Profile for Boy Lumoindong > Reviews

Content by Boy Lumoindong

Boy Lumoindong (Manado Indonesia)

Collins Writer's Thesaurus of the English Language
Collins Writer's Thesaurus of the English Language

5.0 out of 5 stars Meaningful Book, 8 Jan 2013
Well, it is a perfect book. It describes much about words which I once thought no connection at all. The printing is very attractive and the cover is cute with double colors. The dimension is within the range of my expectation. Yes, it is a meaningful book.

The Etymologicon: A Circular Stroll through the Hidden Connections of the English Language
by Mark Forsyth
Price: 9.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite Interesting !!!, 8 Jan 2013
It is hard for me to rate it four stars. Deep in my heart I have to give it five. Everything about the content of the book is very exceptional. I should say that I like it so much. But it is just the poor quality of the paper that caused to make it four stars. I'm sorry.

Holy Bible: King James Version (KJV) (Bible Kjv)
Holy Bible: King James Version (KJV) (Bible Kjv)
by Collins UK
Edition: Leather Bound
Price: 16.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Product, 8 Jan 2013
If I just can make it six stars, then I will. The leather is exceptional, the printing is clear, and the golden edge is quite attractive. I think it is good if there are two ribbons in the bible. One for Old Testament, and one for the New Testament.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2013 1:30 PM BST

OXFORD SCHOOL DICTIONARY OF WORDS ORIGINS
OXFORD SCHOOL DICTIONARY OF WORDS ORIGINS
by Hachette Children's Books

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, 8 Jan 2013
Before receiving the book I thought that I'm going to award it the four stars rating, at the lowest, based on my personal opinion after reading the short preview prepared by Amazon; but while I was reading the book I found that hardly all of the definitions of words origin could be found in my Shorter Oxford English Dictionary and my OAED. It means there is nothing new in the book. The size of of the book is much smaller than what I'm thinking of. The printing is very good, however, and I could perhaps take it anywhere I want after the small size of the book. I recommend Mr. John Ayto to add more stories behind the words, at least for some particular words derived from other languages after specific situation.

Shorter Oxford English Dictionary - Sixth Edition
Shorter Oxford English Dictionary - Sixth Edition
by Oxford Dictionaries
Price: 84.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Dictionary, 21 Dec 2012
2 months ago, a friend of my grandmother showed me a two volumes dictionary of Oxford label. I opened and read the book and instantly it amazed me so. The dictionary was so attractive with many colorful pictures. The definitions were clear and easily understandable. The paper was of high quality. I was totally impressed by everything I found in this product. Finally, I realized that the book was printed in 1983, which means more than 30 years ago. It was the third edition of Oxford two volumes dictionary. Since I was touched in the first sight, I immediately made an offer to buy the book with my Rp.2 millions money in my wallet (equals to US$ 200,-). She refused my offer by saying: I'm sorry "not for sale". I could not believe the respond coming out from her, but that was the fact. I simply can not have the book. Few days later I made a search in the internet and found that the same product of newer edition is on "sale" in Amazon. I did not have to make a count from one to three when decided to place an order. The estimated arrival date was less than 2 weeks. Day after day I patiently waited for the book. But what did happen to me was something unbelievable. The dictionary arrived after crushing out my patient in nearly 2 months. But it's just OK. I have the book now. And I'm happy with that. I do not have someone to blame on. It might be the internal system of Indonesian customs that caused my order to arrive very,very, very late. But most of all, it is a wonderful dictionary, the content and product materials are exceptional. Again, I'm happy with that, and I recommend customers to have one (two indeed). While writing this review I have placed another 2 orders to Amazon, and I hope that they will not exceeded the arrival date of my first order.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2014 4:20 PM GMT