Profile for Mary Nash > Reviews

Content by Mary Nash

Mary Nash

Vivid Arts Sitting Red Squirrel Resin Ornament
Vivid Arts Sitting Red Squirrel Resin Ornament

5.0 out of 5 stars We're so pleased with this squirrel ornament - it's far superior to ..., 1 Sep 2014
We're so pleased with this squirrel ornament - it's far superior to any of the ones we've seen at our local garden centres, and it's exceptionally well painted without any white unpainted areas. We couldn't be happier !

A Book of Desert Poems
A Book of Desert Poems
by Emily Nash

5.0 out of 5 stars "Top Marks" for this super book of poems., 18 July 2014
This review is from: A Book of Desert Poems (Paperback)
A lovely selection of poems, some are thought provoking (touching on a wide range of subjects and emotions) while others brought a smile to my face with their sensitive and witty observations, in particular "Geeky Indecision" and "Adulterous Addiction".
Each poem is accompanied by charming illustrations, which I'm guessing are by the poet herself.
A great book.
( I'm not a relation despite having the same surname ! )

Krühlstein® sugarcraft clay sculpting cake, pastry decorator gun - 19 design discs
Offered by Kruhlstein

1.0 out of 5 stars I would not recommend., 19 Jun 2014
I had not intended to leave a review as I prefer to leave positive ones. However, as the seller has requested feedback here goes :-
Seeing this item was described as being made by Sculpey I thought it would be a higher quality than other similar looking ones sold on Amazon, it was certainly considerably more expensive.
When it arrived the extruder gun and discs were in a cheap crumpled plastic "case", no box or instructions and there was no indication whatsoever it was made by Sculpey.
The quality was disappointing, some of the discs had not been cut out and consequently were not usable.
I contacted the seller who replied quickly saying as he lived abroad it didn't make financial sense to return it and offered a refund of 25%, the total cost was £16.38 and £3.42 was refunded, so in my opinion an expensive mistake for something that will remain in the drawer.

Bassetti The Original Hard Liquorice Sticks (box of 75)
Bassetti The Original Hard Liquorice Sticks (box of 75)
Offered by Tangerine Confectionery

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories of childhood, 17 April 2014
The whole family love these liquorice sticks - my husband and I remember having them as children.
If you keep an eye on your weight these aren't too "naughty" at around 57 calories a stick !

Simpkins Pure Licorice Sticks 1 Kg
Simpkins Pure Licorice Sticks 1 Kg

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't be buying these again ......, 17 April 2014
We're fans of liquorice and usually buy Bassetti Hard Liquorice Sticks but decided to give these Simpkins Sticks a try.
Of course it's all down to personal taste - these are definitely hard ( brittle ) but with a taste that's almost bitter and unfortunately none of us like them so quite an expensive mistake to have made - back to Bassetti from now on !

The Book Thief
The Book Thief
by Markus Zusak
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, 17 April 2014
This review is from: The Book Thief (Audio CD)
It's a wonderful storyline and we've enjoyed listening to it on car journeys.
With some audio books the narrator's "style" can detract from the story but this is read beautifully and in a way that's easy and thoroughly enjoyable - Top Marks.

Anker® 7200mAh Extended Battery Combo for Samsung Galaxy S3, S III, GT-I9300 - TPU back cover included [18-Month Warranty]
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Marks, 17 April 2014
I decided to choose this battery as the original one for my Galaxy S3 was becoming less efficient and not holding its charge so I needed to re-charge during the day which was inconvenient.
I read as many reviews as possible and decided to try the Anker 7200mAh, I've had it a month and so far the results have been excellent - by the end of an average day the battery still has at least 70% charge left which is great.
The only compromise is that it's slightly heavier and bulkier than the standard battery which means you need to use the replacement glossy black back ( which is supplied ), a shame because I had a personalized back for my S3 which I rather liked. Reviews have mentioned if you try to use your original back it puts pressure on the screen and there's a chance this will crack so it's probably not worth the risk and a small price to pay.
The upside is knowing the phone won't run out of power even on the busiest of days.

The Perfect Afternoon Tea Recipe Book: More than 160 classic recipes for sandwiches,
by Antony Wild

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the bunch, 4 April 2013
Having collected a number of Afternoon Tea books over the years I really have to say this is by far my favourite with a good mix of traditional and contemporary ideas, each recipe has a beautifully shot photo which is always helpful. It's simply a brilliant book.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly realistic, 20 Feb 2013
This hanging basket is larger than we expected, which was a nice surprise. It arrived well packaged and the impact it makes is impressive. This will be fantastic over the summer as last year our hanging baskets needed watering twice a day - admittedly the initial expense is quite an outlay but now we can sit back and enjoy a trouble free and really gorgeous splash of colour.