Profile for Pjx > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Talk of the Town
Talk of the Town

5.0 out of 5 stars At all of the town, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Talk of the Town (Kindle Edition)
Feelgood read. A little Predictable perhaps but insightful too. I enjoyed the escapism. Liked the characters and Could empathise with them.

White Top Flip Case For Apple Iphone 4 4S Case Includes Screen Protector By Connect Zone TM
Offered by Connect Zone®

3.0 out of 5 stars Phone cover, 24 Feb 2014
Looks ok but I like taking photos with my phone and the case obscures the lens so has to be removed before I take a picture which is a nuisance.

One Young Man The simple and true story of a clerk who enlisted in 1914, who fought on the western front for nearly two years, was severely wounded at ... and is now on his way back to his desk.

5.0 out of 5 stars One young man the simple and true story of a clerk who went to war, 11 Jan 2014
I found this very readable and interesting. Cleverly put together from letters sent home from the war it gave an insight into what the young men went through though the reader has to use imagination to fill in the actual horrors of the situation as Stanley, in his letters rather plays things down.

All I Want
All I Want

5.0 out of 5 stars All I want, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: All I Want (Kindle Edition)
I am sorry that this book is so short. I very much enjoy the writing of Shayne Parkinson. She/He? Captures the imagination and paints such a picture that one feels totally involved. I am left wanting more.

Settling the Account (Promises to Keep Book 3)
Settling the Account (Promises to Keep Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Settling the account - number 3 in trilogy, 31 Dec 2013
Have very much enjoyed following the saga of this family from book one. Not always the happiest of tales but we'll written and compulsive reading.

Finding Her Feet: Drama. Tragedy. Family. Life.
Finding Her Feet: Drama. Tragedy. Family. Life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Finding her feet, 2 Nov 2013
The first part of the book which set the scene was quite well done. The next part contained some quite explicit details of child abuse and sexual exploitation. This part of the book was very fast moving, almost too fast - there seemed to be almost no consequence to the events described. The narrative improved once the main character met John and I felt that the feelings and emotions were much better conveyed in the latter part of the book. A sad but, at the same time, an uplifting, maybe a little predictable ending.

Ketevan
Ketevan
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars Ketevan, 26 Oct 2013
This review is from: Ketevan (Audio CD)
Another lovely Katie Melua cd. Love listening in the car and singing along. Don't know if I do her justice but at least I am usually in car alone so no one else has to suffer or spoil my enjoyment!

Daddy-Long-Legs
Daddy-Long-Legs

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel good read, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: Daddy-Long-Legs (Kindle Edition)
Have read and enjoyed this book before - many years ago. Saw it as a download and have loved it again. Have ordered a hardback copy. You miss the illustrations on kindle. Advertised as children's book but I think that it is for any age reader.

Missing You
Missing You

4.0 out of 5 stars Missing you, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Missing You (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed the book very much. An easy read for relaxing times. Bit spoilt by poor proof reading and ensuing mistakes in punctuation e.g. Don` t every time there was word with apostrophe there was an extra space which bugged me!!!

Other People's Lives
Other People's Lives

4.0 out of 5 stars Relationship truths, 5 April 2013
This book reminded me of events in my life but of course all ended well here! Gods and easy read.

Page: 1 | 2