Customer Discussions > world cinema discussion forum

To Forget Venice

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Dec 2008 13:03:04 GMT
Bruller says:
How is it possible that no DVD version of this wonderful Italian movie is to be found. Or am I searching in the wrong places.
Despite the main characters being gay, it offers a wonderful sense of nostalgia, and insight into making peace with the aging process.
Will be glad if anyone has any news about a possible DVD release.
Or why no DVD is available.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jan 2009 19:16:11 GMT
Mackem1 says:
I searched for a copy of this film for years - every time I went to Italy I enquired at video and media stores but without success. Finally I was told that the company which made the film had gone bust and there was no chance of it appearing as a video or DVD. Three years ago, however, I tried e-bay and managed to find an ex-rental Italian video - without subtitles, but better than nothing.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2009 22:14:28 GMT
Galadriel says:
There is a dvd of the film (dubbed into English) on www.vsom.com (video search of miami). I came across this site as I am also desperately looking for this film for my brother-in-law in Australia. He doesn't want a dubbed version so the search continues.

Posted on 22 Feb 2010 07:05:56 GMT
Bruller says:
Thanks Mackem1 - at least now I know. Should have thanked you ages ago. Will now make peace with my faded copy taped from a TV broadcast. A remastered DVD will be so much better, though.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Mar 2010 00:52:04 GMT
Agree 100%. An excellent film about aging. Saw it many moons ago (while a student) and would also love to own a copy. Please let me know if you ever come across it!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Mar 2010 09:58:33 GMT
T. P. Teale says:
Have never forgotten this marvellous movie which I also saw when at varsity and would love to see it again (and again, and again...). Pse advise if anything turns up. Timothy Teale

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2014 08:22:54 BDT
Louella says:
Like you I too am dumbfounded as to why no DVD exists of To Forget Venice a film I saw in the seventies and have never forgotten,please someone get this film onto DVD now and make it available!When you think of all the rubbish that is on DVD there's just no justice
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the world cinema discussion forum (67 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  15 Dec 2008
Latest post:  29 Apr 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions