ARRAY(0xa2b07774)

Profile for M EKEMA > Reviews

Content by M EKEMA

M EKEMA

Page: 1 | 2
Lieutenant (The David Birkenhead Series)
Lieutenant (The David Birkenhead Series)
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars The David Birkenhead Series, 31 Jan 2014
It seems a bit odd reading a story of an spacefaring officer "Bunny". But it's actually very good. The series in a round about way deals with prejudice that's all around us and shows that with effort anybody can succeed.

Resolute Uprising: Book 3 in The War for Terra
Resolute Uprising: Book 3 in The War for Terra
Price: 1.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Resolute Uprising, 3 Jan 2014
I rarely write reviews of books that I have read, but I feel that this book deserves one. James Prosser has followed his first two episodes of The War far Terra with another belter. I had intended to read this one in stages but enjoyed it so much I read it in one sitting. I think that it's fairly obvious that Alice is still alive somewhere from the ending of the last book. But I was not quite expecting where she has turned up. If you enjoyed the first two books get this one it won't disappoint you. A few silly spelling and grammar mistakes, even so still very good.

Dark Space
Dark Space
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Dark Space: Bk1, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: Dark Space (Kindle Edition)
I found this book hard to get into at the beginning and on first read I deleted the book from my iPhone/Kindle.
After reading another book I gave this one a second chance and persisted. Once the story got going, the plot was very entertaining and well worth the read. With a lot of kindle books the the grammar and spelling normally leave a lot to be desired. But in this case I found no silly typos. My only gripe is that whoever formatted the book for Kindle use has made a big mistake. The only way I could read all the words was by putting the text to its smallest size, otherwise sections of words were not displayed. Needs to be sorted out somehow.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2013 4:35 PM GMT

Dark Space (Book 3): Origin
Dark Space (Book 3): Origin
Price: 2.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark Space 3: Origin, 14 Nov 2013
I really enjoyed this book after getting stuck with the first book. I found that all the twists and turns added that little bit extra mystery to this episode.of Dark Space. If you have struggled with the start of the first book pick it up again and keep going it's well worth it. A fitting end to brainy and his cohorts. Looking forward to the next book, can't wait.

The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier - Guardian (The Lost Fleet Beyond the Frontier)
Price: 5.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Beyond the Frontier: Guardian, 18 Oct 2013
Another great book from the lost fleet series about three quarters of the way through the book, the story falters. Suddenly from action in one star system on the way home, you quickly end up in the home system after... Well nothing. In the last phase of the story there is a well described battle. But either
side of that is lacking. I get the impression that this is the last Black Jack Geary story when there is scope for much more about Geary and his Wife/Flagship Captain. A good book but leaves so much hanging. What happens to the Dancers, Invincible, the Enigma, the Kikbears and much much more. Please Mr Campbell let's have some more Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier.

Star Trek The Next Generation/Doctor Who: Assimilation Vol. 2
Star Trek The Next Generation/Doctor Who: Assimilation Vol. 2
Price: 5.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Star Trek The Next Generation/Dr Who: Assimilation Vol.1 & 2, 29 Sep 2013
First time I have come across this type of comic book, a it's a blast. The combination of Star Trek and Dr Who is a good mix. I hope that there will be more to come. My only gripe Is that I wish that these were able to be read/displayed on a Windows 8 computer for ease of reading. Still all in all a good buy.

Science of Discworld III: Darwin's Watch
Science of Discworld III: Darwin's Watch
Price: 3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Science of Discworld III, 23 Aug 2013
I'm very sorry to say this is not one of the better books to come from Terry Pratchett. For me there is just too much Science Fact add between the actual Discworld story. I made it to the end of the third chapter and deleted this book and the next from my Kindle library. I have nearly all the Discworld books and extras (ie maps and cookbook) so I can say I am an avid Discworld fan. This is just to much hard work, sorry Terry this is a big miss for me. Looking forward to Raising Steam.

The Science of Discworld IV: Judgement Day (Science of Discworld 4)
The Science of Discworld IV: Judgement Day (Science of Discworld 4)
Price: 3.49

2.0 out of 5 stars The Science of Discworld IV, 23 Aug 2013
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2013 11:11 PM BST

Telstar
Telstar
Price: 6.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Telstar, 26 May 2013
This review is from: Telstar (Audio CD)
Great memories From the Sixties. Well worth the purchase for fifties and sixties babies. A few tracks that I don't remember but they are still just as good.

Centre of Gravity (Star Carrier, Book 2)
Centre of Gravity (Star Carrier, Book 2)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Centre of Gravity (Star Carrier, Book 2), 5 May 2013
Another great book from the Star Carrier series. The series by Ian Douglas is full of action and with thought provoking true facts linked in. I've not enjoyed a series quite like this before. Checking up on some of the facts that the author had included is quite interesting, like the type of travel characters use the drive system has been pondered for many years. Well worth the money, but them you wont be sorry.

Page: 1 | 2