Profile for C. Mcsherry > Reviews

Content by C. Mcsherry

C. Mcsherry "chicm" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
AQUA JET SPA IMPERIAL DELUXE SYNTHETIC SILVER PORTABLE INFLATABLE HOT TUB
AQUA JET SPA IMPERIAL DELUXE SYNTHETIC SILVER PORTABLE INFLATABLE HOT TUB

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 17 Oct 2014
Heater packed in after about 6 uses...no clue how to get it fixed. Had a Camaro before and that was a much better product but can't find them anymore.

The Snapper
The Snapper

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 17 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Snapper (Kindle Edition)
One of the best books I have read in years. My first Roddy Doyle and to be honest the best (I have now read almost all the rest). Laugh out loud in places and incredibly tender and endearing in others. Loved it.

Eradibait Rat and Mouse Killer 7kg tub , safe for children,pets,poultry,cats and dogs
Offered by Equestrian Performance

1.0 out of 5 stars Really not of any use., 17 Oct 2014
After being away on business for a month I came back to a farmyard running with rats. I keep raptors so can't use the chemical bait and I hoped that this would be a solution. I used it as directed for almost 2 weeks and, if anything, the rat population was increasing! Pretty disappointed really. I ended up using a combination of a hungry cat, an air rifle and 3 old-fashioned fen traps. Rat problem well under control now. Hate giving a bad review for a product that purports to be raptor friendly...it certainly was that but it was also pretty rat friendly too, so not something that I could recommend! Anyone want about 3kg of the stuff for free...?

Sane New World: Taming the Mind
Sane New World: Taming the Mind

3.0 out of 5 stars Good if you are interested to know more about Ruby Wax, 28 Mar 2014
Not so good as a general work to learn more. It's a little too much "all about me"and every example is thru the lens of her experience: which is fine if you suffer from exactly the same symptoms she does and have exactly the same personality...which would make you Ruby Wax. If you were to be really harsh then a great deal of it is pretty self-absorbed stuff with little objectivity. The technique seems to have helped her tho and will hopefully open doors for others who do see echoes of themselves in her. I didn't however, and what's more, I found myself in complete disagreement with her analysis of what motivates and drives people. Just because one person has a bad experience of what drives people to compete or achieve does not mean it is a flaw in the entire human race. For all that, I like Ruby Wax and enjoyed her sometimes caustic wit who h runs throughout so the book gets a 3 rather than the 1 I think it probably warrants for content and analysis.

Darien Disaster
Darien Disaster
by John Prebble

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read..., 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Darien Disaster (Paperback)
for every Scot. Especially with the coming referendum in 2014. A fascinating story well told and puts real perspective on the modern Scotland.

The Wolf of Wall Street
The Wolf of Wall Street

1.0 out of 5 stars Self absorbed drivel, 9 Feb 2014
Go see the movie and enjoy the escapism...the book is mince. The man may think he is a genius but he writes like an infant and he spins yarns like an under-achieving teenager trying to impress the rest of the gang. Don't waste your money.

Coming Up for Air (Penguin Modern Classics)
Coming Up for Air (Penguin Modern Classics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent insight into the war years, 1 Dec 2012
I really enjoyed this book. In particular I loved the detail of the period before WW1 and then between the war. He cleverly skipped too much detail of the war, which has been done many times, and instead concentrated on the banality of one man's life.

Recommended.

RADIO
RADIO

1.0 out of 5 stars less than useless, 16 Oct 2012
This review is from: RADIO (App)
This was my first app purchase for my new Kindle and not a single radio channel worked! Every one I tried just gave the message channel not working. Talk about stating the bleeding obvious!

Our Man In Havana: An Introduction by Christopher Hitchens
Our Man In Havana: An Introduction by Christopher Hitchens

5.0 out of 5 stars A complete joy, 21 Aug 2012
This was my first ever Greene novel and I am hooked!

What style, wit and imagination. He captured the essence of the English abroad to an absolute tee (or should that be tea?)

I have to read more...

George Armstrong Custer and Sitting Bull, Warriors of the Plains
George Armstrong Custer and Sitting Bull, Warriors of the Plains

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty basic, 21 Aug 2012
It might be something to whet your appetite for more in this vein but an accomplished work it is not.

Riddled with the now ubiquitous spelling and grammatical mistakes that permeate the Kindle world and with a really bitty and selective approach I found it just annoying after a while.

Of the decisive battle at Little Bighorn there are barely a half dozen sentences.

For $1 you could justify it...just.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3