Profile for Linnyr > Reviews

Content by Linnyr

Linnyr

PERSONALISED PAPER HEN BIRTHDAY PARTY GIFT BAG ADD NAME, VENUE & DATE (BLACK)
PERSONALISED PAPER HEN BIRTHDAY PARTY GIFT BAG ADD NAME, VENUE & DATE (BLACK)

4.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, 14 Jan. 2014
I ordered these personalised bags for my best friend's hen party and was surprised at how quickly they were dispatched! each bag was printed with the design and had a sheet of coloured tissue paper inside and i even had some spare stickers to use to personalise other things! great service :)

Me Before You
Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Love This Book!, 2 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Me Before You (Paperback)
This book is based around the life of Lou who loses her job working in a bakery to find herself being a carer to a man called Will (after turning down the chance to be a stripper and a dreadful trial in a chicken factory).

After finding out more about Will's past and after spending time with him and his family, Lou makes it her personal mission to improve his quality of life whilst bringing laughter and a funky wardrobe with her. Lou tries to bring back elements of Will's life that were thought to be something of the past, while Will tries to open Lou up to experiencing more with her life while she has the chance.

This book had me laughing at some of the exchanges between Lou and Will and crying at the difficulty of the situation the two find themselves in. The connection that emerges between Lou and Will really pulls at your heart and makes you want to keep reading to find out what happens.

The book is mainly from Lou's point of view but there are a few chapters that are from the other character's points of view, Will, Will's Mum, Lou's sister, Will's nurse and Will's Dad. These are placed brilliantly in the book and pull you furher into the story.

The ending had me in tears (luckily I wasn't on the tube!) and I would definitely recommend this book to anyone.

The Baby Laundry for Unmarried Mothers
The Baby Laundry for Unmarried Mothers
by Angela Patrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Story, 2 Jun. 2012
I actually bought this book as it was recommended with another purchase and I was intrigued to find out more.

The book is based around a young woman's struggles when she falls pregnant and realises her only option is to keep the pregnancy a secret by attending a convent and have the baby adopted.

This book had me hooked and I really felt for the author for the horrors she had to go through. It really makes you think about all the things that we take for granted now and how it was such a different world back then.

This book is definitely worth a read both for the insight into life in the 60s for young women and also for the author's story.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2012 10:36 PM GMT

One Perfect Summer
One Perfect Summer
by Paige Toon

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, 2 Jun. 2012
This review is from: One Perfect Summer (Paperback)
I have been hooked on Paige Toon's books from the beginning and knew as soon as this book was released that I would have to read it (and then discuss with my friends who are fans too)!

The book doesn't disappoint! The love story of Joe and Alice gets you hooked straight away and how Alice tries to cope following their separation really keeps you reading and tugs at your heart.

I love the different relationships within the book, Joe and Alice, Alice and Jessie, which is something Paige Toon does really well, weaving new people into the lives of the main characters to show their different sides.

The ending was a little bit predictable but is the only outcome you can think of when nearing the end of the book.

I have already leant my copy to a friend so she can take it on holiday and we will no doubt be chatting about it when she's back!

Shiver: New Orleans series, book 3 (New Orleans thrillers)
Shiver: New Orleans series, book 3 (New Orleans thrillers)
by Lisa Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 6 May 2011
I loved this book, I was totally gripped by the story line! My sister introduced me to Lisa Jackson books and as a result I ordered this one after reading the storyline and have since ordered others by the same author.
I love thrillers and suspense books and this one was definitely one I would read again!

The C-Word
The C-Word
by Lisa Lynch

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Book!!!, 6 May 2011
This review is from: The C-Word (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book, I saw a recommendation in a magazine and decided to give it a try and was definitely glad that I did!
Lisa is brutally honest about her experience and her writing is so compelling I couldn't wait to read it on the train each day!
Lisa's way of writing meant that I was crying and laughing constantly (had a few funny looks from other passengers!) and I would definitely recommend this book to others and hope that Lisa writes another book soon!