Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Xbox one help needed

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Dec 2013 05:03:07 GMT
Can anyone help please, I've just bought an xbox one and during the update it keeps sticking at 80% saying there's a problem
I've tried to reset the cache the way they said by turning it off with the xbutton unplugging the power for 30 seconds then trying again but it still sticks at 80%
I'm not sure if it's me that's doing something wrong or if I should be returning it to the shop , thanks.

Posted on 30 Dec 2013 08:37:23 GMT
Assuming you have tried all of this- http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/troubleshoot-system-updates - then contact support and have a USB flash drive with 2gb free available - support will advice how to update via USB.

Good news is that while a few people have had this issue it is normally resolved via the above.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Dec 2013 12:44:25 GMT
Thanks for taking the time to reply .
I don't have a flash drive and I'm not keen on having to spend more money after spending 429 on it stupid me expected it to work :)
Anyway I've reboxed it and I'll try returning it tonight after work
Cheers again for trying to help

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Dec 2013 12:54:12 GMT
Thanks for taking the time to reply .
I don't have a flash drive and I'm not keen on having to spend more money after spending 429 on it stupid me expected it to work :)
Anyway I've reboxed it and I'll try returning it tonight after work
Cheers again for trying to help

Posted on 30 Dec 2013 14:39:23 GMT
Don't know if it works with the xbone but on the 360 you can download updates to your pc, write it to a cd/dvd then pop that in the disc drive and update it from that. Might be worth a try.

Posted on 30 Dec 2013 15:42:29 GMT
Still might be worth trying the helpline - it is very unlikely to be a hardware fault - I suspect Xbox help would offer you a better and quicker solution than sending the whole Xbox back. Best of luck whatever you decide though.

Posted on 30 Dec 2013 19:55:44 GMT
Returned the xbox to the store they changed it over no problem and what a difference its downloaded the update with no problems and so much faster than the other one had tried to I'm all set up and have forza installing , thanks again guys :)

Posted on 30 Dec 2013 20:45:22 GMT
Great news! Enjoy your machine.

Posted on 30 Dec 2013 21:14:29 GMT
Davey says:
Sounds as though the download has stopped and as with pcs and tablets when you try to redownload it gets corrupt and stops.

Sometimes clearing the cache will help but you done the right thing for a replacement , Microsoft will just take it back and flush the entire system .
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  30 Dec 2013
Latest post:  30 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions