Profile for R. Quail > Reviews

Content by R. Quail

R. Quail

Page: 1 | 2
Invision® iPad Air 2 Smart Case Cover, Superior Design Features, Magnetic Auto Wake/Sleep Function, Quality PU Leather, Recommended by "Which?" Magazine (iPad Air 2, Hot Pink)
Offered by Invision Technology (UK) Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Invision® iPad Air 2 Smart Case Cover Hot Pink, 30 May 2016
Well made and hard wearing case which fits my iPad Air 2 perfectly. This was bought to replace another case of the same make. I dropped my iPad several times and eventually broke the corner of the case which left my iPad intact! It think this case is great value for money and would not hesitate to buy it again.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband has an older Canon and it always prints beautifully. This model does too and prints gorgeous photos, 6 Jan. 2016
I had Epson printers previously but their nozzles kept getting clogged after a while. My husband has an older Canon and it always prints beautifully. This model does too and prints gorgeous photos. The only downside for me is the cost of the inks. The printer wasn't easy to install wirelessly on our iMacs but in the end I let El Capitan do the installing and that was quick and easy. Works well. No problem printing from iPad either. The only gripe I have really is the constant cleaning of the print heads but in my opinion this printer sold by Amazon is very good value for money, especially as Canon is running a double cashback (£20 + £20) See http://www.canon.co.uk/wintercashback/

DON'T FORGET TO CLAIM YOUR CASHBACK AS IT ENDS 13 JANUARY 2016.

How to Make Teddy Bears on Your Knitting Machine
How to Make Teddy Bears on Your Knitting Machine

1.0 out of 5 stars pretty much useless, 8 Nov. 2015
The book refers to diagrams which are, unfortunately, not included with the book, pretty much useless. Very disappointing.

Sabichi Chrome Toilet Roll Holder Stand 4 Rolls 51cm
Sabichi Chrome Toilet Roll Holder Stand 4 Rolls 51cm
Offered by Deal Sheal

5.0 out of 5 stars This is by far the best toilet roll holder I have come across, 20 Sept. 2015
This is by far the best toilet roll holder I have come across. We have had two others which are not a patch on this one. It is weighted at the base and does indeed hold 4 toilet rolls. It is also very easy to put together. Bought another for our shower room.

Intocircuit® 12V 2A 24W Max Wall Charger for Acer Iconia Tablet A200 A100 A500 PN: PSA18R-120P AP.0180P.002 AP.0180P.003 with UK Power Cord Included

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this because my Acer A500 no longer worked and ..., 20 Sept. 2015
Bought this because my Acer A500 no longer worked and has been dead for a few months. The cable on the original Acer charger had split in several places. This charger fits perfectly and appears to works well. Will buy another as a spare.

TP-LINK TD-W8961ND 300 Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router for BT Connections
TP-LINK TD-W8961ND 300 Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router for BT Connections
Offered by BESTBUYIT

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly great router for our very long line, 19 Sept. 2012
Our previous router, a 2Wire 2700HGB gave up the ghost last week after many years of use so we needed a router very quickly. It was constantly dropping the connection and after consulting Zen technical support and doing a few tests, we found the problem was with our router not the line. My husband bought this from a brick and mortar shop and paid a few pounds more. Had we not needed one straight away we would have bought it from Amazon as usual. We have a very long line and are 5.9Km from our exchange and have an Attenuation of 62. We normally have great difficulty in getting a router that holds our long line without dropping. Connected this router up and it synced at 3999kbps (higher than the 2Wire's 3700kbps) and held all day and dropped out at night when it re-synced at 3587kbps and has held up for 5 days, unheard of on our very long line! Didn't hold out much hope for this router because we read that it was only really good for short lines close to the exchange. Perhaps it is more to do with the chip being used in the equipment at the exchange rather than how far your line is from the exchange - don't know. According to our previous 2Wire router the equipment at our exchange uses an Infineon chip. The wireless is not as good as the 2Wire was and does not reach my workroom in the garden - to be fair it does have to get through several walls, a conservatory, a raised garden and several trees to get to the workroom!!! Sorted that out with a TP-Link TL-WN822N 300MBPS High Gain Wireless N USB Adapter (bought from Amazon) and now get a constant 3 bars in my workroom. We do get the full 5 bars throughout the house.

Had no problems setting the router up following the supplied instructions. Very pleased with the router so far and would recommend it for ease of use, connectivity and price.

Glenfiddich Highland Whisky Cake 400 g
Glenfiddich Highland Whisky Cake 400 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Glenfiddich Highland Whisky Cake 400 g, 20 Jan. 2012
Needed a cake in a hurry. Was placing an order with Amazon anyway and by chance came across this one. It was my husband's birthday and he loves fruit cake and likes Glenfiddich. Being unwell I wasn't able to go out to buy a cake so fingers crossed I ordered this. Arrived quickly and well packed. It isn't a very big cake, about the size of a very large cupcake I would say. My husband loved the cake anyway, so well done Amazon!

HP CN245B Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-One Printer
HP CN245B Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-One Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars HP CN245B Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-One Printer, 12 Aug. 2011
Very surprised at how good this printer is. Was easy to set up for Ipad2, works with Apple's Lion on iMac 27" and works well in Windows 7 64bit. Excellent printer for such a low price. Recommended.

HAVE TO REVISE MY REVIEW - 19 JANUARY 2012

Printing is really very good on this printer BUT it swallows ink cartridges whole. The printer is constantly cleaning print heads (after every single page). I managed to print 40 sheets on normal print and the printer ran out of ink. Fine if you do not print a great deal but extremely expensive if you print a lot of colour documents. Never got round to printing photos! Have given up on it and bought the Epson SX218 which is USB only - what a difference, no automatic print head cleaning! Such a shame but for me the HP CN245B Photosmart printer's ink cartridges are expensive and require replacing far too often.

Belkin Bluetooth Lounge Mouse - White - F5L031qqWHT
Belkin Bluetooth Lounge Mouse - White - F5L031qqWHT

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bluetooth Mouse at a Great Price!!!, 2 Aug. 2010
I bought this bluetooth mouse for my husband to use on his iMac which runs both Mac Leopard and Windows XP. Very easy to install in both programs. He is delighted with it. Very smooth, no glitches. At this price, have ordered another for myself to use on my iMac and Windows Vista Business. Absolutely great bluetooth mouse at a great price!!!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Bother!!, 27 July 2010
Ordered yesterday and arrived promptly this morning (with Amazon Prime). Was surprised to see that the mouse was in a battered box, no instructions and no driver disk. Have returned to Amazon for full refund. This could have been a one off but was very disappointed and I won't be ordering another to find out!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2010 11:41 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2