Customer Discussions > Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360) forum

The 'get it back to 29.99' petition.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 50 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Jan 2010 14:51:45 GMT
Starks_shirt says:
Hey reply to this post if you think Amazon should stop playing silly beggars and reduce the price back to 29.99 before next week. Maybe if there is enough replies they'll sort their act out.

Posted on 20 Jan 2010 18:32:04 GMT
I'll demand 29.99 cuz I contacted them when that was the price and didn't pre-ordered then cuz amazon said that the collector's edition would be available.

Posted on 20 Jan 2010 22:57:53 GMT
gabriel71 says:
I want Mass Effect 2 to be reduced back down to £29.99 please Amazon. Why do you treat us loyal customers so badly?

Posted on 21 Jan 2010 01:39:42 GMT
W. To says:
agreed

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jan 2010 14:10:04 GMT
yeah, thought it was gonna stay at 29.99 so havn't preordered yet!

its a bit cheap that they're making us cough up another 7 quid.

Posted on 21 Jan 2010 14:18:31 GMT
I'm always happy with the service that Amazon provides, they are very prompt and I always receive the goods without hassle.

However, like the rest I am a little disappointed that some on here have had the chance to pre-order at a cheaper price and we don't get that same chance.

If you lower it to the price it was before - I guarantee I'll pre-order my copy right away now!

Posted on 21 Jan 2010 18:27:11 GMT
FireOnAWire says:
I agree - Amazon should put the price back to £29.99

It's so unfair how they suddenly jack up the price.

One day it's £29.99, another day it's £37.99

Posted on 21 Jan 2010 19:00:31 GMT
Straffers says:
I think it should be put back to £29.99

if they need to put the price up they should give their customers a warning

Posted on 21 Jan 2010 20:29:40 GMT
they put the prices up to try and encourage you to pre-order the game earlier next time.

Posted on 21 Jan 2010 21:02:18 GMT
Mr. Ma James says:
Well I wont be buying it from here unless they do!!

Posted on 23 Jan 2010 13:25:31 GMT
Lol, the price actually went up a pound!

Posted on 23 Jan 2010 13:49:28 GMT
P. Vieira says:
I agree too, either that or I'll wait and buy it somewhere else. 29.99 would be instant buy from me!

Posted on 23 Jan 2010 19:38:15 GMT
To be fair, you should have bought it back then. It doesnt charge you till they ship anyway, so I don't see why you bothered to wait it out. I bought mine, and I'm getting a £29.99 copy. Considering they still do it £2 cheaper than game and gamestation stop complaining. Should have realised at some point towards release they would put up the price to meet competitors.

Posted on 23 Jan 2010 19:56:04 GMT
Most of was wait because we were hoping that amazon would have the limited edition available. That's why.

Posted on 24 Jan 2010 00:26:35 GMT
W. Atkinson says:
If a deal looks really good then pre-order it like I did. As someone has stated, you don't get charged until the item ships. So until the item ships on release day you have all that time to cancel the order if you find it cheaper elsewhere or you think a different version may come out. It was £29.99 for about a week. If you missed out then its your own fault.
If you miss a BOGOF deal at the Supermarket do you insist they still honour the price even though you missed it? Offers come, and offers go.

Posted on 24 Jan 2010 19:34:02 GMT
Signed, i would love to get it back at 29.99 again.

Posted on 24 Jan 2010 20:29:46 GMT
ToR says:
"If a deal looks really good then pre-order it like I did. As someone has stated, you don't get charged until the item ships. So until the item ships on release day you have all that time to cancel the order if you find it cheaper elsewhere or you think a different version may come out. It was £29.99 for about a week. If you missed out then its your own fault.
If you miss a BOGOF deal at the Supermarket do you insist they still honour the price even though you missed it? Offers come, and offers go."

Pretty much sums up the thread! Thanks Amazon for the £29.99 deal =)

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jan 2010 21:24:41 GMT
M. Parker says:
the fact we missed it isnt the complaint the complaint is the lack of information given to us by amazon we I have an email saying i can purchase this for 29.99 and it dosent say when or if the offer will end.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jan 2010 21:43:55 GMT
"the fact we missed it isnt the complaint the complaint is the lack of information given to us by amazon we I have an email saying i can purchase this for 29.99 and it dosent say when or if the offer will end."

Yep - Tis is it, Amazon need to be more clear as to when the deal will expire.
All they have to write is "Buy it now for £29.99 - offer ends xxth Jan 2010", or something like that.

Posted on 24 Jan 2010 22:45:37 GMT
W. Atkinson says:
I contacted HMV about a really good offer on something. I think it was a DVD. The offer price on the item page was still showing. Yet when I added the item to my basket it came up at the original price.
So I contacted HMV and they said that they had bought XX amount of units of this dvd from a wholesaler at a special discount rate, allowing them to offer the item at a discount price. Apparantely the last few units had just been bought minutes before I found the offer which is why the price had been put back up. They just hadn't updated the item page yet.
So in summary HMV could only offer the discount price for XX amount of units. You can't put a date on when they would all be sold by.

Posted on 25 Jan 2010 01:32:30 GMT
R. MADSEN says:
i always buy from amazon..its the best site out there. But why not put the price back to 29.99 and not lose loads of sales as we all buy it elswhere. Id buy it now at 29.99.

Posted on 25 Jan 2010 10:13:09 GMT
snooze ya lose!

Posted on 25 Jan 2010 10:57:40 GMT
J. Kirkham says:
Signed

Posted on 25 Jan 2010 11:33:13 GMT
Croesis says:
You don't pay for something until it ships. Simple. If something looks like it'd be a good price pre-order it. You can cancel it closer to the time if a 'special' or different version comes out and takes your fancy and you'll incur no cost.

A lot of reasons ITT for pre-ordering early and why their prices change. As someone points out offers come and go, it's not up to Amazon to inform people of price changes unless you have entered into a contract with them (i.e. ordering the game). I don't particularly want e-mails from amazon everytime a CD or game changes price in pre-orders as most of the time I wouldn't be interested.

£29.99 was always going to be a good price, one that wasn't going to last (considering that other sites pre-order prices were £10 more) and as I mentioned above you can immediately pre-order to secure a copy at that price and cancel it later if need be. So if you saw it previously and didn't pre-order, then more fool you.

Posted on 25 Jan 2010 12:28:36 GMT
I can understand the price going back up once released (You have missed your opportunity to pre-order)

How silly for an offer to change whilst on pre-order?

Those that have will get refunded any difference if the price goes down right? Yet they have only pre-ordered the game.

So if we pre-order the game too then Amazon should really refund us the difference the other 'pre-order' customers get the game for. After all it is a pre-order price that should be fair to all right?

This is what the argument is, the offer should stand for all. The same until a pre-order offer no longer exists.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  31
Total posts:  50
Initial post:  20 Jan 2010
Latest post:  29 Jan 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360)
Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360) by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (283)