Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Console/games trade-in

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Jul 2014 16:01:45 BDT
Bunga says:
Hi fellas, I am a bit of a hoarder and haven't sold or traded in anything in my life but my 360 and PS3 currently gather dust in my TV unit and I'm looking to see what I can get for them plus all the games I own for them.

Is there anywhere you guys have used or would recommend for doing this?

Ideally speaking I'd like to put the money towards a PS4 so I'm not adverse to trading in against the price of buying that in-store, but would happily take cash as well.

Cheers guys!

Posted on 22 Jul 2014 16:18:18 BDT
Get a value from webuy.com and go to GAME. They will beat trade in by £1 per item

Posted on 22 Jul 2014 16:28:09 BDT
Amazon is pretty good, they even pay for the postage and you can send them all at once. You just need to ensure that the games you trade in are exactly the same as the description otherwise they will be returned. The turnaround is also pretty quick est. 3-5days

You get money by way of a gift card balance which can be redeemed against any future purchases.

Posted on 22 Jul 2014 16:28:20 BDT
Amazon, webuy.com (CEX) and Game all have online price checkers. I found Amazon surprisingly good for consoles, got £24 for an unboxed DS Lite a couple of months back...

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2014 16:41:57 BDT
You don't get much bud and if your a horder at heart you may regret trading, I regretted trading my 360 in, so much so I got a another one.

Posted on 22 Jul 2014 17:03:43 BDT
Bunga says:
I've got my PC Bauer as a back up so I won't be stuck.

Thanks for the advice lads. I've put the two consoles themselves into the CEX checker and it says £110 cash as a quote. I've probably got about 30 xbox games and only got the big PS3 exclusives as games. Will have to grab them from my in-laws attic to get the exact details, suspect they won't amount to much given they're quite old games most.

Posted on 22 Jul 2014 17:19:11 BDT
I also recommend getting prices from CEX then asking GAME to beat them by £1. I've always traded everything over the years and can recommend this route as the easiest and most cost effective. What I would also not recommend is bringing this into store as a job lot on a saturday afternoon as the other customers will want to murder you for taking forever. Employes are also prone to messing up when typing in price matches in my experience and have to start over so if you're looking to trade 30+ games it could be a bit of a mare.

Posted on 22 Jul 2014 19:01:03 BDT
Bunny says:
I tend to use amazon for my trade ins. Less hassle, and the gift card money ensures I respend it on games rather than waste it on useless things like food and bills etc

Posted on 23 Jul 2014 10:57:06 BDT
kinjoking says:
just sell on ebay, you can then store the funds in your paypal account and then buy a new console when u feel there is enough in there. thats what im doing. i can get an X1 for free now :)

Posted on 23 Jul 2014 11:04:04 BDT
Big_Al says:
Take your console and a minimum of 50 games to computer exchange and in return they will give you £2.89.

Posted on 23 Jul 2014 11:25:46 BDT
Hope you get a good deal Bunga!!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jul 2014 11:29:44 BDT
It's the hassle though. Whilst you do indeed get more money, you also run the risk of people messing you about and have to relist etc.

I sold 15 games over the weekend. 4 people have paid so far.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jul 2014 11:33:46 BDT
kinjoking says:
true true but in my experience a) 90% of people are fine with paying. b) i can get the price that i relatively want for stuff rather then succumbing to the low low trade in price that a company will offer you.

Posted on 23 Jul 2014 11:57:21 BDT
I sold my 360 on Gumtree for about £100 with 1 game (last Nov)

I would definitely try on there, you get much more than trade in.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Alienware Alpha - Console Killer? 152 5 minutes ago
Wednesday PS3 Gaming night 7903 15 minutes ago
The Ultra Settings with full FXAA and AToC Thread (PC part 2) 1490 31 minutes ago
Platini's Fifth Official Amazon Football Thread - Post Fergie Number 1 4484 42 minutes ago
Destiny 1481 49 minutes ago
Forza Horizon 2 57 54 minutes ago
The Driveclub Thread 339 57 minutes ago
What have you played the most this year people? 30 1 hour ago
Let's play the film link game ! 68 1 hour ago
Halo : MCC 150 1 hour ago
Nintendo Thread Part 3 "Get N or get out" 1448 1 hour ago
Happy Christmas 8 1 hour ago

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  22 Jul 2014
Latest post:  23 Jul 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions