Profile for I. Blake > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Lost Wife
The Lost Wife

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthalling!, 20 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Lost Wife (Kindle Edition)
A beautifully and sensitively written story about a young couple whose life together coincides with the advent of the holocaust. It is a story of hope and finding happiness and inspiration in the most unlikely of settings. Descriptions of the scenes during an horrific time are not harrowing (which I was rather dreading) and in just enough detail to add colour and context to the events of the story. One of my best reads this year.

6m Solid Tip Section - Telescopic Flag or Windsock Pole
6m Solid Tip Section - Telescopic Flag or Windsock Pole
Offered by Sky High Kites

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and good value, 10 Jun. 2013
This was so much better than I expected for the money and despite a long-ish leadtime arrived much earlier and in time for our party. It was a really breezy day, but our 5mx3m flag flew proudly all day. Would definitely recommend

Cowen - Kirsch de Cuisine - 50cl
Cowen - Kirsch de Cuisine - 50cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Concentrated cherry flavour, 12 April 2013
Unlike regular kirsch that just seems to taste of alcohol - this has a rich, cherry flavour and is sweeter. It's ideal for marinating canned cherries in to boost their flavour or adding to puddings.

Buy Whole Foods Brown Linseeds 1 Kg
Buy Whole Foods Brown Linseeds 1 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, great flavour, 12 April 2013
This product is a fraction of the price for golden linseed and has a deep nutty flavour. Will definitely buy again. Bargain!

Ladies Zip Up Winter Snow Boots Black Size UK 5 EU 38
Ladies Zip Up Winter Snow Boots Black Size UK 5 EU 38
Offered by JJS DIRECT UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, fun but badly fitting, 2 Dec. 2012
I really liked the look of these boots and for the money, the boot was just what I was expecting. The quality was reasonable and the boot seemed sturdy and well-finished. However, despite being a size 5 it came up more like a size 6/7. My feet slopped around in them like I was a little girl in my Mum's shoes. I wore them twice, but gave them to my sister for walking her dog and months later they're still going strong.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional, sleek and funky, 2 Dec. 2012
I've had this case about a year and despite some heavy phone use it still looks like new. It's easy to wipe clean, protects and jazzes up mu iPhone all in one go. I love the colour and the contrasting matt/shiny decoration is subtle and funky at the same time. I had an iSkin for my 3GS and was so pleased with it, I stayed with the brand for my 4S. Love it!

Tomy Harry Potter Monster Book of Monsters Keep Safe Box
Tomy Harry Potter Monster Book of Monsters Keep Safe Box

4.0 out of 5 stars A real talking point, 2 Dec. 2012
I bought this for my 5 year old God-son and he said it was in his top 5 presents ever. After buying, I just kept thinking 'I want one of those' so I bought one. Everyone I've shown this to or talked about it with, has said the same thing - 'I want one too'. It looks just like the movie version and the whole stroking/box opening/growling thing really makes you smile. I put it out for the neighbour kids to play with at our fireworks party and it was a massive hit with the kids ... when they could wrestle it back from the adults!

Parrot MKi9000 Hands-Free Car Kit
Parrot MKi9000 Hands-Free Car Kit

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor design and temperamental, 10 Oct. 2012
I bought my car kit just over a year ago and sadly it's now out of warranty or I would return it. After a straightforward installation, the unit worked well and reliably for about 3-4 months. Since then, I have noticed a steady deterioration in the voice recognition, synching with my iPhone and ability to answer and make calls. It is also regularly 'unavailable' as it is doing some sort of download - of which I am only aware after the event and after getting really frustrated because I can't make or receive calls. The buttons on the unit to make and end calls often need to be pressed multiple times before performing their function which is really annoying. About 2 months ago, I was making an emergency manouevre and my cuff caught the centre knob and it pinged off never to be found. Unfortunately, this proved to be only thing holding the centre fascia onto the unit, so now the unit is almost useless. I'm not heavy-handed and only use the handsfree a few times a week. Really disappointing.

Thumbs Up Digital Video Memo
Thumbs Up Digital Video Memo

2.0 out of 5 stars Item not as advertised, 27 Nov. 2009
I wish I had seen the review by Sagar Fuzz before I ordered this. The screen is smaller and there are 6 buttons instead of 3 (inc. 3 playback options), voice and video recording and lets you record up to 3 messages for a total time of 3 minutes (not 1 message for 30 seconds as stated here). This is far more complicated than I wanted as I bought it for my retired parents.

Catwalk Collection Large Shoulder Tote - Kensington - Vintage Leather - Black
Catwalk Collection Large Shoulder Tote - Kensington - Vintage Leather - Black
Offered by The Real Handbag Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Puuurrrfect puuurrrchase, 6 Oct. 2009
This is a really classic bag and is great quality for a very reasonable price. Better than others I've seen - there are 2 roomy compartments, and I use 1 for my gubbins and the other to carry documents etc. around for work (I can get an A4 notebook in without bending or creasing). I've been using it for several weeks now and it still looks like new. A great investment that doesn't date.

Page: 1 | 2