Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Amazon delays on refunds bordering on criminal

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Feb 2014 18:49:03 GMT
pineapple says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 9 Feb 2014 21:03:28 GMT
Sanchez says:
I don't think anyone will be able to comment without more details. I presume that you paid for a Console that didn't arrive within the time frame you envisaged, what happened then? You still haven't received it? Every time I have sent something back for a refund it's back in my account with a couple of weeks. Tell us more so you can gloat / show sympathy / exclaim / shrug / none of the above

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 05:11:16 GMT
des says:
Go to your bank and ask to reverse the charge, it is quick and easy to do. Tell them you haven't received the refund yet.

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 07:37:38 GMT
Dela says:
I thought Amazon only charged your card when said item(s) are dispatched to you?

I think he's lying myself

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 08:04:23 GMT
Des is right, all banks in the UK have dedicated transaction dispute teams for either debit or credit cards, if you contact a standard customer service line you'll be routed accordingly to them, as long as you met some basic criteria for what they class as a dispute, in this case non-receipt of goods, you've already waited over 3 months so wouldn't be an issue with timescales either.
Once the report is filed you'll have your cash back very soon in your account.

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 09:07:23 GMT
RABB says:
Gotta say I've never had a problem with Amazon refunds coming through, even when buying a console. There has to be something you're not telling us as that doesn't seem like a typical scenario.

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 09:24:53 GMT
Bunny says:
Amazons returns/refunds have been second to none in my experience

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 09:43:34 GMT
He didn't buy it from Amazon. He misread the description and brought a picture off some eBay seller.

This isn't the first time it's happened, he also owns a picture of a PS4.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Feb 2014 16:32:28 GMT
This. In fact I've returned an item using their pre-paid Collect+ and received the refund that very same afternoon.

Cannot fault Amazon on returns/customer service. The only issues I've had are a couple of release day items have been delivered a day after release day despite paying for Prime.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Feb 2014 17:35:08 GMT
they certainly dont charge for anything until its dispatched. never had a problem with amazon.

Posted on 12 Feb 2014 08:32:24 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 12 Feb 2014 08:34:18 GMT]

Posted on 12 Feb 2014 12:46:49 GMT
G. Hanks says:
I once ordered from Zoverstocks and...... oh, wrong thread.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Feb 2014 14:59:33 GMT
Matthew says:
You're lying. Even if your order had begun processing and was subsequently cancelled, the money which would have been ringfenced on your account would be freed up automatically after a set period of time(Time varies according to which bank you use) should Amazon not do it themselves.

Amazon only take the money after it has been authorised prior when the order has been dispatched to you. They do not do it beforehand.

Posted on 12 Feb 2014 15:35:19 GMT
I use Amazon because their refunds/return policy is second to none.

360 RROD replaced after one Email.
Faulty Turtle Beach PX21s replaced after one Email.

Posted on 12 Feb 2014 15:36:33 GMT
J. E. Cross says:
Agree with all this, sometimes I'll pay slightly more on Amazon because of their refund policy.

Posted on 12 Feb 2014 17:18:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Feb 2014 17:18:43 GMT
I have been using amazon for years and have only come across the problem the OP has mentioned once (or something similar).
It was last year but the full details allude me!
Basically, I ordered something like a Nintendo 3DS. When it went into the packaging stage, I decided to cancel it and order a different model.
Amazon Had not taken the money for the item as it had not been dispatched, but they had placed a HOLDER on my Credit Card for the amount (Ä155).
On calling my bank (AIB - VISA Credit Card) - they advised that it was up to amazon to reverse the hold and that it will eventually fall off.
Between calling Amazon and the bank, it was eventually resolved but the amount was unavailable for use for about 2 weeks and drove me crazy.

Just to repeat, the money was never deducted from my credit card (thus no refund required), but due to the Holder being put in place by Amazon, I could not avail of that amount when using my CC for other transactions.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What Are You Currently Playing Part 7: A man chooses, a HAW obeys. 5615 21 minutes ago
The Official Amazon Football Thread - The Race for Sixth 2054 11 hours ago
XBOX One S 7 21 hours ago
Resident Evil 12 1 day ago
stop playing 4 1 day ago
Nintendo Thread Part 3 "Get N or get out" 7310 1 day ago
half a day and no posts 34 1 day ago
Cheap Games! 4526 2 days ago
Season passes? 11 2 days ago
Battlefield 1 93 2 days ago
Any muppets, clowns..... 24 2 days ago
Is anyone else attending EGX this year? 3 2 days ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  9 Feb 2014
Latest post:  12 Feb 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions