Profile for acomicshop > Reviews

Content by acomicshop

acomicshop (London)

Batman HC Vol 01 The Court Of Owls (Batman (DC Comics))
Batman HC Vol 01 The Court Of Owls (Batman (DC Comics))
by Greg Capullo

5.0 out of 5 stars "Batman is a Man with a Plan", 3 Sep 2012
"Beware the Court of Owls, that watches all the time, ruling Gotham from a shadowed perch, behind granite and lime. They watch you at your hearth, they watch you in your bed, speak not a whispered word of them, or they'll send the Talon for your head." You will see this repeated many times in the book and the book does what it says on the cover....Overall a very entertaining story arc. Out of all the super hero's I love Batman as he is a just another man with a great plan to save Gotham. Backed up by his strong will and wealth he is cut above the rest for sure but in this story he does meet his match. After Joker and Bane (to an extend) one of the strong villain to feature in Batman Story arc is "Talon". Stunning art work and well scripted story makes this book a good read. I cant wait for the second volume release which will be in 2013 as far as I understand. In a scale of 1 to 5 this book deserves a 5. I have come across some good deals in amazon as you may end up paying an arm and and a leg with a retailer. I have nothing against retailers as I understand it is a profit making business but times are bad and if we can save a penny it is worth to look around for a good deal. If you are reading this on Amazon then you are in the right place to find a deal.

The Walking Dead Compendium Volume 1
The Walking Dead Compendium Volume 1
by Robert Kirkman

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking dead is a great read...5 stars..., 30 Aug 2012
If you are looking to buy this book I would recommend the Compendium. It is a large book which gives you a good insight into the series. Great art work and one of the best black and white comics out there. I read this book in a short space of time as it was gripping and interesting. Now, if you think this is just another Zombie story you cant be more wrong.

Walking dead is not just about zombies. It ventures into peoples state of mind when they are put in difficult situation. It shows how people can react when pushed too far. I cant say more without giving away twist and turn but this book is a very interesting read. I cant wait for the next release and have already pre-ordered second volume from Amazon. Enjoy.

American Vampire HC Vol 03
American Vampire HC Vol 03
by Rafael Albuquerque

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Vampire..Vol 3 the World War, 30 Aug 2012
If you are under the impression I have got the title wrong then please refer back to my volume 1 review so you will get the idea. Yep I am aware it is "American Vampire" but it is an Amazing Vampire Story. Especially this Volume. In this volume you can see how powerful "The Vassals of the Morning Star" has become over the years and as the story progress. New recruits including our "Cash" takes us through an amazing journey. At the same time we understand some terrifying secrets about the Vamps. It is a must read volume in the series and I am not going to say much. I am awaiting delivery of the Volume 4 but if you love comics and appreciate classic art work and penciling it is a highly recommended buy. 5 star.

American Vampire HC Vol 02
American Vampire HC Vol 02
by Mateus Santolouco

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Vampire..Vol 2 the Las Vegas Saga...., 30 Aug 2012
Again loved this volume even though Kings "Skinner" is handled by someone else. Art work is 9/10 especially the Las Vegas side of things. It is one of the short volumes so finished it in one go. This volume brings some new characters into play and as you read along you will understand they are all important. "Cash" did stand out for me on this one and it is a recommended read.

American Vampire HC Vol 01
American Vampire HC Vol 01
by Rafael Albuquerque

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Vampire........Story..., 30 Aug 2012
The title should say how I feel about this series but let me quote again...it is an Amazing Vampire story with a cocktail of blood,action and quality artwork. This edition has the legendary Steven Kings creation "Skinner Sweet". Skinner can be like a Marmite you either hate him or love him. Personally I loved him. All characters are well presented. Pearl's story is good but as you read through you can see she turns interesting. 5 Stars from me on this one.

Mongoose Cricket Super Premium Wheelie Kit Bag - Black, Large
Mongoose Cricket Super Premium Wheelie Kit Bag - Black, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Spaciouse quality cricket bag...5 Stars, 16 Mar 2012
As the title says..This bag is something every serious cricketer should have. It was good value for money from Amazon and the fulfilment of the order was fantastic. It was delivered a day before the delivery date and I was even given full tracking facility. The package was securely packed and delivered. This bag is spacious and will hold 2 sets of batting pads, 3 bats, 1 helmet,4 pairs of gloves and other accessories comfortably. It would have been nice to see a separate shoe compartment for the size of the bag but your cricket shoes will easily fit in the bag even after adding all that kit mentioned above. I would highly recommend it for every batsman and keepers who normally likes carrying full kit. I like carrying at least 2 bats with me and an extra set of pads incase I have to replace once between the innings and if you are a keeper it will easily carry your keeping kit (I am sure you can get your keeping helmet in comfortably on the top of batting helmet depending upon the level you play at). Please note that this is a big so it goes without saying that you need good booth space in your car. Finally the 6 outside pocket and pull out handle just makes this bag a perfect buy. 5 Star...