Profile for Vhoenen > Reviews

Toy Cameras, Creative Photos: High-End Results From 40 Plastic Cameras
Toy Cameras, Creative Photos: High-End Results From 40 Plastic Cameras
by Kevin Meredith

4.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't what I was expecting, 5 Jan 2013
Its a nice guide of a variety of cameras out there (though not all easily available as claimed!) It had some lovely photos (and plenty that give lomography it bad name) overall a good book to have on my shelves.

The Apple and the Thorn (Tales of Avalon Book 1)
The Apple and the Thorn (Tales of Avalon Book 1)
Price: 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars It was ok, 5 Jan 2013
a nice quick read. I enjoyed it but am unlikely to read it again. I found the characters to be on the weak side, the story seemed unfinished to me.

Hottest, Coldest, Highest, Deepest
Hottest, Coldest, Highest, Deepest
by Steve Jenkins
Price: 4.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 4 Nov 2012
very sweet book looking at various locations around the world and comparing their size/temperature etc. The pictures are made with different types and layers of paper to create the desired effect. This book makes an appearance during craft times too to recreate the layering technique used. A must have in the home-ed/unschool home.

Fizz Buzz: 101 Spoken Numeracy Games - Ideal for Mental Maths
Fizz Buzz: 101 Spoken Numeracy Games - Ideal for Mental Maths
by Janet Rees
Price: 10.49

4.0 out of 5 stars good for large groups, 4 Nov 2012
I bought this because the reviews seemed pretty good. It does have a lot of interesting looking games that would make math much more fun. However most of the games require larger groups. As I home educate my children, and was looking for a book I could use at home with them, this book didn't fulfill my requirements. I have kept it to hopefully be able to use it and HE meetups.

The Druid Animal Oracle Deck
The Druid Animal Oracle Deck
by Philip Carr-Gomm
Edition: Cards
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely cards, slightly smaller would have given 5 *, 7 Aug 2011
I love these cards, the illustrations are beautiful. There is a fair amount of symbolism in each card, not too much to be overwhelmed with it as I've seen in some decks. The booklet that comes in this set gives enough explanation to get you going without overdoing it.

My only issue is the size of the cards, I think they are an A6 size, making it awkward to shuffle. This is however my favourite deck despite of its awkward size.

Sea Of Souls: Series 1 [DVD] [2004]
Sea Of Souls: Series 1 [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Bill Paterson
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 44.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Jan 2005
Such an exciting series! I couldn't wait for the next one. All the plots are very well put together, they just make you want to watch until the very last minute. Believer in the paranormal or not this will not dissapoint!