Profile for GRC > Reviews

Content by GRC

GRC

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 11 May 2012
I bought it for an IT friend who thought it was hilarious! The quality of the tee shirt is fine and it's a good fit. Delivery was fast.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson's favourite, 13 Jan 2012
Without a doubt this is my grandson's favouite thomas train. He loves Charlie and cuddles it all the time and it always takes preferance over any other engine on the track. It says the trains are for 3 years plus but he has been playing with these engines since he was 12 months old, so they are very durable. Only problem he never turns them off so they eat up batteries. (I now use rechargable ones!) The engines are usable on their own, without the track, and run well even across carpeted rooms, which my grandson is quite happy to do, giggling as they race across the floor. This is particularly good, if you haven't got the time or room to set up the track. A great toy that he spends hours playing with.

Wedding Traditions and Customs Throughout The Centuries (English History and Rituals)
Price: 1.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Wedding Traditions Explained For Brides To Be, 10 Jan 2012
I bought this ebook as a christmas present for my son and future daughter-in-law who are currently in the process of arranging their wedding for later this year. They are set on having a traditional wedding and I thought this ebook may given them some incentives. I was not disappointed as they were very pleased with the book and said it explained why and where many of the old English wedding customs came from. An excellent purchase. And you certainly can't complain at the great price here on Kindle at only 1.53! Unfortunately I purchased elsewhere for double the price :-(

Paranormal Lancashire
Paranormal Lancashire
by Daniel Codd
Price: 9.10

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for those interested in the Paranormal, 9 Jan 2012
This review is from: Paranormal Lancashire (Paperback)
I have just finished reading this very enjoyable book about paranormal Lancashire.
Being from the county myself I was fascinated to read the supernatural stories about many areas that I am very familiar with such as, Rochdale, Burnley, Blackpool (where my grandparents came from) and of course Pendle. I was amazed by just how many stories there are connected with the region.
It is a well written, well researched book that explores all aspects of the paranormal - not just tales of `hauntings' but many other unexplained happenings such as UFO sightings and weather oddities. The book is peppered throughout with illustrative black and white photographs and drawings.
Daniel Codd's book is a fascinating compilation of all the best Lancashire folk-lore stories and much more, which I thoroughly enjoyed reading and would happily recommend to anyone interested in the paranormal world.

Barney - the Night Before Christmas [DVD] [Region 1] [NTSC]
Barney - the Night Before Christmas [DVD] [Region 1] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Barney
Offered by rsdvd
Price: 3.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Barney Xmas DVD, 6 Jan 2012
Of the three christmas Barney DVDs I bought the grandchildren they seem to like this one the best. Keeps them entertained, which is great.(Aged 3&4)

Cat Mate - 235W - 4 Way Locking Cat Flap/Door With Liner - White
Cat Mate - 235W - 4 Way Locking Cat Flap/Door With Liner - White
Offered by BuyAllMeans
Price: 17.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Enough, 6 Jan 2012
Good enough and does the job. Marked as four because I would have preferred that it was a little larger. Reasonable price and delivery was quick. Overall, as cat is happy with it, then I'm satisfied.

Thomas & Friends Trackmaster Spencer Motorised Engine
Thomas & Friends Trackmaster Spencer Motorised Engine
Offered by MARTIN UK
Price: 11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great addition., 6 Jan 2012
As with all the Thomas the Tank trackmaster engines my grandson loves this one just as much as the others. We bought this new one for christmas. It says they are for 3 years plus but he has been playing with these engines since he was 12 months old, so they are very durable. Only problem he never turns them off so they eat up batteries. (I now use rechargable ones!) The engines are quite powerful as they make it to the top of a very steep mountain ramp toy that my grandson has decided is just as good for trackmaster engines - as well as the cars it's really meant to take that run downhill! As with most of Amazon items the price (when I made this review) was very reasonable. The engines are usable on their own, without the track, and run well even across carpeted rooms, which my grandson is quite happy to do, giggling as he races them across the room and they crash into various pieces of furniture. This is particularly good, as the track can take up a lot of room and it's not always feasible when there are a number of people in the room. He spends hours with them - off and on the track.

Thomas & Friends Trackmaster Henry Motorised Engine
Thomas & Friends Trackmaster Henry Motorised Engine
Offered by J & L Toys
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the family, 6 Jan 2012
As with all the Thomas trackmaster engines my grandson loves this one just as much as the others. It says they are for 3 years plus but he has been playing with these engines since he was 12 months old, so they are very durable. Only problem he never turns them off so they eat up batteries. (I now use rechargable ones!) As with most of Amazon items the price (when I made this review) was very reasonable.

Mighty Bright MiniFlex Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (Black)
Mighty Bright MiniFlex Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (Black)
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light, 20 Aug 2011
Makes reading in bed and in dim light a doddle. Very useful and far better than the light my friend has that came part of the kindle cover/case he bought. And far cheaper! Great buy!