Profile for Richard > Reviews

Content by Richard

Richard

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £10  (Christmas Tree Lights)
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £10 (Christmas Tree Lights)

5.0 out of 5 stars Being a mindless man, who does not want to think hard, this was PERFECT, 24 Jan. 2014
This was a secret santa gift, the budget was £10, so this fitted perfectly. I didn't have to think at all. I just put in £10 and press buy. It turned up in a Christmas card, so didn't even need to wrap it. Awesome.

Greedy Girl's Diet: Eat yourself slim with gorgeous, guilt-free food
Greedy Girl's Diet: Eat yourself slim with gorgeous, guilt-free food
by Nadia Sawalha

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my Mother in-law., 24 Jan. 2014
She is fat, so I thought this would be a good purchase for her. She does like eating, so this could help her.

Byron Elro ES94 GLS / 23W ES 4-Panel Wall Lantern with PIR Motion Detector Black,100w

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, works well, can bead it for price., 24 Jan. 2014
I am a "mild" DIY'er, so have a good foundation of most things.

It looked good, its feel solid, and it is only £11!

Some people say that it was hard to configure/instructions are bad? I have no idea why that is, the instruction were simple, but effective. You have 3 wires, you connected them in the junction box, Live(Red/Brown), Earth(Green&white), and Neutral(Blue). Job done. There is the option for an override for the PIR, you put the live in that one instead, and then it become on or off if you have power to it. Simples.

I used the PIR option, and too about 5 mins to do. I installed it in the evening so it was dark already (This helps when installing PIR devices)

Very happy with it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2014 4:38 PM BST

Samsung Extended Battery and Cover for Galaxy S II - Black
Samsung Extended Battery and Cover for Galaxy S II - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars SG2 Extended Battery, 2 April 2012
Yep, the battery, works! The cover fits.

So, does it make a difference? Oh yes. I now have a phone that can be used all day! I am a heavy business user, and I loved the GS2, but was always so worried about the battery giving up on me. It is a "mobile" device after all. Having to make sure I had a charger all the time was frankly a pain, and that was only thing that annoyed me about the gs2.

Now, its lasting all day, and into the night! So rather than having to charge it mid through the day and then over night. It now goes to bed when I do!

So, does it make it look bigger? Not really. There is a difference, but if you don't use a cover then its not that noticable. However real world... This phone ain't cheep, so you are going to protect your investment. So when you get a new cover for it, it WILL look larger. However for me this is not a problem. I want the funtionality and the battery time. (I used the SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 Case Neo Hybrid Series Black)

Hope that helps.

PS3 Eagle Eye Mouse and Keyboard Converter
PS3 Eagle Eye Mouse and Keyboard Converter
Offered by Eagle Eye Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, does take time to set up, and you may need another purchase, 8 Mar. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The Eagle eye does exactly what it says it does. So far off all the frag devices I have used, this is by far the best.

I have only used it with COD Black ops on a PS3 so far, however it works great.

I have been playing with a "Controller" for over 10years, I was reasonably good, but was looking for an edge. So, when I first got the Eagle Eye I thought, "yep its going to take a while to get used too", and was prepared for my kill ratio to drop dramatically. However day 1, hr 1, 1st online game, I was still managing to get a good kill ratio!! Amazing.

With this product though its not just a "Plug and Play" It take some effort from you too tweak it to be right for you, however the forum is awesome, full of tips and advise and even keymapping so you can use other people's and custom the to you. The actual setup is very easy and fast. For instance I can have the device in the PS3 and playing, then decided to change a setting on the EEC, and it takes less than 1 min to pop it out of the PS3, into the PC, and then change the settings, and pop it back into the PS3 and I am playing again all tweaked!

Also, IF you do not have a "Gaming Mouse" it will be VERY jerky, HINT: Standard mouse has around 800DPI, you are going to need 1600 DPI as a MIN. You can pick mice up for £9.99 in store that do this sort of DPI. You can also spend £££ on mice that have 4000+ DPI. If you have one already, you ok.

The final note, its now been around 1 week, and I have been playing for about 4-5hrs total play time, and I am still adjusting it to get it perfect! So BE PREPAIRED to invest the time into it to get it the way you want it.

Over all it is VERY good.

I hope this helps!

Cheers

R

ALSO, I noticed a reviewer said you can only configure 2 mouse buttons, this is incorrect, you can only do 3! :) Shoot, Aim, Melee! What else do you need!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2011 8:55 PM BST