Profile for Carole L. > Reviews

Content by Carole L.

Carole L. "Des livres et des mots"

The Lord of the Rings
The Lord of the Rings
by J. R. R. Tolkien

5.0 out of 5 stars a chef d'oeuvre, 31 July 2007
This review is from: The Lord of the Rings (Hardcover)
It take me three years to read the complete series (in French) and now I am trying to read in English, not easy, but I am very impressed by the atmosphere of this original version, a series which has made us each dream !

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
by Mark Haddon

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful !, 31 July 2007
a book that bring tears and joy to the readers, a book to read by generation from old to youngs, you must read it !

Sarah's Key
Sarah's Key
by Tatiana de Rosnay

5.0 out of 5 stars The French version, 31 July 2007
This review is from: Sarah's Key (Hardcover)
I read the French version before I realise the author half British wrote it first in English, so I read it again (in the English version) and was strike by the power and the sadness: this is a book that tells the truth of one of France's darkest pasts, the "Velodrome d'Hiver rafle " which was done by the French police under German Occupations ; it is easy to read even for non English reader like me, a good way of knowing more of these historics moment. A strong book that remains long times with one.