Profile for Chesh MBE > Reviews

English Electric
English Electric
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars OMD Back to their very best!, 10 April 2013
This review is from: English Electric (MP3 Download)
I could not wait to buy this once released last Monday. Wow, this really is OMD back to their very best. My wife and I have been OMD nuts since we met and last saw them on the Pacifice Age tour in 1986.

We were both a little disappointed with the last album, HoM, but liked Sister Marie Says. This album, is different though and you can feel the influence of Malcolm Holmes on this one. We cannot all agree on music tastes but this album has something for all OMD fans, from the earlier synth experimental tracks to the smoother, classic pop sound.

Personal favourites are Helen of Troy, Dresden, Metroland and the wonderful Stay with Me. Paul is superb on this final track. We have tickets for the Manchester concert in May and hope that the boys play some of the EE tracks as part of the set.

I have been disabled since a car smash in '98 and don't get out much, but we are not going to miss this one.

In short, if you like OMD, buy English Electric!

The Pacific Age
The Pacific Age
Price: 9.90

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the better OMD Albums, 9 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Pacific Age (MP3 Download)
Always thought that this was a good album. Not in the same class as Architecture & Morality but very good. My wife and I are life long fans and really look forward to the 2013 UK Tour. We went to the Pacific Age concerts and they were fantastic, much better than Human League and others. Best track for me is STAY but also like We Love You and Forever Live and Die. Don't agree with some comments regarding Southern. Just listen to those words of Martin Luther King accompanied by a powerful backing track by the lads and it raises the hairs on my neck, very strong. Happy memories of times past for us and well worth the few quid for this MP3 download.