Profile for Ellen Glen > Reviews

Content by Ellen Glen

Ellen Glen "Ellen" (Scotland)

Staywell 300 - 4 Way Locking Cat Flap/Door - White
Staywell 300 - 4 Way Locking Cat Flap/Door - White
Offered by Paws To Your Door

3.0 out of 5 stars Noise issue., 4 April 2012
We have had this cat flap (with tunnell), set into a UPVc door. Felt we had to run sealer around the edge
as the fit wasn't perfect, and I worried about rain ingress.
The lock is a bit flimsy, but we rarely lock it, just want something to allow the cat freedom,
and prevent draughts, which it does not too badly. It is a single piece of plastic,
so don't expect it to be as good as the door.
The problem I find is that it is so noisy when being used, the flap clatters really loudly when
she comes in or goes out, that it wakes everyone in the house during the night.
I'm now trying to see if we can cover the magnetic flap in something to reduce the noise,
but maintain the magnetic property!

Midnight
Midnight
by Josephine Cox

2.0 out of 5 stars A poor read., 7 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Midnight (Paperback)
Midnight was my first Josephine Cox read, and I'm afraid it will probably be my last.
As other reviews say, it is repetitive, and much of it boring. The continuity errors
really disturbed my reading, and Thomas dropping in and out of his lancashire dialect, was
irritating. Had to force myself to finish it.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Images are too small., 28 Nov. 2011
As a planner, this is set out well enough. Space for appointments, notes, emergency numbers, and even a pocket for bits of paper.

But I wish I had paid more attention to the indication on the back.
The baby images are tiny, only 6 x 6 cm.

Bought this planner specifically because we really love Anne Geddis baby pictures.
So I'm disappointed with the photograph sizes.

JVC HA-FX35-P-E Marshmallow Headphones with Brushed Aluminium Effect - Pink
JVC HA-FX35-P-E Marshmallow Headphones with Brushed Aluminium Effect - Pink
Offered by ECOTRONICS

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice earphones, dangerous packaging., 26 Dec. 2010
Once you have managed to open the plastic casing on these earphones, and had accident and emergency stitch up your wounds because it is extremely difficult and dangerous to get into, (if the scissors don't spear your hand, the sharp plastic edges will slice it), then the earphones themselves are fine.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and fashionable, there's a first., 17 Dec. 2010
Although the heels are slightly higher than I expected, the good soles mean they remain comfortable to walk in. I have wide feet (E fit normally), and these boots are wide enough for me.

Bosch TDA4623GB Sensixx B3 Steam Iron Blue berry
Bosch TDA4623GB Sensixx B3 Steam Iron Blue berry

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough steam., 17 Aug. 2010
This iron feels good to use, is nice and light, (important if like me you save up your ironing for a long haul.)
That's the good bit.
If you fill the tank to the line, it spills back out the filler spout when you stand it up.
The water tank doesn't need refilled often though, but that is only because you have to have it at absolutely full heat to get any steam out of it. Useless for anything less than strong cotton.
I returned the first iron I was sent as it didn't give out steam at any heat level, this one is only slightly better.
I don't like it!

Panasonic KXTG7304 DECT Quad - Black
Panasonic KXTG7304 DECT Quad - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Very basic model., 11 Jun. 2008
Bought this Panasonic KX-TG7304 DECT quad cordless phone set to connect to our BT Broadband Hub, to allow us to get free evening and weekend calls through the Broadband Talk connection.
It does the job, but has very few extras.
It was easy enough to set up. Out of the box, charge them up, connect the main unit to the BT Hub. Open the Hub software, enable the phones to ring along with the house phone and voila. They work.

I do like the feel of the phones, but the charging bases are very light and cheap.
The display is reasonably easy to read.
The phones have a nice large 100 number phonebook, BUT - you have to enter your numbers into each phone individually ! Which is a real pain.
(The next model up has a Copy to other handsets option).
And due to the BT Broadband Talk connection, all the other phones continue to ring for two or three rings after you anser a call. This gets really annoying, as someone in another room doesn't always realise you've already answered.
The sound is clear enough, but still has a 'cordless' hiss which seems to exist with many cordless phones.
And I like the ability to transfer an outside call to another handset.

Due to the limited extras, I wish now I had gone for a better model.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2012 9:30 AM GMT