Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Anatomicals Snog Me Senseless - Minty Tingling Lip Balm 15ml
Offered by Rubber Soul Healthcare
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Too strong even for a mint lover, 20 Oct 2013
The tingling and minty sensation and taste is so incredibly strong it burns my lips. Really unfortunate as Anatomicals has the best "stop cracking up" lip balm. This is a big disappointment. I love mint but I will stick with EOS mint balm for now.

The Old Money Book
The Old Money Book
Price: 2.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Relatively Accurate, 19 Oct 2013
I think most of the rules apply within this book. However don't just rely on Brooks Brothers if you are female. I have found blazers by Austen Reed to be far superior in style and fabric. Also this book seems to be more geared to the middle American class in the hopes of blending in or living a life of moderate means. Europeans tend to already be well traveled. "Old money" can drive a Lexus a Rolls Royce or any other car it chooses to. Don't take everything this book says to be law.

Serenade Heel Huggers
Serenade Heel Huggers
Offered by AK Accessories 4 You
Price: 0.75

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! AT LAST PERFECT FOR HEELS, 17 Oct 2013
I have tried dozens of different heel huggers and there are always two problems, they either don't stick to the back or rub against your foot so badly they may not as well be used at all. These however stick perfectly to my shoes and don't rub on my feet. I bought them to try and I will never use another kind again. They are worth every penny.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough., 7 Oct 2013
I just needed a casual shirt. The stitching on this seems to be very stiff and the finish is questionable so it itches a bit on the seams. The fabric is fine though not super soft as I would expect a jersey shirt to be. The sleeve length is good. I will probably have to wear the boatneck backwards for it to look right as it was cut not symmetrically.

EOS Sweet Mint Smooth Sphere Lip Balm
EOS Sweet Mint Smooth Sphere Lip Balm
Price: 5.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 28 Sep 2013
This mint balm is very odd feeling. When you touch it it is a solid, but when rubbed on the lips it feels more liquid and soft. The texture on the lips is nice and smooth, the mint tingles. A good balm for cracked lips but not quite as good as Anatomicals stop cracking up.

Tangle Teezer Cool Britannia Compact Styler Professional Detangling Hairbrush
Tangle Teezer Cool Britannia Compact Styler Professional Detangling Hairbrush
Offered by Health and Beauty Emporium
Price: 12.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good for long hair, 19 Sep 2013
This is pretty much the same type of brush I use on my cat's hair. pointy rubber spikes. I thought it would be better than my normal shower brush but it was way worse. It made more tangles than ever. I'm going back to my Mason Pearson for detangling. This is a huge disappointment.

Leighton Denny High Performance Rampant Rose Colour Nail Varnish 12ml
Leighton Denny High Performance Rampant Rose Colour Nail Varnish 12ml

5.0 out of 5 stars a lovely berry colour perfect for matching outfits, 19 Sep 2013
As this is a hot colour of the season this red is lovely for pale skin. i'm super excited that leighton denny made it. it works well.

Warmen Touch Screen Nappa Leather Winter Gloves Iphone Ipad Smart Phone (S, Black)
Offered by Sunshine Gloves
Price: 18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I could give it 10 stars!!!, 17 Sep 2013
These gloves are AMAZING!!! They are thinsulate fleece on the inside, which is a really excellent brand for high quality camping outdoor gear etc...so my husband is jealous. The gloves are very comfortable- I bought a size small and though they are on the snug side they are perfect for winter- plus they will stretch given time. The leather is top quality and the stitching is immaculate. These gloves easily would go for 100 dollars in Japan. The packaging was beautiful and they arrived within a week. The touch screen part works perfectly on my Prada 3.0 phone. Warmen and Elma gloves are the best companies for this type of glove by far.

Ladies/Womens Beret Slouch Beanie Hat (One Size) (Black)
Ladies/Womens Beret Slouch Beanie Hat (One Size) (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 14 Sep 2013
I have super long hair and I wanted a long hat that would cover my ears and be warm. This hat is perfect and soft. The silver is lovely threaded through the black. Definitely a must have.

Lessons from Madame Chic: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living in Paris
Lessons from Madame Chic: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living in Paris
Price: 10.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much french ... common sense advice, 11 Sep 2013
The book is a plethora of the author's and Madam Chic's insecurities. The food made me laugh, mostly because it sounded revolting, (cheese for breakfast and tea in a bowl. Trust the French to be unable to enjoy eggs and toast.) A three course meal cooked every evening complete with a tart made in a particular way. Who has time for such things? Few women want to slave away for hours in the kitchen or wake up before 5:45AM to make breakfast. The ten item wardrobe should more be a 25 item wardrobe minimum because of the weather. In Paris the weather remains roughly the same, in England, America, Japan or anywhere else it does not. The fact that she brought along 2 suitcases for 6 months says more about her style than about anything French. She could have just bought items in the country when there. As for why Madam Chic was not terribly warm - it is simple, French women are very insecure that their husbands will cheat on them with young women. In fact 70% of French husbands have openly admitted that they have cheated. As to why she "told her the truth on how a colour looks, French women are only happy when they have tried to make another woman miserable. The "no makeup look" is not necessarily French. As for being formal in living, sometimes it is more fun to lounge in white silk pajamas A la coco chanel, than always be in a skirt like Madame Chic. In fact Chanel was all about comfort for women. In the end the book would only be advisable if one were to never travel outside of America, as far as I can tell.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2013 12:06 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20