Profile for Benjamin Starling > Reviews

Benjamin Starling

Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Earphones - White
Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Earphones - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Best earphones I've owned, 7 Mar. 2015
I'm surprised how well these work and the endurance of them as well.

The sound quality is brilliant, giving you a great surround sound with a blasting bass, cancelling the outside noise of people talking on their mobiles or chatting on the train etc.

I use these on an Ipod Classic.

With previous earphones I've had there was a problem in which it would pause itself automatically, making me have to push 'play' maybe once every 2 songs.

However I can't recall ever having that issue with these earphones, which I highly doubt is a coincidence.

I only paid £18.99 for them, however even at £28 I would highly recommend them.

ORB USB to Micro USB Charge Cable, 3 Metre (PS4)
ORB USB to Micro USB Charge Cable, 3 Metre (PS4)
Offered by total digital stores

2.0 out of 5 stars Only buy if you want to replace it every week., 7 Mar. 2015
Like previous 1 star reviews it worked great..... for about a week.

After a week it would be extremely difficult to get the controller charging, having to tilt it one way or another for it to work (which isn't helpful for when you're trying to play fifa etc.)

The micro usb end is also very flimsy. After about 2 weeks that it started to loose the ability to charge the controller and having to tilt it to charge it the inevitable happened.

While tilting it to get the controller to charge the micro USB connection actually snapped off, exposing the inside of it which could potentially be dangerous especially if it's being used by a child.

So if you're wanting to buy a 3 metre cable for the PS4 I wouldn't advise choosing this one as you will be paying around £10 a month in replacements.

The reason I gave the review 2 star though is that when it does start going faulty on the ps4 controller, you can still use it for your phone without any issues.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2015 4:52 PM BST

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney  (3DS)
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (3DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the 3ds Greats, 4 April 2014
I still have not completed the entire game yet (however I still won't include any spoilers for people who are looking to buy it)

I grew up playing the old professor layton games on the ds over the holiday's and loved solving the puzzles, however even more so I fell in love with the characters and the story lines.

Late 2013 I then played through Duel Destinies on the 3ds and since then I've been left wanting more Phoenix Wright, and boy, I was not disappointed with this amazing crossover

What I did find in duel destinies is that the part of investigating for the cases could drag and be a bit dull at times, however this has been replaced by the Professor Layton gameplay meaning you're solving the mysteries and the puzzles, then defending the accuses.

Admittedly the puzzles themselves have not been the best in my opinion, However this hasn't taken anything away from the enjoyment of completing them (with the help of the hints).

When you come to the ace attorney part of the game you will find that some of the stuff that is included in the main series (the powers) aren't included, however this is made up by being able to cross examine multiple witnesses at a time and find contradictions in their testimonies by the reactions of the other witnesses.

You are also able to use the hint coins that you find around the map in the trial themselves, which I have to admit I have used time and time again when I've been stuck. Which has been a great help in the court cases themselves.

Lastly, there isn't any mini-puzzles in the menu that you would normally find in professor layton (animals etc.) However again, this isn't missed that much.

If you're a fan of either series then this is an amazing addition and crossover which I can ensure you will love.

The story is fantastic and moving, the setting of the game is stunning and it's just set out to leave you wanting more
everytime you play.

edit:

After completing the whole game I found that the ending itself dragged on a bit and wasn't as good a climax as you might be accustomed to if you're a regular layton player, however it doesn't take anything from what was a fantastic play through of a great game.

I'm just now hoping for a sequel.