ARRAY(0xae9f11ec)

Schwalbe 26X1-1.5 Tube Schrader AV12A - Black
Schwalbe 26X1-1.5 Tube Schrader AV12A - Black
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality tube, 16 Feb 2013
Schwalbe is synonym for quality.

I bought this inner tube to fit in my 26x1.3 Continental Sport Contact rear tyre. They make a good team!

The valve is metallic with a ring so it won't go inside when fitting a pump.

It is possible to remove the inner part of the valve, in case you need to replace it (requires a proper tool). There are some tubes where this is not possible.

I did a few hundred km's with it and had no punctures. Unfortunately I couldn't ride with it for longer because I had an accident and had to replace the whole wheel.

JULBO RACE SPEED SUNGLASSES (ZEBRA BLACK)
JULBO RACE SPEED SUNGLASSES (ZEBRA BLACK)
Offered by GM Suppliers
Price: 86.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb multi purpose glasses for a good price, 16 Feb 2013
These glasses fit their description perfectly.

I used them in my bike commute in day and night. The lens will adapt to the light conditions (they are polychromatic), so you can use them in low light when you still need eye protection (e.g., from wind and rain).

They are sturdy yet light weight. The grips work really well, the package includes a neck strap but you won't even need them, as the grips hold the glasses so well.

The lenses are top quality, they are really durable. I let the glasses fall of into the road while riding (I'd forgotten I folded them around the handlebar), and when I noticed it I went back to look for them: I found them in the middle of the road and a car had crush them... the frame broke in pieces, but the lenses were intact. That got to mean something! I'm thinking about buying them again (or other similar model).

I bought these glasses not only because they have all the features I wanted (lightweight, polychromatic and polarized lenses, good venting) but also because they look discrete enough (the huge majority of bike glasses show off too much, if you know what I mean).

They also come with a really nice and sturdy box.

Recommended!

Slime 10015HT 237ml Inner Tube Sealant
Slime 10015HT 237ml Inner Tube Sealant
Price: 8.03

4.0 out of 5 stars It seems to work, but..., 16 Feb 2013
It seems to work, but don't forget that there is no free lunch: just because you're using this, it doesn't mean you won't get a flat.

I've put slime in one of my bikes more than one year ago. Meanwhile I think I've put around 2000 km on it. Since I've installed the slime sealant to prevent flats, it's hard to get the notion of whether it is working or not, because you don't actually see the flat (unless you take of the tube and look for already sealed punctures, which I didn't).

My front tyre is still running with slime on it, and I had not a single flat since I've installed it. My rear tyre got a puncture after 800 km where the sealant didn't work out. The puncture had a diameter between 1 and 2 mm. The bad thing is, that puncture would be repairable with a traditional repair kit, but because slime was always getting out of it, I couldn't get to repair it, the glue wouldn't properly attach to the tube... perhaps it was my fault, but I tried 3 times with no avail. I replaced the tube and since then I had no flats either. So it is hard to say if it really works, but I believe it does, at least for small punctures. Just for the record, these tires are 26" Continental Sport Contact.

It is really easy to install, just follow the supplied instructions, you have there everything you need.

Important: when pumping your tires, don't forget to turn the wheel so the valve is on the top side of it. That will prevent the sealant to come out and get stuck (dry) in your valve. I had to replace the inside of a valve (schrader) because I forgot about this...

Onguard Pitbull Shackle Lock 115mm x 230mm Including Cable
Onguard Pitbull Shackle Lock 115mm x 230mm Including Cable
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd
Price: 30.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good lock, good price, 16 Feb 2013
This lock has a huge ratio quality/price.

I have been using it for more than one year in a city where bike theft is an everyday problem, however my bike was never tempted even when left locked outside overnight. Just don't forget to lock it properly: use the shackle to lock your rear wheel and frame to a solid post, and the cable to secure your front wheel.

If you're like me and are wondering how to use the integrated dust cover, well, yes it is there, it is that silver metallic cylinder where you put the key on. It might seem obvious, but I just found out that a few weeks ago, after 1 year of daily usage. I tried to rotate it before but to no avail, so I just thought my lock was a version without the dust cover (which actually exists). You're having some trouble rotating it, just keep giving it a try, spray lube it to help.

Also, it is important to keep the lock lubed in order to prevent oxidation. I leave mine outside for all day long, even when it is raining a lot, so I use a spray lube which is water repellent (e.g., chain lube). Spray a little bit in the keyhole and in the 'bar hole', rotate the key a few times and you'd be fine.

I can't comment on the lock holder as I haven't used it (no space for it in my frame), I usually carry it in my panniers.

I have recommended this lock (and smaller versions) to my friends and they also never had any trouble with their bikes being tempted.

If you're concerned about your bike security, combine this great lock with other kind of lock (e.g., chain), having different types of locks makes it harder for thieves, as they'll need different set of tools to steal your bike.

Aero Sport ReflectaClip 3M Scotchlite Reflective Spoke Clips Conforms to BS and TUV Standards (18 Pieces) - Silver
Offered by Sports4ever
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great side visibility, 27 Mar 2012
These reflective clips are just good in what they should do. I'd say they're better than those traditional orange clips. I usually cycle at night and in some roads there are no illumination. With these fitted in my bike I'm sure I'm improving my visibility from both sides, which is very important when you are in a road with no illumination and come to a crossroad. But of course, don't forget the front and rear lights.

This package includes 18 clips. I put 9 evenly spaced in each wheel, which, in my opinion, is already very good. Each wheel has all clips in the same side (front wheel - left side spokes; real wheel - right side spokes -- or the other way around, it's your choice).

As already stated in other review, it is very important to clean them often (specially when raining) because they'll get dirty easily. If you let them dirty for some time, it will be difficult to clean them and that will lead you to rub them harder and scratch the reflective layer.

As a side note, there are some countries Highway Code which still don't recognize these clips as a possibility to side reflectors.

Be-Active Bike Repair Kit - complete cycle maintenance kit in a strap-on pouch!
Be-Active Bike Repair Kit - complete cycle maintenance kit in a strap-on pouch!
Offered by Be-Active
Price: 14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Its brand is just on the sticker, 16 Oct 2011
I agree pretty much with all other 4 and 5 stars reviews.

I just want to add that this item is a generic item made in China. Be-Active bought it and put a sticker on the box. However, it's not cheaply made as many other things made in China. If you look around, you may find an identical item with no brand (or maybe another different) but like >30% cheaper, like I did.

Cateye Bike Bell OH-1100, Black
Cateye Bike Bell OH-1100, Black
Price: 10.44

5.0 out of 5 stars It works like it is supposed to, 16 Oct 2011
Remember this is just a bell. The good thing, is that it works perfectly doing what it is supposed to do.

I agree with the other member which says it isn't the loudest bell, but it really is enough without being annoying (it sounds like PLIIIIIIING :P). It catches people's attention easily.

And being just a bell, it has a few bonuses. It's small, well designed and looks pretty much durable. It's easily detached but it won't fall while attached. Just don't forget to remove it if you leave your bike unattended. Its mounting system is also very good, you can put it anywhere. It's not on the picture, but it comes with a small rubber strap to install between the mount and your handlebar. This will prevent the bell from rotating, it will be really secured to the handlebar!

Maybe you can find cheaper bells, but I think this one has a good price for its quality. You won't regret buying it.

Onguard Rotweiler Armoured Lock 100 cm X 20 mm
Onguard Rotweiler Armoured Lock 100 cm X 20 mm
Offered by Cycle Sports UK
Price: 14.04

1.0 out of 5 stars looks very sturdy but... no really security, 4 Oct 2011
This lock looks really sturdy and durable. The previous review already describes its pros, but not the cons.

Remember this is a cable lock. It looks strong because it has an armoured casing. The problem is that the armoured links have too much movement, which allows the jaws of a bolt cropper to fit in a gap, so it is so secure as any other cable lock (7 mm thick).

I would not recommend this lock to secure your bike. It might be fine as a second lock (e.g., for a wheel), but in that case it is too heavy and expensive.

PS: my review is based on my experience with this lock and on the review by bikeradar.

Veloset VS-2131 10 Function Computer Wired Cycle Bike Bicycle Speedo
Veloset VS-2131 10 Function Computer Wired Cycle Bike Bicycle Speedo
Offered by UKET
Price: 8.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap quality cycle computer, 4 Oct 2011
I bought this device as a replacement for my old Sigma BC-400 (which has more than one decade and is still working). I was looking for a nice relationship between price and quality. I failed.

I don't know about other Veloset bike computers, but this one is really cheap made. Every single piece of plastic looks cheap and weak. Buttons came with that kind of grease usual in poorly constructed items, I mean, like those electronics one can buy at a random chinese shop. If I wanted to buy a cheap chinese computer, I will do so, but by a third of the price. If you really want all this features and don't care that much about the quality and durability, you can easily find them altogether from other online markets, but not for this price.

The package is nice and adequate for a top UK brand, but its content is definitely not worth the money.

To finish, I received it in an opened box and with the battery already adjusted into its working position.

This is not what you're looking for. Keep searching.