Profile for G. Lawe > Reviews

Content by G. Lawe

G. Lawe (UK)

by Deborah White

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 2 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Wickedness (Paperback)
Such a gripping story line, loved the dual narrative and the way it flicked back and forth from modern day London to London in the 17th century. Plus there is a seriously creepy (but kinda hot!) baddie. Aimed mostly at the teenage market, I can really see girls who like Twilight getting hooked on Wickedness (then again I'm 31 and I loved it!). Highly recommended.

If I Stay
If I Stay
by Gayle Forman

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow and wow!, 12 Jun. 2009
This review is from: If I Stay (Hardcover)
What can I say? This is an amazing book. Powerful, raw, funny, uplifting, romantic, thought-inspiring. One of those books you think about for weeks after you have finished reading it. I highly recommend it.

The Immortals
The Immortals
by Chris Riddell

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 16 Feb. 2009
This review is from: The Immortals (Hardcover)
The Immortals is the final instalment in the Edge Chronicles, but it can be read as a stand alone book too. It's epic, packed with adventure, I love the creatures and monsters in it. Some bits are really tense and dark, and then there are moments are real humour to keep the reader guessing. The illustrations match the text perfectly and bring the world of the Edge to life. I love the way nothing is black and white in the story, there are real moral dilemmas which the characters must face and it gets you thinking about what you would do as the reader. I really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it!!!

The Eyes of a King
The Eyes of a King
by Catherine Banner

5.0 out of 5 stars A cracking good read, 11 Jun. 2008
This review is from: The Eyes of a King (Paperback)
Fantastic setting, Malonia is a threatening and dark place that is brilliantly imagined. The characterisation is first rate - a main character you really care about, well-rounded, complex. This is book where nothing is black and white, but shades of grey and really gets the reader thinking. Packed with action and emotion, I highly recommend it for readers of any age!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2008 12:10 AM BST