UK. And it seems that with some retailers, it still does. I purchased the 'Gold 2680MAH High Capacity Battery' for my Galaxy Ace 2. I was very disappointed with the product, and upon hearing this, eCell immediately contacted me to offer me a full refund. I was actually quite taken aback with the speed and the service. In my opinion, it's the after sales service that makes any company and eCell certainly meets that criteria, in my books. With just this one experience, I would recommend eCell to anyone. A personal thanks from me, to eCell.

LEICKE Panasonic UJ-260 External Blu-Ray Disc Burner Writer Drive USB 3.0 BD-R XL 100 GB & BD-RE XL 100 GB Support / Successor Model to Panasonic UJ-240

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic UJ-260 External Blu-ray Burner, 8 May 2012
I have a MacBook Pro and wanted an External Blu-ray Burner/Drive.

I searched for quite some time and looked at various makes and models.
I was comparing makes and models and YES, the price also!

In my case, the drive needed to work on the Mac side as well as the Windows side of my MacBook.
I was also looking for the drive to be simply powered by just the USB cable.
The good thing about the Panasonic UJ-260 is that not only does it come with a USB cable, it also comes with a second USB cable that can provide extra power, should you be burning a high capacity disc that might take some time.

The drive is very sleek and I like the metal casing.
The bottom of the drive comes with very unobtrusive rubber feet. Therefore, the drive fits very nicely into the fabric cover that comes with the drive.

I've had problems with some makes of blank discs in the past, so, that was the first thing I tried with this drive.
There were no problems with writing to the blank disc I used. Whilst this is not a scientific test, and it can be that not all discs will work with all drives and the writing software used, I was pleasantly surprised with the results I got with this drive.

It's a real plug and play - no software needed for Mac or Windows.
Windows on my Mac is running in a virtual machine and the drive works perfectly.

The price is excellent compared to others I looked at, and having used it, I call it 'value for money'.

Panasonic UJ-260 External Blu-Ray Disc Burner Writer Drive BD-R XL 100 GB & BD-RE XL 100 GB Support / Successor Model to Panasonic UJ-240
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2012 8:24 PM GMT