Profile for fluffy lady > Reviews

You Made Me Late Again!: My New Collection
by Pam Ayres
Price: 9.00

4.0 out of 5 stars little disappointed., 15 May 2014
I must admit that I was a 'little' disappointed in Pam's latest book. Hard backed, it is a little dull looking and not that inviting; it could have had a colourful sleeve on it, like the one illustrated??? Her poems seem to have lost a little of what would have once me in stitches. Having said that, it's not that bad and I refer to it often.

Catsan Hygiene Litter 20ltr 10200g
Catsan Hygiene Litter 20ltr 10200g
Offered by Pet Connection
Price: 15.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased indeed., 11 Mar 2014
I have tried many different sorts of cat litter from the very cheep to the most expensive, but I will stick to Catsan because it does the job beautifully.

Farewell To The East End: The Last Days of the East End Midwives (Call The Midwife Book 3)
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read., 23 Feb 2014
I am really enjoying reading this book. Great nostalgia, and having grown up in the 40s and 50s I feel I am back in those times. It's good to leave the modern age and go back to the simpler times in life. Though modern technology has done a lot for the labouring woman, they seemed to have done very well in the 40s 50s, and in the 60s when I had my daughter. It was much more of a 'nature' thing then and less of the clinical. Thank you, it definitely earns a 5 star merit.

Clean "N" Tidy Comfy Cat Loo Litter Tray
Clean "N" Tidy Comfy Cat Loo Litter Tray
Offered by TheBigShip
Price: 17.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good buy., 4 Jan 2014
I love this litter tray. I introduced my two cats to it gradually; first using just the tray and leaving the roof for them to 'discover' separately. After a week, I connected the roof without the door. One week later the door went on and I left it to them. The only two minus's I would have to say, is the lid/roof was a little difficult for me to click secure to the base, but with a bit of wear it is now fine. The other minus is that when the get enthusiastic in their covering up, that a couple of times the whole thing has rolled on it's side, (no problem though, with the roof on it's well contained). That said, it's lovely and deep, shaped internally for ease of emptying, and I'm delighted with how well it looks in our bathroom where it is situated.

Catit/ Dogit Voyageur Cat/ Dog MacMillan Ribbon Carrier, Small, 48.3x32.6x28cm, Pink
Offered by PAW PRINTS PET PRODUCTS
Price: 19.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little carrier., 5 Dec 2013
I chose a four star rating as it was smaller than the picture looked, but seems to be a good little carrier. I have had to buy a second carrier as it's too small for my two cats to go in together. I can't fault the product thus far, though to be fair I have only used it twice.

Silentnight Anti Allergy Pair of Pillow Protectors 46cm x 75cm
Silentnight Anti Allergy Pair of Pillow Protectors 46cm x 75cm
Offered by Iguana Colourz
Price: 11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a smell., 23 Oct 2013
I had previously purchased feather pillows from another manufacturer and was dissatisfied due to a strong smell that I couldn't seem to get rid of. I thought that as these were from 'Silent night' and anti allergy they would be odour free. I was disappointed to discover they too have an odour, though not as pungent as my previous ones. Maybe this is what you get with feather?
For comfort I would recommend but I would say, "If you don't mind a slightly 'niffy' bed fellow then buy feather, but if you're sensitive in the nasal region go for man-made fibre."

Draper 02473 1-LED Key Ring Torches (Pack of 2)
Draper 02473 1-LED Key Ring Torches (Pack of 2)
Price: 7.25

3.0 out of 5 stars One of two didn't work, 23 Oct 2013
I thought this was a good buy as I had brought key ring torches in the past and they were useful. However, although one of the pack of two was working, the other one wasn't. I made contact and was told I would be reimbursed and to discard the faulty one.
Ten out of ten to Amazon for their prompt action.
Would I recommend this product? Probably as I may just have had a random dud, or it could have been damaged in transit.

Two Minutes: An Harrowing Hospital Tale Beyond Belief
Two Minutes: An Harrowing Hospital Tale Beyond Belief
Price: 1.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't quite get in to it., 14 Sep 2013
This was a good book and I enjoyed reading it. It was an interesting journey through Paul's health situation and I am glad that I purchased it. Whether or not I would wish to read it again at some later date? I'm not sure, but I am glad to have 'met' him on his personal journey.

The Best Medicine: The True Story of a Nurse who became a Doctor in the 1950s
The Best Medicine: The True Story of a Nurse who became a Doctor in the 1950s
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading., 14 Sep 2013
I have been reading this book for about 3 weeks now, as I only have time to read at breakfast. What an author Georgie is, she takes the reader right in to her world and carries them with her. I almost feel as if I know her personally and have travelled with her through her school days, interviews, exam nerves and mother-hood. A wonderful read to start the day.

Lifemax 250.1 Floor Standing High Vision Reading Light
Lifemax 250.1 Floor Standing High Vision Reading Light
Offered by 365-home-zone
Price: 35.49

5.0 out of 5 stars It's just what I needed., 14 Sep 2013
I pondered about buying this light as they have always seemed to me to be a luxury. However, having used it now for a few weeks I realise that it's a necessity. Being in the older age bracket but still loving craft work, I find it indispensable when the light isn't so good, it really is like day-light. I don't seem to feel the same amount of eye strain when I'm knitting etc as I usually do with ordinary lamps. I am just sorry that I didn't purchase it earlier as it really is money worth spending. It arrived in the time specified, was easy to assemble and all in all I am more than satisfied.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3