ARRAY(0xb59c20c0)

Page: 1 | 2
City Hunter TV '91 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
City Hunter TV '91 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

3.0 out of 5 stars Too short..., 22 Dec 2004
If this season would consists of two collections (like the first two), there would have been 5 stars on top of this review.
Still, it's better than nothing, though I had this nagging feeling the season didn't reach it's full potential. A few more episodes might have done the trick. :)

City Hunter TV Season 2: Collection 1 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
City Hunter TV Season 2: Collection 1 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

5.0 out of 5 stars First half of the BEST season of CH, 22 Dec 2004
The beginning is the same as ever, action and mokkori everywhere.
Through the entire season, though, we can see more and more clearly the feelings of Ryo towards Kaori, and we start to understand our hero better. Why he acts as he does - all to protect Kaori, the only woman he ever loved, from the life he leads.
But there're still enough guns, smoke and explosions to satisfy even the most scepticals. Enjoy!

City Hunter: TV Season 1 Coll 2 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
City Hunter: TV Season 1 Coll 2 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 41.95

5.0 out of 5 stars An explosive ending, 22 Dec 2004
My love for City Hunter has already been established, so I'll be quick. A must buy for everyone who likes comedy, thrills, action and a tinsy bit of love and romance.

City Hunter: TV Season 1 Coll 1 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
City Hunter: TV Season 1 Coll 1 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 117.95

5.0 out of 5 stars XYZ is the best, 15 Dec 2004
I absolutely love City Hunter, since I first saw it on an Italian TV station a very long, long time ago.
Ryo Saeba is the perfect male character, and Kaori his best counterpart. They quarrel constantly, but when the time calls for it, they trust eachother blindly.
Watch the hammer and enjoy the ride. (The second half of the season is even better)

Stroke of Midnight
Stroke of Midnight
by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Price: 4.79

3.0 out of 5 stars The only one saving this is Dante, 19 Nov 2004
This book earned three stars from me only, and exlusively because of Dante Pontis, the hero of Sherrilyn Kenyon's "Winter Born". What can I do, I'm a sucker for Hunters - Were, Dream, and specially Dark ones.
The L.A. Banks' story just made me skip pages, but the other two were passable.
Nothing to miss, there.

Man of My Dreams
Man of My Dreams
by Suzanne Foster
Price: 5.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Awsome! (at least in parts), 19 Nov 2004
I looooooved Sherrilyn Kenyon's "Fire and Ice". She just can't do no wrong. A brooding, hurting hero, and a strong, loving heroine to go with. WOW!
Maggie Shayne's story is a normal, a bit paranormal romance. Suzanne Forster also writes enjoyable tales.
And we finally arrive to Virginia Kantra. Her story did nothing for me, absolutelly nothing. No spark, no enlightenment, nada, zilch. In other words - disappointing.

Charming the Highlander (Highlander Trilogy)
Charming the Highlander (Highlander Trilogy)
by Janet Chapman

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so, 6 Sep 2004
I admit to buying this book only for the word 'Highlander' in the title.
Grey is great - every woman's dream man. Tall, strong, dependable, trustworthy, protective... But what is that - going after men with guns armed only with a sword. He's lived in this century for four years, and still hasn't figured out the odds?
Grace on the other hand only made me want to slap her - HARD. The selfishness of that woman made me cringe. In my opinion, every father has the right to know he has a son, and every son needs to know his real father. I know her sister died, and all, but what the hell was she thinking?!
The plot itself was good - only the kidnapping scene towards the end just wasn't right. It disrupted everything, if you ask me. The author could think of something else, if she wanted to add some suspense.

Hot Blooded
Hot Blooded
by Christine Feehan
Price: 4.79

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 out of 4 ain't bad, 6 Sep 2004
Christine Feehan's 'Dark Hunger' is the usual Dark Series book. Hot and sexy - and a great introduction to the stories of the five De La Cruz brothers.
Maggie Shayne disappointed me - her story didn't have the right vibe.
Emma Holly's storytelling and plot improved from the novella in Fantasy. At least it made me laugh.
'Seduction's Gift' by Angela Knight made me lift my eyebrows and say "Huh?!" at first - but then - WOW! And let me repeat that: WOW! Really hot blooded, indeed! Can't wait to read more from her!

Blood of Roses
Blood of Roses
by Marsha Canham
Price: 7.20

5.0 out of 5 stars ... an explosive ending!, 23 Aug 2004
If you're asking why that title - visit "The Pride of Lions" book!
I loved both books, but I must admit this one was my favorite. The love story between Alex and Catherine has evolved - you can feel the love they share. And the historical part (I'm a history junky) was just awsome. The battle sequenced - the smell of the blood, the moaning of the wonded, the absolute silence after the battle at Culloden - it was just blood-curdling.
Another must read from a great author!

Pride of Lions
Pride of Lions
by Marsha Canham

5.0 out of 5 stars A great start..., 23 Aug 2004
I just loved this book (and it's sequel, but that's another story). I just couldn't help falling in love with Alexander - a brooding Highlander, tormented by his past. And even more so by his present, namely the wife he never wanted, but couldn't prevent loving with a passion more powerful than honor, courage and loyalty.
A must read!