Profile for SJC22 > Reviews

Content by SJC22

SJC22

Teaching Secondary Physics 2nd Edition (Ase Science Practice)
Teaching Secondary Physics 2nd Edition (Ase Science Practice)
by David Sang
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 18 July 2012
I am starting teacher training this year and decided to buy this book to help me prepare lessons. It is brilliant. It covers the majority of the syllabus, makes note of misconceptions and typical errors, lists the students previous knowledge, gives a wide range of practical activities and useful teaching aids, provides a teaching structure, and is relevantly concise. I have been working with the book for the first half of it, and am now prepared to purchase the Biology and Chemistry books that are also available. I would highly recommend (note I am training as a Physics teacher).

Helly Hansen Rider Vest Buoyancy Aid
Helly Hansen Rider Vest Buoyancy Aid
Price: 23.50 - 44.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 22 May 2012
Light weight, comfortable, and may one day save your life. Bargain. Also, the size for my weight category was correct.

Northcore Double soft roofracks
Northcore Double soft roofracks
Offered by SurfSurfSurf North Devon
Price: 44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 22 May 2012
I bought this this for my kayak. It functions perfectly. Very secure. Within 10 mins you can easily set the roof rack up for the first time. After that it is very easy and quick. After my first travel with the kayak on the roof, I noticed some scratches where the kayak had rubbed against the roof between the two sets of pads. On my return journey I simply laid down a towel between the pads, problem solved! Such a better option to a highly expensive permanent roof-rack. Also the bag it comes with allows you to fold away the roof-rack very simply and store it neatly in your boot!

Powerbar 2 No assembly Folds to just 30mm With New Design door frame protectors
Powerbar 2 No assembly Folds to just 30mm With New Design door frame protectors
Offered by RJH Product Development
Price: 24.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, best on market, 11 Jan 2012
I browsed long and hard for a decent one as pull ups are one of my favourite exercises. I did have a compression one but wanted to upgrade. So I saw these funky ones that don't require any fixings i.e. the and the iron gym (amongst others). This products unique selling point over others of this type is that it gives you extra height off the ground. This is a massive plus. Not only this, but because the bar is positioned away from the doorway you can fully extend over the bar. These two combined mean that pull ups can be completed correctly from a dead hang position up through to the chin comfortably over the bar. The bar requires no assembly or fixings which mean it can be flat packed instantly, stored, or used on other door frames easily. This makes this product awesome.

However there are some negatives to point out, regardless I have still given this product a top review because it is the best on the market. There are no grips, which is absolutely fine until your palms get a bit moist, then you end up clinging on with your fingertips so some gloves may be a good investment. Some of the fine touches around the arms look a bit shabby where they rotate from the support stems, so I hope this will not hinder the product over time through frequent rotation.

Furthermore, there has been no damage caused to the door frame. For what its worth, I am 72kg and 6 foot. I would strongly recommend this product. The price may be steeper than others i.e. the iron gym, but this is far superior.

York Interlocking Floor Guard
York Interlocking Floor Guard
Price: 14.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Jan 2012
I wasn't sure what to purchase so I browsed quite a large array of items. I went for this due to the price and the perceived good quality. This is an outstanding item, exactly what I could have wished for. As a result I am immediately ordering another batch to extend the area. This was purchased to absorb the impact when I lowered weights onto my floor in order to reduce vibration of the floor and thus causing damage. It does this job perfectly. As an added bonus, and something I didn't expect, the material is soft enough to perform the likes of sit ups on - this is despite the material being very dense and robust. Look no further.

Believe Beads  1 x Solid Sterling Silver, Rabbit Charm Bead, Will fit pandora, Troll Chamilia style charm bracelets.
Believe Beads 1 x Solid Sterling Silver, Rabbit Charm Bead, Will fit pandora, Troll Chamilia style charm bracelets.
Offered by Believe Beads & Crafts
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy days, 10 Jan 2012
Received promptly and as expected. It would appear to be good quality (only time will tell). No complaints and the miss' was more than happy. The hole in the charm is quite large (in comparison to the others she has) so you can expect this to fit your charm bracelet. Thus, I am happy to recommend.

Yours Truly
Yours Truly
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 6.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, just different, 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: Yours Truly (Audio CD)
It must not be expected that this will sound like Sublime - it's Sublime with Rome. This is a great band in their own right. In my opinion this album is more consistent than Sublimes, you can decide whether this is good or bad. There are a few dud songs in my view, but some crackers too. The album isn't amazing, because across the board it isn't strong enough, but it still is a great album that I love. Thoroughly pleased.