Profile for JLD > Reviews

Content by JLD

JLD (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Girl in the Spider's Web (Millennium series Book 4)
The Girl in the Spider's Web (Millennium series Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy sequel, 27 April 2016
I have just finished this and I thoroughly recommend it for anyone who enjoyed the Stieg Larsson trilogy. It has good pace and extends the previous stories in the same writing style. I hope we see some more of these.

New DQT Passion Men's Black Waistcoat - Size: 40"
New DQT Passion Men's Black Waistcoat - Size: 40"
Offered by DQT Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and value, 27 Feb. 2016
This is good quality and great value for money. I ordered a couple of sizes too big after reading other peoples reviews and this meant it was a good fit when it arrived. It arrived quickly too. The only criticism I have is that the pockets were very difficult to unstitch and it was tricky to do this without damaging the fabric. I managed it eventually!

The Classic Albums Collection
The Classic Albums Collection
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 31 Dec. 2015
This is an excellent box set containing all but the latest ELO album. The box is fairly small making it easy to store and each CD is housed within a copy of the original album cover. There is also a book with details of each album and some comments. The CDs have bonus tracks too. The set is great value for money too - £20 for 11 CDs - what is not to like!

Kaffeebecher Motiv 'Eule' 9 cm sortierte Ausführung (Inhalt 4 Stück)
Kaffeebecher Motiv 'Eule' 9 cm sortierte Ausführung (Inhalt 4 Stück)
Offered by Zabala Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Dec. 2015
These mugs are good quality and very pretty. They came from Germany and were well packaged and arrived quickly.

The Mountain Shadow
The Mountain Shadow

4.0 out of 5 stars A worthy sucessor, 30 Dec. 2015
I waited for this to be finished for years as Shantaram is one of my favourite books and I re-read it before starting The Mountain Shadow. This book takes up where Shantaram left off and follows some of the characters whilst introducing new ones. It is a good read and is very engaging but I found it to be not quite as engrossing as Shantaram and the writing style is less poetic which, in my opinion, takes something away from the story. It is a worthy successor but I found Shantaram to be exceptional and I don't think this book quite reaches that level.

The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy: Or the letter that was never sent to Harold Fry
by Rachel Joyce

5.0 out of 5 stars exquisite, 4 Sept. 2015
This is a brilliant book. It deals with a difficult topic with tenderness, sensitivity and manages to inject humour into the darkest of situations. A great read.

The Big Cheese Live Catch Ready To Use Mouse Traps - Twinpack
The Big Cheese Live Catch Ready To Use Mouse Traps - Twinpack
Offered by Goods Wholesale Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the most reliable but can work if you change the bait!, 3 May 2015
Bought two of these as we had an unwelcome house mouse visitor! They are fairly flimsy and one seemed to not work very well on initial inspection but we persevered! We set both traps as per the instructions. The first night the mouse ignored them in favour if a home made coin and glass trap which it managed to get the bait from and escape. Having established it liked peanut butter we changed the bait in these traps and put peanut butter in them. This morning the first trap was open and completely void of any peanut butter and the second trap was closed with the mouse inside. After a short journey to the park it was released unharmed and sped off into the distance! These do work with peanut butter and perseverance!

The Snowman: A Harry Hole thriller (Oslo Sequence 5)
The Snowman: A Harry Hole thriller (Oslo Sequence 5)
by Don Bartlett

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but read 'The Bat' first!, 23 Jan. 2015
This is the first Jo Nesbo book I read and it is a real page turner. In fact I liked it so much I have now bought all of his other books! One word of caution though - the book gives away lots of details (the name of the murderer) in 'The Bat' which is fine if you read all the Oslo sequence books in order because you would already know this, however this is a great stand-alone novel so, like me, you could end up reading it first!

Master Lock 7804704EURD 115mm Hasp and 40mm Weatherproof Padlock Set
Master Lock 7804704EURD 115mm Hasp and 40mm Weatherproof Padlock Set

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!!!!, 20 Dec. 2014
Terrible - avoid this. Bought one of these to use on our garden shed - it corroded within weeks and was replaced by Amazon. This happened a second time after another few weeks and it was replaced again. Now the third one has corroded too and not surprisingly to get a third replacement we have had to contact the manufacturer as it over 12 months old. We have emailed the manufacturer who are outside the UK and they do not have the courtesy to reply. The lock is poorly made and as soon as it gets rainy it corrodes within a few weeks. The lifetime guarantee is worthless. If you are looking for a padlock buy a different one! I have only given this one star as you cannot award none or less!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2015 6:51 PM GMT

Owls 10006, Mouse Pad with Colourful Design Strong Anti-Slip Base For Optimum Support Compatible With All Mouse Types (Ball, Optical, Laser).
Offered by Xtreme_Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Oct. 2014
This arrived quickly, was packaged well and is really high quality. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good quality mouse mat.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3