Profile for Master Lorien > Reviews

Anna-Kaci S/M Fit Coffee Brown Flower Sun Ray Sequin Rope Detail Mini Dress
Anna-Kaci S/M Fit Coffee Brown Flower Sun Ray Sequin Rope Detail Mini Dress
Offered by Alilang

5.0 out of 5 stars Really beautiful, 23 May 2014
For the price, you really cannot go wrong with this dress, It doesn't look like something you would have bought from amazon, and I got loads of compliments our and about in it. I've had it for a while now and it is still in good wear. Highly recommend.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Sounds great, fell apart in a few weeks, 23 May 2014
I really like the shape of these buds, only problem is that they fell apart pretty quickly. These are the second pair to do so, so I would avoid.

Ladies 1920's Icon Blonde Wig
Ladies 1920's Icon Blonde Wig

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective but cheap, 23 May 2014
This looks great the first time it is worn, but very quickly looks like a cheap mess after wearing it a few more times.

PrettyGuide Art Deco Gatsby 1920s Flower Fringe Ornate Double Side Flapper Dress Gold
Offered by PrettyGuide
Price: 39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty, didn't last all that long, 23 May 2014
A beautiful flapper dress that fits really well. Only problem is that it doesn't take too long for the flapper part to look a bit tatty. Have to be careful with this one.

PleaserUSA Womens Sandals Belle-316 Silver Size 9.5 UK
PleaserUSA Womens Sandals Belle-316 Silver Size 9.5 UK
Offered by Higher Heels

4.0 out of 5 stars Looking good!, 23 May 2014
I was a little surprised at the sizing, which was slightly too big, but otherwise these are beautiful sandals and were worth the price.

20's Flirty Flapper Wig Brown
20's Flirty Flapper Wig Brown
Offered by ONLYuniform
Price: 5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured, 23 May 2014
When I got this wig, I opened the box to find a huge brown fro! Doesn't look like the picture, which is a shame.

Ladies 20's Fancy Dress Silver Sequin White Feather Flapper Headband
Ladies 20's Fancy Dress Silver Sequin White Feather Flapper Headband
Offered by Struts Fancy Dress
Price: 8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks great but fell apart after one use, 5 April 2014
It really does look good, but the feather came off after the first time I used it. Make your own?

Smiffys 180cm Pearl Necklace Long
Smiffys 180cm Pearl Necklace Long
Offered by Crazy Bargains 91
Price: 1.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 28 Mar 2014
Nice and cheap. Nothing much to write about it. Good for what you pay, so can't complain too much. 4 Stars.

The Broken Kingdoms (Inheritance Trilogy Book 2)
The Broken Kingdoms (Inheritance Trilogy Book 2)
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one yet!, 28 Mar 2014
I think this might be my favourite book in the trilogy. It follows Sieh, my favourite character from the series, and really had me in the 'just one more chapter' phase night after night.

I won't go into detail, as it will probably contain spoilers, but this book is unique, well written, and has a good, flowing structure that makes it easy and engaging.

5 stars.

The Drowning Girl
The Drowning Girl
Price: 5.69

2.0 out of 5 stars I really tried to like it ..., 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Drowning Girl (Kindle Edition)
I've been picking this book up and putting it down for over a week, now. I really wanted to like it, as I thought the premise was really interesting, but despite my best efforts, I couldn't finish it.

The style is writing tends to be rambling. Caitlin Keirnan starts a chapter with something like 'This is the time I saw a ghost', and then 5 pages later she never actually gets around to writing anything of the sort, it just trundles along, flitting from this to that. If you don't concentrate the entire time (which I had to, because the book wasn't gripping me), then you can blink and realise you have no idea what the character is talking about.

I appreciate that it is first person, and the character is schizophrenic and such, but the continuous word vomit is tiring and frustrating.

I will admit that I may be proven wrong if I managed to finish the book, but reading is my hobby, it's not meant to be a chore.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5