Profile for Rich > Reviews

Content by Rich
Top Reviewer Ranking: 844

Rich (Wellington, Somerset)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
PWR+ Perform Beetroot & Sour Cherry Juice Drink 330ml (Pack of 12)
PWR+ Perform Beetroot & Sour Cherry Juice Drink 330ml (Pack of 12)
Offered by Superfooduk

3.0 out of 5 stars A Question of Taste, 2 Sept. 2015
...and it really wasn't to mine. I managed about half of it, but couldn't drink any more. In that time I'm afraid I can't honestly say whether it was refreshing or not. If beetroot and sour cherry are tastes that you particularly enjoy, then this could be for you. I'm not a particularly fussy drinker, but this certainly wasn't for me.

Note: I acquired this item at no charge on the basis of providing an objective review.

Killer Joe [DVD]
Killer Joe [DVD]
Dvd ~ Emile Hirsch

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally Violent But Brilliant Filmmaking, 30 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Killer Joe [DVD] (DVD)
I don't especially enjoy violent films, particularly when it's simply gratuitous, but when it's done well, it can add to a film's impact. This film is just so well made. The script, acting, filmmaking are excellent. Matthew McConaughey's performance is superb, but then so is the rest of the cast. The humour is brilliantly done, without ever detracting from the menace and impact of the film. As I say, it's exceptionally violent, so not for all tastes, but it's also a brilliant film.

Garnier Ultimate Blends Colour Illuminator Conditioner 400 ml - Pack of 6
Garnier Ultimate Blends Colour Illuminator Conditioner 400 ml - Pack of 6

5.0 out of 5 stars For Smooth and Silky Hair with a Shine, 30 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a creamy, lightly fragranced conditioner that leaves a lovely finish. It is easy to apply and rinse-off, and hair feels smooth and silky afterward with a real shine.

Everest - Beyond The Limit [DVD]
Everest - Beyond The Limit [DVD]
Dvd ~ Everest
Offered by Champion Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and Dramatic, 30 Aug. 2015
I was quite surprised how good this series turned out to be. I'm often a little suspicious of these documentaries, and whether the drama and tension is real or staged. However, here it really is for real. The series illustrates just of tough and dangerous it is to climb Everest. Everyone here really suffers in their attempt to achieve their goal. This is a fascinating and dramatic series that I'd recommend to anyone with an interest in human endurance and determination.

PWR+ Recover Red Grape Pomegranate & Fruit Juice Drink 330ml (Pack of 12)
PWR+ Recover Red Grape Pomegranate & Fruit Juice Drink 330ml (Pack of 12)
Offered by Superfooduk

4.0 out of 5 stars Good In Theory, But Not Really To My Taste, 29 Aug. 2015
As an endurance cyclist, I normally use a protein powder type recovery drink, such as those from SIS or Maxi Nutrition. I'm convinced they have a positive effect on my performance. This is a very different type of product, but formulated for a similar purpose; to enable you to metabolise vital nutrients after exercise and so speed recovery. Obviously after one bottle I can't reasonably claim to have felt any benefit other than I normally get from my existing products, but having looked at the manufacturer's website, I'm happy to take their claims on trust. However, I can't overlook the issue of taste, and it really wasn't to mine. It's not particularly sweet, but it has a slightly bitter undercurrent that I didn't find very pleasant. The product also suggests it can be diluted 50/50, but in my experience these products are even less pleasant when diluted, and obviously there's more of the product to consume! I do wonder sometimes why these product manufacturers make so much of the low calorie/no added sugar aspect. After all that exercise, I'm fine with a few calories, especially if they make the product more palatable. Anyway, taste is obviously a very personal issue, and others might be fine with it, so this isn't intended to be a damning review by any means.

Garnier Ambre Solaire Ultimate Blends Shine Conditioner 400 ml - Pack of 6
Garnier Ambre Solaire Ultimate Blends Shine Conditioner 400 ml - Pack of 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Shiny Hair With A Fresh, Lemony Smell, 28 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely conditioner. It has a fresh citrus smell, but is not overpowering. It is creamy, easy to apply and rinse. Afterward hair is soft and shiny and has a very pleasant lemony smell.

InFusion Organic Cucumber and Juniper Drink 250Ml + Olive leaf (6Bottles)
InFusion Organic Cucumber and Juniper Drink 250Ml + Olive leaf (6Bottles)
Offered by OVIVO Wellness

4.0 out of 5 stars Subtle Flavoured Pleasant Drink, 28 Aug. 2015
The main selling point of this product is that it uses an olive leaf infusion. This is claimed to provide various health benefits. The product is also free of additives and has virtually no calories. Obviously after one bottle I can't reasonably claim to have felt any benefit, but I also felt just a little underwhelmed. I guess it's the lack of additives and sugar that is the problem for me; the taste is quite subtle, it's a bit like drinking very lightly flavoured water. I could get the cucumber, just, but not the juniper. Pleasant enough, but not sufficiently thirst quenching for me,

Electricity [DVD] [2015]
Electricity [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Agyness Deyn

5.0 out of 5 stars Strikingly Made and Affecting, 27 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Electricity [DVD] [2015] (DVD)
Not, perhaps, an easy film to like, but certainly this is a film to be very impressed by. The filmmaking is exemplary, full of arresting images. The director gets fantastic performances from his cast. The story is both moving and affecting, and provides an insight into the world of an epileptic that I suspect will be a new experience for most viewers. Recommended watching.

InFusion Organic Strawberry and Elderberry Drink 250Ml + Olive Leaf (2Bottles)
InFusion Organic Strawberry and Elderberry Drink 250Ml + Olive Leaf (2Bottles)
Offered by OVIVO Wellness

4.0 out of 5 stars Subtle Flavoured Pleasant Drink, 27 Aug. 2015
The main selling point of this product is that it uses an olive leaf infusion. This is claimed to provide various health benefits. The product is also free of additives and has virtually no calories. Obviously after one bottle I can't reasonably claim to have felt any benefit, but I also felt just a little underwhelmed. I guess it's the lack of additives and sugar that is the problem for me; the taste is quite subtle, it's a bit like drinking very lightly flavoured water. Having already tried the Lemon and Mint version, I preferred this flavour, but still feel it needs a little more bite.

Crock-Pot Slow Cooker, 3.5 Litre, Thyme
Crock-Pot Slow Cooker, 3.5 Litre, Thyme

5.0 out of 5 stars Ever Home Should Have One, 27 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using a slow cooker for years and love them, especially in the winter. For a little bit of effort in the morning, you can come home later in the day to a house that is filled with the smell of a lovely stew. Add a few dumplings and you've a fantastic meal. And it's so cheap too, both the running costs and the ingredients for a meal that you just can't beat.

This crock pot model, at 3.7l, is ideal for couples and small families. Although it doesn't have too many features, I don't think you need anything more. First off I think the green colour is very attractive. The unit has handles at the side (not all do), and the crock is removable for easy cleaning. There are three heat settings, which I think is quite sufficient; high to get it underway, low to leave it to cook for eight hours or so, and medium, perhaps to cook the dumplings before you serve. And that's all there is to it, other than a recipe book and some utensils. You can obviously do a lot more than just stews, and perhaps I should get a little more adventurous. Overall this is a very nice unit that every home should have.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20