Profile for Pypefish > Reviews

SunnCamp Platinum 20ltr Solar Shower with Storage Pockets - Black
SunnCamp Platinum 20ltr Solar Shower with Storage Pockets - Black
Offered by Springfield Camping Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Shower solar power, 30 Aug 2012
Needs a fair bit of warm sun to warm the water and a hefty branch to hang it on (with all that water inside it's heavy). Comes with a plastic tube, rope and hook to aid hanging. Get yourself ready beforehand; despite the flow of water being a bit soft, but then what do you expect with gravity feed(?!), it does run out quickly. It took quite a while to warm up in strong sunshine, but stayed warm for quite a while after the sun went down. Overall, I'm happy with the product, certainly beats no shower at all, or having to wash in a stream!

Trangia Non-Stick Frypan For Trangia 27 Set
Trangia Non-Stick Frypan For Trangia 27 Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Frying pan, 30 Aug 2012
Usual trangia quality, which is good, and appears to be durable. With any non-stick product, it'll need some care, but trangia supply a little plastic disc which will help longevity. I also use the trangia multidisc in my cooker set and I'd recommend use of this too to further protect the non-stick. It's replaced my old aluminium one which had a tendency to stick nearly anything (even water had I not been watching it carefully), so has to be an improvement surely! If it looks like wearing out too soon, I'll re-post but happy so far.

Cooker Bag for Trangia 27 Cooker
Cooker Bag for Trangia 27 Cooker
Offered by Cave & Crag Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars it's a bag, 30 Aug 2012
It arrived nice and early. It was a trangia bag with a trangia logo which I didn't really need, but it does look good! Well made. Amazingly, after a trial my trangia fitted inside it and the drawstring kept it nice and snug. Groovy red-orange colour, durable fabric. I bet if was feeling really crazy I could take out my trangia and keep something else in the bag. I dunno, maybe marbles, or some uncooked rice or some leaves or something. But then I'd have to buy another one for the cooker...
Oh yes, back to the review. Overall, I like it.

Trangia 1L Inner Hardanodised Saucepan (Graded) For Trangia 27
Trangia 1L Inner Hardanodised Saucepan (Graded) For Trangia 27

4.0 out of 5 stars it's a pan, 30 Aug 2012
So far this is ticking all the boxes. It's a pan. It fits inside my current trangia set. It has a trangia logo so you know you get what you pay for. As it's a 'new' range, it appears well made and I can't tell the difference between the weight of my old aluminium one (finally ditched after more than 20 years) and this. If this lasts as long as the one it's replaced, I'll be happy. Not tested the supposed increased non-stickability yet, but certainly looks better than the old light grey sets.

Brasher Fellmaster GTX Ladies Walking Boots Brown 8 UK UK
Brasher Fellmaster GTX Ladies Walking Boots Brown 8 UK UK
Offered by Sports Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent boots, 30 Aug 2012
As with most Brasher products, a well made and solidly crafted boot. Suitably robust, it took a while for me to break the boot in (whilst painful at the time is usually a good sign of a hard wearing product). Soles and stitching appear sound and I have already tested in usual summer conditions (i.e. wet) and no sign of leaks or wicking. They also look good and not too clunky and I've got away with wearing with jeans too.

6 Piece Fine Boxwood Clay Modelling Tool Set
6 Piece Fine Boxwood Clay Modelling Tool Set
Offered by Special Effects Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tools, 30 Aug 2012
Well made tools, appeared just as I would expect them to be. If you do pottery/crafting, you'll know what to expect before itg arrives! Quality of wood appears good and well packaged.

Bon Fire Coffee/ Tea Pot
Bon Fire Coffee/ Tea Pot
Offered by WAYACO HAMACS

3.0 out of 5 stars generally good, 30 Aug 2012
Love the kettle itself, looks super and the finish is superb (appears to be pretty durable enamel coating).
Not so sure on the plastic handle (errm, sells itself as a wood fire kettle?) and the little loop on the top doesn't appear to be lifelong hardwearing (although to be fair I'm not reviewing after lifelong service!). I'm yet be wholly convinced on functionality, especially for the price but like I said, looks wise, super.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2014 10:29 AM BST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars good stuff, 30 Aug 2012
Used this on a summer jacket I have recently bought and this spray has made it shower proof. I know because I've since tested it in summer because it's rained all summer...The spray just did the jacket (size large) with one coat. There was a slight odour of spray left on the jacket for a couple of weeks but has since worn off. Happy with the results so far.

Vaello Campos Paella Pan Open Real Fire Tripod / Stand - 30Cm
Vaello Campos Paella Pan Open Real Fire Tripod / Stand - 30Cm
Offered by Paelleros Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says and great, 24 May 2012
Used this a couple of times now. Good little product for wood fires. Very happy with it, and welding joints appear sound.

Sennheiser HD 202 Closed Back On-Ear Stereo Headphone
Sennheiser HD 202 Closed Back On-Ear Stereo Headphone

4.0 out of 5 stars HD 202 Headphones, 17 May 2012
Very good sound quality, not too bassy with a comfy fit. Plenty of lead too, and a handy lead spooler, so works well in the office meaning I can move about at my desk. Also blocks out well any background ambient noise around you. I thought for the price, a great no frills product. I'm really happy with 'em!