Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Where to Import Asian Version Games from ??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Apr 2012 11:35:14 BDT
Apologies for starting up a thread but need some help !

Looking to buy an Asian or Japanese version of Demons Souls and Dark Souls - and was wondering if anyone knew a good site I could use to purchase from ??

Checked play-asia.com (the only one I know) and can get "Dark Souls" but not the "Demons Souls" and the Asian version of Dark Souls here is quite expensive at about $100 including p&p.

Any suggestions/ Help would be appreciated??

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 11:37:29 BDT
http://www.amazon.co.jp/In-English/b?ie=UTF8&node=1094656

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 11:39:56 BDT
@ Zarabus - thanks a million mate. Will have a look now >>

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 11:49:58 BDT
Zarabus,
When trying to process with order, advising that they won't ship to my address here in Ireland :-
We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below.

Have you successfully ordered from the amazon.co.jp site before or has anyone else that can comment ??

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 11:54:38 BDT
Never ordered from there before, just thought it might be worth a shot.

Have you tried ebay? You might find a jap version being sold in this country?

Do you mind me asking why you are looking for an Asian/Japanese version?

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2012 11:59:00 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Apr 2012 12:01:27 BDT
You can buy it off this Amazon :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=demon+souls+japan

The used ones start from £12.50 but it depends, of course, if used is a problem ?

* DAMN the cheaper ones are Chinese - teach me for not reading the small print !! lol
The Japanese ones are around £40

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 11:59:47 BDT
Wanted to play it again from scratch and get trophies again. Plat'd both already.
Thanks for the link - pity they don't ship this way. Will check ebay again later when home.
Appreciate the responses !!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2012 12:19:22 BDT
I thought UK Amazon would have shipped to Ireland o.O

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 12:21:17 BDT
@ Kodokushi - they do. The Japanese Amazon site wouldn't process my order, i.e - they would not ship to Ireland. Assume it will be the same if I use a UK address !!

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 12:26:25 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Apr 2012 12:27:18 BDT
UK address from .jp ?? Stupid question - Have you tried ordering from the .co.uk to Ireland...

I know UK address doesn't work, as well as German, from .jp cos I've tried it before =/ damn lol

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 12:34:36 BDT
"Where to Import Asian Version Games from ??"

Typically, Asia...

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 12:37:58 BDT
@ Kodokushi - I order all the time from amazon mate and you get free delivery to Ireland when order exceeds £25. Had not seen an asian version of Dark Souls on http://amazon.co.uk. Found one on play-asia.com but was hoping to pay less than $100 if possible.

@ Paul - good point. Well presented.... Ha

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 12:43:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Apr 2012 12:44:27 BDT
Demons Souls is about £40-50 off Amazon UK (including postage).
Dark Souls is also around the same price.

Just search something along the lines of 'Demon's/Dark Souls Japan' and it should bring them up - there's only two up for Demon's Souls and one for Dark Souls and they're off private sellers rather than Amazon itself.

So you should be able to get both games for about £100 from this site.

But as Zarabubus said, it might be better to get on eBay and have a look.

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 12:44:17 BDT
The japanese site wont ship outside japan, i bought a studio ghibli 160gb ps3 from amazon jp it the ni no kuni edition only sold in japan and had it delivered to my in laws in japan.

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 12:47:09 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Apr 2012 12:50:47 BDT
OhMoth says:
If you really want to order stuffs from japan and don't mind paying extra for the service, have you considered using a middleman? But you also have to take into account that the HMRC have lowered the customs duty threshold from £18 to £14 I think. So that will be another thing to consider. I've used white rabbit express and they were great to deal with.

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 12:50:26 BDT
@ Kodokushi - Thanks mate. Will have a look now. Will hold off on Dark Souls until I can confirm either way whether the US NTSC version has the same/different trophy to my PAL version.

@ Lee - thanks for that. Lucky you have the inlaws in Japan. Obvioulsy makes it easier getting things.

One more question, if a site mentions teh PS3 region code as (AS) - does this stand for Japan ?
Burty advised me to look at Renchi.com and found english version Dark souls with reg code of AS.
Apologies for the ignorance....

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 12:55:32 BDT
Are PS3 not region free any more ?
The only region code I know for Japan is NTSC-J, sorry haven't a clue about AS

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_seeall_1?rh=k%3Ademon+souls+japan%2Ci%3Avideogames&keywords=demon+souls+japan&ie=UTF8&qid=1334576976 - Demons Souls on uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=dark+souls+japan&rh=n%3A300703%2Ck%3Adark+souls+japan&ajr=0 - Dark Souls on uk

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 13:12:23 BDT
Thanks Kodokushi - Just purchased the Japanese version of Demons Souls from your link.
Will hold off on the Dark Souls version until next week.
Many thanks mate.

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 13:19:40 BDT
No problem =)

Maybe I should go into marketting if it's this easy to sell things to people ;) lol

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 13:25:43 BDT
@ keysersoze - thanks for the reply.
Will possibly use them in the future. Missed ur response due to my excitement being able to order the Japanese version of Demons Souls from here ;-)

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 14:53:17 BDT
Wazza says:
I use www.playasia.com for all my international needs.

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 16:33:06 BDT
Hi Wazza. Yep, use that site the odd time. Burty recommended a site called www.renchi.com. Its a little cheaper.The Asian version of dark souls is $70 including P&P/.
Slightly more expensive on plat-asia.com.

Ordered Demons Souls from here and as stated, will wait and see if the NTSC version of Dark Souls is the same as PAL on the trophy list. If it is, will then order the asian version.

Thanks for the help.

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 22:35:04 BDT
You should check out yesasia.com if you need to order anything else. Usually pretty good and I've never had any issues with delivery apart from at christmas. Not sure about the tax and shipping on games through as not ordered a game from them before but think it'll be slightely different than if cd's or dvd's etc. Prices between £30 and £45-ish for USA or Japanese version of both Demon's and Dark Souls, but as I said I'm unsure of shipping/tax because they are games as usually if I'm getting cd's or dvd's it's free (slowest) shipping if you order above a certain value.

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 22:54:10 BDT
Cerberus says:
You tried eBay ?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  16 Apr 2012
Latest post:  16 Apr 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions