Profile for Angie Lemon > Reviews

Ancho Chilli Dried Whole - 100g
Offered by We Luv Shopping
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 30 July 2014
For 100g you get around 7 BIG peppers - so far I have just used them in chilli con carne (one pepper, seeds removed and chopped up small - no soaking) and they give it a nice deep liquorice undertone that you just wouldn't get otherwise. When you combine with a zingy fresh red chilli you get an amazing explosion of tastes!

WINDSOR TEA SPOON PACK OF 4
WINDSOR TEA SPOON PACK OF 4
Offered by ViaGenius
Price: 2.46

5.0 out of 5 stars I am writing a review about teaspoons, that's how impressed I am!, 30 July 2014
These are nothing like the cheap, lightweight and rough cutlery you often get in this sort of price range - I am VERY impressed!

Outnumbered: Series One [DVD] [2007]
Outnumbered: Series One [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Claire Skinner
Offered by rsdvd
Price: 2.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuinely funny, 8 Dec 2008
There's not a lot these days that makes me laugh out loud, but this show certainly does. The acting is fantastic, and that goes for the children too (and huge kudos to whoever coaxed and improvised with the kids to get what we see on screen, because it works brilliantly).

The lack of a laughter track is such a relief - I know when to laugh, I laugh when something's funny, thank you!

If you know someone with kids and they've not seen this before, this would make a fantastic gift you can be sure they'll enjoy.

When Will There be Good News?
When Will There be Good News?
by Kate Atkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars My 'book of the year', 24 Oct 2008
This is the best book I've read for ages - the format is easy to get to grips with and lends itself to my style of reading (short chapters - easy to dip in and out of).

What I loved most were the surprises and twists - so often it's really easy to predict how things are going to pan out - not so with this book. The standrad of writing is fabulous - literary and intelligent plus a very juicy plot. I can't wait for the next installment!

Kiss Me While I Sleep: Number 3 in series (CIA's Spies)
Kiss Me While I Sleep: Number 3 in series (CIA's Spies)
by Linda Howard

2.0 out of 5 stars Heroine's should be nice, shouldn't they?, 9 Nov 2006
I normally enjoy Linda Howard's writing, especially the heroines. The 'heroine' in this book though... she KILLS people, and that's not nice. Heroine's should be nice.

Also, I felt like I was re-reading the same information over and over and over again - the author obviously super-keen that we don't forget 'why' she killed people. Normally in LH's books we love the heroine through what they do and don't have to have things explained to us to excuse their behaviour.

It was ok. I did actually finish it.