Customer Discussions > Fable III (Xbox 360) forum

games console

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Nov 2010 21:55:45 GMT
patrick mone says:
wii or xbox 360 or ps3
im getn a tv for my room what console should i get and please suggest some games

Posted on 18 Nov 2010 13:32:19 GMT
The eternal question - WII for fun games with great gameplay but limited depth oh, and BBC iPlayer for when you miss Dr. Who. PS3 or XBOX for graphics and WOW factor. PS3 for blu-ray playback and XBOX for better multiplayer functionality. I moved from PS2 to 360 reluctantly, but love it. I don't think I would PS3 if offered a choice, but you never know...

Posted on 28 Nov 2010 08:12:29 GMT
It depends what type of gamer you are. Casual/family type games are on the Wii. Hardcore gamers tend to go for Ps3 or 360. Both ps3 and 360 have exclusive games and online play, though you have to pay for online services on 360. We have all 3 consoles in our house. My mum plays on the wii, I play on my ps3 and my dad and brother like the 360, it's really a question of preference.

Posted on 30 Nov 2010 01:28:02 GMT
Hmnnnn, the eternal question!

Well heres my 2 cents!

The wii, while being a great console (maybe the best because of the games and if it could play DVDs unhacked, IMO), doesnt really work in a bedroom unless you have the wired controllers, even if you have a reasonable sized bedroom i found the wii jus requires too much space and often while in a bedroom you just want to chill.

The xbox is a great console, with the addition of the 4GB slim and the 165 bundle on amazon (2 games, extra wireless controller and HDMI lead, and for an extra 10 you can have fallout new vegas) its a seriously gud bargain console, and even when you factor in the 32ish a year to go online with (which i dont mind, my internet seems to run smoother and games are less laggy, also, the online part of xbox is supurb) its still quite cheap. Couple it with good loooks and the xbox is a good contender.

But for me the PS3 has to be the best bedroom console, just as a great all rounder, free internet, built in blu ray (even if you dont have a HD TV yet, when you do your kinda future proofed) watch bbc i-player and basic internet surfing (watch you-tube etc) something you cant do on the xbox and limited to on the wii, the ability to pay 10 a month and get unlimited love film movie streaming to your console (aswell as a 1 disk at a time deal, so you can borrow games) good sized hard drive for playing music, and the console feels well built and looks good (especially the slim).

Basically it boils down to 3 things:

Cost (how much u got to spend)

Network (what consoles your mates got? dont wann miss out on the fun)

And games. theres not alot of difference between PS3 and XBOX, even if the exact game is not on both consoles you can get an alternative. for example gran turismo and forza. both great games. however, the wii games are completley differnt so you have to sorta decide what kind of gamer you are, although i disagree about the wii being a casual family type console, the games my look childish but with mario kart, super mario, donkey kong country returns, a massive libray of games you can download, its simple but addictive gaming at its best.

Hope ive helped, its really a difficult thing to advise on as only you can make the choice, have a play on mates consoles 1st, get a feel for what you like and dont like.

Posted on 1 Dec 2010 16:46:41 GMT
They all do different things and are exceptional pieces of kit. I own all 3 (Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii) and if I could only keep one it would be the 360 but I would sorely miss the other 2. All 3 over lap in what they can do but all have differences which make them suitable for different people with different tastes.

Wii - Great for the more casual gamer but has a small number (in relation to total number of available titles) of 'core' games such as Super Mario Galaxy/2, Mario Kart Wii, Goldeneye 007, Other Metroid M etc. You need a reasonable amount of space to use the Wiimote so bear that in mind if you're buying it to go in a bedroom.

Downsides - A lot of poor casual games, no DVD play back and of all 3 consoles has the poorest on line capabilities. Not as powerful as the 2 HD consoles (PS3 and 360).

PS3 - The best all rounder and media centre. By this I mean it is the best at connecting to PC's for moving photos, music etc between the 2, has bluetooth connectivity and has an intergrated Blu-ray player. It has a very good game catalogue including exclusives such as Little Big Planet, Uncharted 2, GT5 etc. The PS3 is probably the most powerful of the 3, just pipping (and only just) the 360. It has free on line play courtesy of the Playstation Network (PSN) although this isn't as good as the paid for Xbox LIVE. Films, games and game demos can be downloaded via PSN. The PSN also has a full functioning web browser, BBC i player (as has the Wii) and the option to use the LoveFilm service.

Downsides - PSN is free but not as good as XBL. Dual Shock 3 controller isn't as good as the 360 control pad.

Xbox 360 - Often considered the gamers' game console as it has arguably the best catalogue of games and best on line multiplayer capabilities which come courtesy of Xbox LIVE (XBL). XBL costs 40 a year although can be bought cheaper (I've just paid 24.99 for the year). Full games such as COD: Modern Warfare can be bought and downloaded as well as smaller titles via the XBL Arcade. XBL also contains Zune (a film and music library), Facebook, Twitter and Last.fm radio. The control pad for the 360 is the best and most intuitive and the headset are much better than those used on the PS3 (and are alot more comfortable to use). The 360 has some great exclusive games franchises such as Forza, Fable, Gears of War and Halo.

Downsides - XBL Gold is paid for, no blu-ray player and no BBC i player.

All 3 consoles now have motion control thanks to Move (for PS3) and Kinect for the 360 however if you're buying a console for a bedroom Kinect may not be an option as it requires more space than Move and Wiimotes.

Which ever you get, you'll have plenty of fun!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  16 Nov 2010
Latest post:  1 Dec 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fable III (Xbox 360)
Fable III (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (221)