Profile for Dan Merry > Reviews

Content by Dan Merry

Dan Merry "Dan Merry" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Elite Pria Pavé Microadjust Fibreglass Bottle Cage - Black/White
Elite Pria Pavé Microadjust Fibreglass Bottle Cage - Black/White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 28 July 2014
Light, robust and reliable bottle cage a great product. I really like the button that one can use to secure its bottle.

Bike Fit: Optimise your bike position for high performance and injury avoidance
Bike Fit: Optimise your bike position for high performance and injury avoidance
by Phil Burt

4.0 out of 5 stars The new standard for bike fit, 28 July 2014
This book dedicated to bike fit written in clear and visual manner by a practising professional.The main advantage of this publication is that it treats its topic comprehensively and provide an analysis of the different methods available to perform a fit. The only drawback this book has is in my opinion the fact that it does not bring anything new to the table but compiles all the thinking developed over the year. Yet, I believe this book will become the standard for the field.

Moto G 4G 8GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Moto G 4G 8GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money for people not interested in bell and whistle but solid phone and straight 4 G internet, 2 July 2014
Clearly at this price point it is very difficult to do better. Android decent RAM and processor and micro SD slot plus 4G. The phone is a replacement for my loyal blackberry who died in the line of duty last week end (fatal fall screen broken according to the coroner). The phone feels great in the hand and runs seamlessly with Android. The camera is fine by me but the phone photo purist will probably judge it to be average... As to the functions I guess they are limitless you have access to the huge android catalogue and that is what killed BB for good on top of a few other things. I am quite glad I bought the phone it works well and it will save me a fortune as I will move to a sim only as of September, this phone is by the best when comes for value for money.

Garmin Bike Cadence Sensor
Garmin Bike Cadence Sensor

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a reliable alternative to the GSC10, 1 July 2014
Im thrilled to be using this sensor after having gone through 3 units of the gladly defunct GSC10. The new unit uses accelerometers and as such does not require any magnet or any cumbersome widget. All this simplifies change of bike as the holder is silicone attachment. In terms of data stream, Garmin kept the ANT+ protocol, the data are captured by the edge and so far I have not had any issues, I hope it well stay that way but until then I am more happy this is a great product.

Tenn-Outdoors Flow Polycarbonate Bicycle Water Bottle Cage - Black, One size
Tenn-Outdoors Flow Polycarbonate Bicycle Water Bottle Cage - Black, One size

2.0 out of 5 stars substandard product stay away, 25 May 2014
Clearly what seems to be a good and cheap idea in the form of a cage turn out to be a substandard. the cage broke with no apparent reason no shocks or crash just stay away from it and spend more you will actually spend less in the long run.

Optimum Men's Cycling Bib Short
Optimum Men's Cycling Bib Short
Price: £7.19 - £29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent bib, 25 May 2014
Those shorts are decent I like the material the fit is a bit big and the padding could be much better as I found it thin but I guess it is because it is meant to be a summer gear. Ohter than that the logo is peeling away after a few days which is disappointing.

VeloChampion Bike Computer Handlebar Mount for Garmin Edge 200, 500, 510, 800 and 810
Offered by Maxgear Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars great mount solid, 25 May 2014
This a great mount at a great price definitely better than the basic Garmin product. There is certainly a wide range of competing product out there so I might be able to compare but at least I am satisfied with this one and I recommend this product.

Garmin Edge 500 Bike GPS with Heart Rate Monitor and Cadence Sensor
Garmin Edge 500 Bike GPS with Heart Rate Monitor and Cadence Sensor
Offered by Cycle Surgery

4.0 out of 5 stars slightly dated but still a strong computer, 25 May 2014
If you are after a good and sturdy GPS computer, look no more this set has all you need (maybe not a power meter). The battery is exceptional, the display clear and has a light when you need it. You can customise the display and present the data you want to keep an eye on while riding. My only criticism is with data upload which leaves a lot to be desired. I have often had issues with the synchronisation on the computer which is a shame it would have been a perfect computer.

Mio Link - Heart Rate Monitor - no more chest strap! Bluetooth, ANT+
Mio Link - Heart Rate Monitor - no more chest strap! Bluetooth, ANT+
Price: £76.99 - £89.90

4.0 out of 5 stars no more chest strap!!!!, 25 May 2014
Relieved that is how I feel, I use my bike almost every single day of the week for commuting and training after work. I have been using a chest strap for a few years and beyond their notorious lack of comfort they have done the job. I have been meaning to change so I sold my chest strap and bought rather sceptically the MIO link. I have tried it on long rides and I am pleasantly surprised by its ease of use and reliability. The data streamed is sent to my bike computer and I use the results to monitor my progress and set objectives. I am quite excited and I hope the product will last. It is a very good product.

Tacx Cycle Motion Stand
Tacx Cycle Motion Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars The missing piece of the jigsaw, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Tacx Cycle Motion Stand (Sports)
I commute to work using my bicycles and as a result, I need to clean and maintain my drive train as often as the rain hits my journey in other words very often (thank you mr weather). Until then these operations have always been done in a rudimentary way and since a few days I decided to take the jump and buy myself a stand. Being an engineer, I wanted to make an informed decision and find the optimum product for the budget I was willing to spend on such a product, I turned to group test published in French cycling magazine and found the Tacx Cycle Motion Stand which was rated excellent and rightly so. I used the stand to clean and lubricate my road bike and carry out a my safety check with deconcerting ease, the stand is sturdy and built to last but more importantly I was able to clean entirely my bike. I could test the brake and adjust my gears and equally check them. This a product of high quality, my bike is safe on it and it has simplify my bike maintenance this is why I highly recommend this product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9